TheHolo.Net Admin
    OG Forum Overlord

AKA
    Holly
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Lilaena Steam ID: jainhollie

Weird Character Evaluation ~ Ask/Tell ~ Holly

Thought it might be fun to do this again, I think it's been quite a while.

Evaluate my characters! Tell me what you like about them! Ask me questions about them that I have to answer! Say nice things (lies are ok)!

Currently active characters:

Lilaena De'Ville
    Arya Ravenwing
    Serena Laran
    Bette Davis
    Daanarri Meorrrei
    Kia / Pride Mother
    James Prent
    Mesh'la
    Twopio
    Jane Starborn II
    Sirraaithi Meorrei

Other characters not involved at the moment:

All the other ones? It's a long list.
    Last edited by Lilaena De'Ville; Jun 5th, 2019 at 07:52:39 PM.

oh what a tangled web I weave

TheHolo.Net Poster

The namana berries taste like namana berries!

AKA
    Holly
    I guess not!

I am fully prepared to go all out on any of these anyone else puts up, however.

TheHolo.Net Moderator

DragonCon 09
    AKA
    Dani
    Well, how about I put some of mine up and I can contemplate yours?

TheHolo.Net Poster

The namana berries taste like namana berries!

AKA
    Holly
    Quote Originally Posted by Miranda Tarkin View Post
    Well, how about I put some of mine up and I can contemplate yours?
    Sounds good!!

and if you go, furious angels will bring you back to me

TheHolo.Net Moderator

DragonCon 09
    AKA
    Dani
    Well since coming back, I have enjoyed writing with Serena. I like how she is trying to balance the old and new ways, trying to understand what it means to be a Jedi in the present and what is good for the group. She comes across very well held together despite being overwhelmed like a good Jedi Master

Also I would LOVE to have Arya and Saricia interact. I've not done anything with her as far as I can recall? That would be something having s'Il, Saricia and Arya in the same room and give another reason to write with you!

I like seeing Serena as a teacher to Draiya and as a counterpoint to Zem on the council. She's got a lot of well-justified reservations in both of these tasks. I hope at some point to build her relationship with Draiya into a more two way interaction now that Draiya is growing as a student. I want to see their strengths but also their weaknesses when working together.

Bette is amazing. I love reading her backstory and seeing her punching through the glass ceiling of the fighter jock boys club to become her own brand. Looking forward to interacting with her more.

I feel like we're right on the cusp of giving Daanarri enough of a runway to take off on her own. She's got a lot of potential sources of conflict pulling her in different directions. Now its important to give her some conflict and some interactions with folks beyond just the family and court. Very curious to see where she goes in the next few beats.

I'm very interested to explore the dynamics in play with the Pride Mother - specifically the power calculus between her, Keerrourri, and Taataani. Who is the most powerful Cizerack in the galaxy? Who calls the shots in the Pride? Who wins the Game of Kitty Thrones? I feel like the answers to these questions deserve to be nuanced, difficult, and complicated. None of these characters can afford to be completely each others' friend or each others' enemy. I also want to see more of Kia's worldviews explored. What does she believe the Pride's place in the galaxy is? What does she think about the Alliance? What does she see as her endgame?

As for James, I really am not sure where she and Byl go from here. That's not a bad thing, because easy choices are boring. I'm definitely looking forward to finding out.

TheHolo.Net Admin
    OG Forum Overlord

AKA
    Holly
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Miranda Tarkin View Post
    Well since coming back, I have enjoyed writing with Serena. I like how she is trying to balance the old and new ways, trying to understand what it means to be a Jedi in the present and what is good for the group. She comes across very well held together despite being overwhelmed like a good Jedi Master
    Thank you! I've enjoyed Navaria as well. I feel like they're both tiptoeing around what they should say and what they will say so it would be fun at some point to get them both comfortable enough to say what they really mean to each other. Not that they have anything in particular to say to each other, but Serena needs a friend.

Quote Originally Posted by Marc Ardsul View Post
    Also I would LOVE to have Arya and Saricia interact. I've not done anything with her as far as I can recall? That would be something having s'Il, Saricia and Arya in the same room and give another reason to write with you!
    This would be really fun. They've never met, and I'm sure Arya doesn't even know Saricia exists. We must do it!

TheHolo.Net Admin

DragonCon 09
    AKA
    Christin
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: W4BSY Steam ID: ApexLupine
    I'm game for a reunion thread ^_^

TheHolo.Net Moderator

DragonCon 09
    AKA
    Dani
    Navaria and Serena being Jedi Master Council buddies is all kinds of awesome. There is a lot that can be done there!

Lupine antics ftw right?

