*Imperial Agent Mali i Qel-Vena sat slumped in the co-pilot's chair of the Finesse, a slightly used Hyrotii Crescent-Class Transport. She felt overwhelmed in frustration. The blasted ship, regardless of its speed, strength, and sensor-baffling advanced equipment and whatnot, lacked a decent refresher. The result of that: an underpowered sonic shower. The result of that: a marginally less effective Imperial agent.*

*Mali was interrupted from her thoughts by a loud klaxon, which filled the cockpit with an endless, reverberating high-pitched squealing.*

"Rebel patrol ship at point three eight," she thought to herself. The oval-shaped patrol ship wasn't that threatening. The Finesse could probably vape her and run off, anyway, but that wasn't the assignment-to destroy rebel patrol ships. Mali forced herself to handle the situation diplomatically. Besides, if the patrol ship called reinforcements, her mission would be compromised.*

"Don't worry about it. Our ID will get us through. The rebels probably just want to flaunt their power, make us think that they're the de facto powers in this galaxy," she thought.

:: The rebels had been all over the Slice for the past few months. ::

:: Another beeping device activated. It was the patrol ship, over the comm. ::

"Unidentified transport, this is the Republic patrol ship Sentinel. Transmit your cargo manifest and destination."

" Sentinel, this is the relief freighter Caretaker, carrying urgently needed medical supplies to the besieged citizens of New Arginall on Hargeeva."

Okay, so I lied about our cargo. They'd never know, of course. If the patrol ship wished to scan our cargo hold, they'd get readings of Bacta supply containers and hypos and stronger pain killers. Intel was quite good at its job.

"The imps are storming New Arginall? They just got through sacking Remiyan."

"Yeah. Imp garrison commander is this sector's wacko of the week."

"I copy that. Gentle journey, Caretaker."

*The comm shut down before Mali could reply, or retort, depending on what kind of mood she was in for chit-chat.*