Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Blood Oath (complete)

She considered that, fingers idly smoothing the wrinkles out of her slacks. "If we do not take the time to strengthen the existing Sabbat then we cannot take London back from the Camarilla. The Cardinal thinks this is a fools errand, which is why he sent us on it.

"When we succeed, I will be on stronger footing." But it would take time to overcome the entrenched Camarilla, and there really was no way to do it with their small numbers. Even if she forced them all to turn more kine, the fledglings would be little better than useless for quite some time.

She rubbed her forehead with a slim hand, filled with doubts. Instead of being wrapped up in London, she should be in Moscow, among her own Bishops. "Jorge's ductus, this Patrick McClain, he knows of an Assamite. I need to meet with this assassin as soon as possible to put our meagre plans into action. We do not have to act ourselves to further our cause, after all."

Sergei Vishnyakov
    Sergei nodded. “I'll see to the pack while you are dealing with the Assamite. It would be better if he remained unaware of my existence.”

It wasn't that he feared the assassin clan, but rather that he doubted they would be quick – or happy – to work with a Tremere.

“How soon will the ductus be able to arrange a meeting?”

"Two nights from now." Katarina closed her eyes briefly, feeling the Beast stir as her hunger increased, sated only the slightest bit by the Vaulderie. "After I have gotten what I need from Montague, and he from me," a tiny smile, "I will be more confident to meet an assassin that they have found."

Sergei Vishnyakov
    “Given that the use of the Assamites was a suggestion directly from the Cardinal himself, I imagine we should be wary. Of course he wouldn't be so brazen to use one of them against you, but nonetheless...” Idly, Sergei traced the lines of one of the tattoos on the back of his hand. “It's a shame that I won't be able to have any dealings with the man. I've heard they are something impressive to behold.”

She nodded, "Yes, but they hate Tremere with a passion, and I cannot cow them like I do the Tzimisce."

The mention of the Cardinal had put her in a sour mood. "Have them bring me something to drink, Sergei. And then leave me... I have to think."

Sergei Vishnyakov
    “Very well.” With a bow, Sergei departed. One of the many kine who had been procured for food was retrieved and delivered to the Archbishop promptly. Her vizier, meanwhile, retired to his new quarters and to the company of an old spellbook.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12