Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: DNA: Building Blocks of Life and some times Police Investigations.

Stern
    Stern chuckled. "No, we won't test that."

Jo's powers had Stern curious. He had no idea such a double-edged sword was a member of his department. Stern believed in miracles, but he also believed that a person made his own luck. Perhaps Jo's probability backlash could be overcome? It was hard to say, seeing as he didn't know the extent of her powers.

"Later, I want to find out more about the nature of your powers. If we were to get an agent on the inside of Jericho, having your probability altering powers to lend a hand might work out well. We'll figure out the negative part as we go."

The captain let out a breath. "Well, Jo, that's really all I needed from you. I appreciate you helping me out during my Captain Dummy moment. Remember, this investigation is secret. No one can know. If I think of something else you can do to help, I'll find you immediately."

He stood and gestured to the door. "You're dismissed."

Jo nodded, got to her feet, and quickly found herself on the other side of the office door. Behind her the light changed hues a few times before she mustered up the strength to walk down the hallway. Use her ability in an investigation? Sounded like a good way for her to end up in traction.

She made her way down to the labs, back to relative anonymity and her comfort zone.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12