View Poll Results: How do you feel?

Voters
24. You may not vote on this poll
  • A franchise reboot -- already?

10 41.67%
  • A reboot is the right idea.

3 12.50%
  • Why not continue the story with a new Peter Parker? (And director)

2 8.33%
  • Cool -- this will free up Sam Raimi and Tobey Maguire to work on other projects.

1 4.17%
  • Poor Kirsten Dunst ...

0 0%
  • I want to sing about it! Or wait, maybe not, since the Spider-Man Broadway musical is being delayed....

1 4.17%
  • How will James Franco make money now?!

1 4.17%
  • I dealt with enough sticky stuff in high school, thanks!

1 4.17%
  • Great - now I'll have to see some 18-year-old underwear model play Peter Parker!

0 0%
  • I couldn't be less interested in this news.

5 20.83%

Thread: IMDb Daily Poll: Spider-Man Reboot

Poll IMDb Daily Poll: Spider-Man Reboot

Spider-Man 4 is dead as a sequel; no Sam Raimi, Tobey Maguire, etc. Instead, reports indicate a franchise reboot is planned; which of these statements is the closest match to how you feel about the news?

"A Jedi must remain focused. Mastery of the Force requires that all unnecessary activities be purged from daily life."

I couldn't be less interested in this news (I was never a big fan of the films: 1st was ok, 2nd a bit better, 3rd forgettable).

(though I was really tempted to vote for either the Kirsten Dunst or James Franco responses )

TheHolo.Net Poster
    Has been a member for 5 years or longer

AKA
    Droo
    Gamer IDs

Steam ID: droogydroo
    Remakes, reboots, reimaginings... take the p off the word prequel and you've got the four dirtiest words in cinema. Okay, there have been some brilliant contributions from the Bond, Batman, and Star Trek camps, but still...

If it is done, will it bring it in line with the Iron Man / Incredible Hulk / Avengers continuity? If so, then hell yes. If not, 'go to hell, remake'.

Same goes for talk of a Fantastic Four reboot. I want me some Reid Richards in the Avengers, damn it!

TheHolo.Net Admin

Baroness Scorpion #2
    Lesbian Overlord of SWFans

DragonCon 09
    AKA
    Jenny
    Remake it. I want a decent Spidey movie!

TheHolo.Net Poster

The Scorpion Prince
    Oil my peanuts, you blood-cursed bastards.
    DragonCon 09
    AKA
    Peter
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: CrusaderJ11
    I love the first Spiderman Movie so I am not a Fan of a so early reboot but maybe a later story line or an Avenger setting would give it a new twist that would work for me.
    Maybe a "Civil War" Setting...but please no Spiderman begins. The Sam Raimi version covers this plotline perfectly starting with one of the best movie quotes for a super hero movie("This is a story about a girl").

TheHolo.Net Admin
    OG Forum Overlord

AKA
    Holly
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Lilaena Steam ID: jainhollie
    I don't need another origin story.

However from what I've heard the 'reboot' would have Peter already with his powers, and in high school.

SW-Fans.Net Poster

A hundred years, just hanging out, feeling guilty. Really honed my brooding skills.
    AKA
    JC
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Darth Lykaios PSN ID: Lykaios
    I've heard all sorts of rumors regarding this movie, even ones saying Zack Effron (or however you spell his name) has been cast as Spidey. I'm all for reboots and remakes if made properly (which like Droo said, it doesn't happen often) but I don't see this one going well due to the fact that they're making it so they don't lose the rights to the Spidey franchise, otherwise of no movie is released by a certain date the rights go to the Mouse.

SW-Fans.Net Poster

Inappropriate for Public Consumption

All Spiderman movies are utter crap. So burn this worthless francise to the ground and leave it to rot.

SW-Fans.Net Poster

I... am... CHRISTMAS!

I loved the first two but the third installment was boring as hell and I'm not interested anymore. Bring on Harvey Birdman: Attorney at Law - The Movie!

SW-Fans.Net Poster

Inappropriate for Public Consumption

Quote Originally Posted by Peter McCoy View Post
    Bring on Harvey Birdman: Attorney at Law - The Movie!

Oh I like your thinking there son

If there is a reboot, at least we can sleep soundly at night, safe in the knowledge that Kirsten Dunst has a potential music career to fall back on.

Video is Japanese-themed: therefore it contains cartoon characters doing naughty things, and thus may be considered "not safe for work".

SW-Fans.Net Poster

Silver-Tongued Devil

Well that was random. OH, Kirsten Dunst you are lucky you are hot.

I think it is rather soon, hopefully not another origin story. I am guessing they will change things no Green Goblin as villain (probably Norman as villain but more of a guy pulling strings ala Lex Luthor). Eddie Brock will work for the Bugle, and Peter will be dating either Gwen Stacey or Felica Hardy. As for costume villains, probably either Electro, Mysterio, or the Lizard.

SW-Fans.Net Admin

Good but Damaged Goods

DragonCon 09
    Maybe Spider-Man will be lanky and a smart-ass instead of the boring stocking Spider-Man we got from Rami.