OG Forum Overlord

AKA
    Holly
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Lilaena Steam ID: jainhollie
    omg that is cool!!

JMK
    Yeah it's a neat little set. The printing job was really nice and the pins are pretty cool. But like I said, chasing it around every day for 20 days was a pain in the rear, especially having to walk away with a french newspaper.

jjwr
    Very nice! Where did those come from exactly?

JMK
    They were exclusive to Canada, the U.K. and Australia. Each set is different from one another. The only thing they had in common is the way to go about getting the pins: certain newspapers in those countries had a daily coupon which you could cut out and bring to a select retailer and buy the pin for $2.69 each.

What makes each album unique is that the logos of the newspaper and the participating retailers in the region are printed on the album.

For example, in Canada, the Toronto Sun, the Winnipeg Free Press (I think that's what it's called), the Vancouver Sun and le Journal de Montreal all had this offer. But obviously each newspaper serves a different area, so the logo of that particular newspaper and the stores where you can get the pin are on each.

I think the U.K. edition of the set has 26 pins while mine and the Aussie set have only 20.

TheHolo.Net Admin
    OG Forum Overlord

AKA
    Holly
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Lilaena Steam ID: jainhollie
    wow, that's incredible. Good job you!

Beautiful set!!! I love the booklet that goes with it. Nice set indeed.

There's no way I can hang this thing. It's just too fragile. So I made space on a shelf in my LEGO section. I had to fasten an extension in order to get it on there.
    I don't think I'm going to get that Death Star, but I may be getting a UCS Rebel Blockade off ebay for my birthday.

Zeke
    Man, that's not fair. I want all those 800 piece or bigger Lego sets, but I can't find them anywhere. Where'd you get your Star Destroyer?

I got it at Celebration 3. You can order it from www.lego.com. You can also score one off ebay. If I get that Blockade Runner that's where I'll have to go since it's been discountinued. I had a chance to pick one up at Target on clearance a couple of years ago but passed. I've regretted it ever since.

Zeke
    Yeah, I remember seeing them, too, but not thinking much of them. If I can manage the money I'll check out the Lego site.

QuiGonJ
    What a beautiful Star Destroyer... Congrats!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123