Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: In time (open duel)

SW-Fans.Net Poster

I know Kung Fu, and orifices

Has been a member for 5 years or longer

AKA
    Charley
    The muzzle blast of Adia's heater reflected a gleam in Dan's eyes. He was smiling.

Wrinkled hands went to work, quick as parched rattlesnakes. Each palmed an ornate wheel blaster, cycling power emitters with each shot. The old shootist's accuracy was simply uncanny. He fired from the hip, sniping Adia's slender blaster bolts out of thin air, causing both to burn scars into the red sand. The girl could squeeze off a torrent, but Dan was an old hand, and one with the Sith arts. He put them all down.

Fortunately for Adia, her volley kept Dan's shots occupied on things other than killing her. If she doubted for a second he couldn't give her a laser haircut with his eyes closed off a ricochet, those doubts were long gone now. This just wasn't natural.

SW-Fans.Net Poster

It's all fun and games till one of you gets my foot up your ass.

AKA
    Morg
    She pressed her body against the rock.

Frell! While Adia wasn't able to see her bolts being shot down, she knew that was what had happend. The sound of blaster bolts impacting other blaster bolts wasn't supposed to be a three-in-a row event. Right then the assassin would have given almost anything for her destroyed personal shield.

A quick assessment of her surroundings told Adia she didn't have a lot of options. She flicked the vibrosword on, and disected several half golf-ball sized rocks from the boulder. She stuck the sword in the ground, quickly scooped up a handful of the rocks, turned, and flung them at Dan. While the rock cruised twoard Dan, Adia attacked with her blaster.

SW-Fans.Net Poster

AKA
    Charley
    Dan was ready for the stones, leveling one of his pistols at the hip for an accurate volley. As the first two rocks shattered in blaster fire, Dan took his eye off the third, breaking to engage a new shot from Adia. The distraction caused a stone to graze him across the brow, spinning the gunslinger momentarily to the side.

Wisely, he stepped out of pebble range, dabbing at a small cut with his off-hand.

"That's a clever trick, but you're gonna run out of rocks before you kill me."

Dan kept his distance. If she couldn't close against him, she wouldn't have a prayer.

SW-Fans.Net Poster

AKA
    Morg
    Adia snarled. She lowered her body. Her feet scratched at the grit and sand for purchase. The boulder began to roll twoards Dan. The rock was slow at first, but it began to pick up some speed, with Adia growling behind it.

SW-Fans.Net Poster

AKA
    Charley
    Dan held his ground, returning the blasters to his holsters in a state of rest. Adia and the boulder continued to trundle his direction, until it was nearly on top of him. At the moment which he had to move, Dan did so. Taking a long side-step, he cleared the large stone's path to Adia's right, drew a shooting iron, and fired at her with his back turned to her.

SW-Fans.Net Poster

AKA
    Morg
    Dan was obviously playing with her. This was as much a test as it was a fight for her survival.

Watching his body, Adia positioned the vibrosword's blade between the blaster barrel and her body. The blaster bolt deflected harmlessly into the dirt.

At this distance, the fight was disolving into Adia's reflexes and speed against Dan's Force fed precognition. Nearly 25 kilos, Adia's ancient vibrosword was unweildly for most species weaker than a Wookie. She smacked Dan across the shoulders with the flat of her blade. The cold fish was in the dirt.

SW-Fans.Net Poster

AKA
    Charley
    Dan dropped to the ground heavily, and did not move.

SW-Fans.Net Poster

AKA
    Morg
    The vibrosword hummed in the air above Dan. If he were to shoot her dead, it was very likely he would be chopped in half. In Adia's other hand, a blaster pointed at his head.

"Are we done?"

SW-Fans.Net Poster

AKA
    Charley
    Silence was her answer.

SW-Fans.Net Poster

AKA
    Morg
    The redhead shifted slightly, and kicked Dan's blaster from his left hand. Ebony grips tumbled a few times before coming to rest on the ground.

Silence. The slight breeze had fled them.

"Goodbye Dan. Try to enjoy life as much as you enjoy death."

Adia took a step back and turned for the Lamba shuttle.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12