Thread: Team America: World Police

Team America: World Police

This movie is probably the funniest thing I have ever watched, and I don't say that lightly. I've never seen a movie that was so consistently funny from the opening credits to the last song of the closing credits. I was laughing so hard that I hyperventilated. Laughing so hard that I doubled over and head-butted s'Ilancy. Laughing so hard I nearly fell on the floor. There was barely enough time to catch my breath in between the total comedy lolocaust in every other minute of material.

Its one of the movies that Trey and Matt are exceedingly good at. Its a movie that unites everyone in the audience because it actually makes fun of everyone. By taking the whole extremely sensitive issue of America's war on terror and raking it over the coals, it provides an equal opportunity to laugh at others and to laugh at yourself.

Master Yoghurt
    I heard a lot of good things about this one. Several people saying its the funniest movie of the year, or for that matter many years. I will most definitely make sure to watch it.

The songs are about half the hilarity. The Team America theme is incredibly catchy.

Also, hearing Kim Jong Il say "Ahhh, Herro Mr. Hans Brix" will make you pee your pants.

Sarr Koon

Re: Team America: World Police

Team America is awesome, go see it. Definatly one of the funniest movies I've seen.

And yes, the songs are one of the best things about the movie. I have all the funny ones burned on a CD.

jjwr
    One negative I've heard is it relies too heavily on parodying certain kinds of movies like the various Bruckheimer films, etc...is this true?

I'll see it either way, just curious.

It parodies them, but far from what I'd say is "heavy" parody. Is that even a negative if true?

jjwr
    Not at all, just curious what to expect when going in

It's a weapon of mass comedic destruction, plain and simple. There's crude humor involved, which is to be expected from anything that Trey & Matt are involved in, but its also a fairly intelligent comedy that anybody can plug into.

Originally posted by Charley
    The Team America theme is incredibly catchy.
    That song cracked me up -- it fits so well. Yes, it is crude, but if you go to this movie *not* expecting that, something is wrong with you.

TheHolo.Net Admin

DragonCon 09
    AKA
    Christin
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: W4BSY Steam ID: ApexLupine
    I have never laughed so hard at a movie in my entire life.

This movie was definately worth getting bashed in the head by Charley

SWFans.Net Poster

catwimmin for teh win!

Has been a member for 5 years or longer

I was actually interested about it when I first saw previews for it, but the more I learned about it, the more I lost interest. So, I won't be giving my money to it. *shrug*

Originally posted by Lady Vader
    I was actually interested about it when I first saw previews for it, but the more I learned about it, the more I lost interest. So, I won't be giving my money to it. *shrug*
    What exactly turned you off of it? Its easily the funniest movie in the last few years.

SWFans.Net Poster

catwimmin for teh win!

Has been a member for 5 years or longer

I don't know really. Just the more I saw of it, the more I felt it would be a waste of my time to go see.

I think it's probably because I can only take so much satire all at once?

Well, there were a few aspects of it I really didn't feel like putting myself through, but those are aspects i'd rather keep to myself.

Hart
    I didn't want to see it, but I did, and I'm glad I did. It just keeps pushing the envelope, and I think movies like this and South Park: the Movie, both surprisingly intelligent and creative, are good for the industry and our country in general.

JMK
    I got to check it out this weekend, but I had heard so much about it from friends that it wasn't nearly as funny as I was expecting. That being said, it's hysterical to talk about it after with others who have seen it.

TheHolo.Net Admin

DragonCon 09
    AKA
    Christin
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: W4BSY Steam ID: ApexLupine
    The "panther" scene was my favorite

JMK
    Same with my girlfriend.

Hart
    I thought the promise to never die was funny. That and the love scene just made my evening.