TheHolo.Net Poster

Has been a member for 5 years or longer

AKA
    Geoffrey
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Karagane Steam ID: Davendude
    Lilaena is a character that always leaves me feeling like she's got a secret plan that she's hiding at all times. We haven't had all that much in-character development between her and Zereth. They have an understanding and a respect for the other, but I wouldn't ever say that they are very close. I can't get over the feeling that she is always second away from cutting your head off. She's an imposing figure that oozes menace whether she intends to or not.

I've really enjoyed the family of misfits that has been built around Arya. Her quest to understand her past so she can glimpse the future is a story that is relateable and easily understood to most. You've managed to keep her down to earth and realistic without getting wrapped up in some grand destiny or losing perspective. She stays grounded and focused on the path, and responds to obstacles in kind. She's a great character that anyone can relate too and is far more the quintessential everyman than I have seen elsewhere. Just, you know, an everyman who is a werewolf. Even as bigger things try to claw at her, she's so determined to stay the way she is. She's indominable.

I love to hate Twopio. A great bit character that I wish I had in my own arsenal of characters.

I don't feel that I fully understand the inner machinations of Bette (that would require me to read all those other threads of yours), but I'm excited to see how it all develops in real time.

TheHolo.Net Admin
    OG Forum Overlord

AKA
    Holly
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Charley View Post
    I like seeing Serena as a teacher to Draiya and as a counterpoint to Zem on the council. She's got a lot of well-justified reservations in both of these tasks. I hope at some point to build her relationship with Draiya into a more two way interaction now that Draiya is growing as a student. I want to see their strengths but also their weaknesses when working together.
    I’m sort of at a loss as to what to do with Serena. I don’t feel like she has anywhere to grow, or anything interesting to do. I know “being on the Jedi Council” is important and needs doing but I feel like it’s all NPCs on Ossus as everyone else has decided it’s more interesting not to be there. But then activity might just be ramping up, who knows! I’m eager to explore the new dynamic between Serena and Draiya.

Bette is amazing. I love reading her backstory and seeing her punching through the glass ceiling of the fighter jock boys club to become her own brand. Looking forward to interacting with her more.
    Thanks! I love writing her. I’m looking forward to dogfights, and of course Gala shenanigans.

I feel like we're right on the cusp of giving Daanarri enough of a runway to take off on her own. She's got a lot of potential sources of conflict pulling her in different directions. Now its important to give her some conflict and some interactions with folks beyond just the family and court. Very curious to see where she goes in the next few beats.
    Daani could spring off in any direction right now, you’re right. I’m eager to see what happens on Jovan

I'm very interested to explore the dynamics in play with the Pride Mother - specifically the power calculus between her, Keerrourri, and Taataani. Who is the most powerful Cizerack in the galaxy? Who calls the shots in the Pride? Who wins the Game of Kitty Thrones? I feel like the answers to these questions deserve to be nuanced, difficult, and complicated. None of these characters can afford to be completely each others' friend or each others' enemy. I also want to see more of Kia's worldviews explored. What does she believe the Pride's place in the galaxy is? What does she think about the Alliance? What does she see as her endgame?
    Wait, I thought Keer was loyal to the throne! What is happening!?

:P I’m excited/scared about this. I want Kia to come out on top but then she is young and inexperienced so who knows.

As for James, I really am not sure where she and Byl go from here. That's not a bad thing, because easy choices are boring. I'm definitely looking forward to finding out.
    I knew it, they were always doomed. :P If I can’t get her trained in the Force idk what to do with her tbh.

TheHolo.Net Poster

The Scorpion Queen

AKA
    Natacha
    I've mostly read recent threads for LD with Jeng and Nelaa, which have been entertaining to read, because of the different political aspects to it. I've come to enjoy Mando culture more since TCW and SW Rebels.

I've read snippets of Bette but not enough to exactly know what she is up to, but she seems like an interesting character!

The thread between Serena and Navaria has been a lovely read as well and I hope to see more interaction between them in the future. They should go be Jedi Master badasses somewhere. And while Satkia isn't staying on Ossus, she can always tag along to go beat some bad guys. >.>

SW-Fans.Net Poster

Its good to be Queenie

The thread between Serena and Navaria has been a lovely read as well and I hope to see more interaction between them in the future. They should go be Jedi Master badasses somewhere. And while Satkia isn't staying on Ossus, she can always tag along to go beat some bad guys. >.>
    This sounds fun. How to form a new friendship? Kick some ass.

TheHolo.Net Admin

DragonCon 09
    AKA
    Christin
    Gamer IDs

As far as Serena is concerned, I'm more than game to start mending the fences between her and s'Il if you're keen on it. I think it would be a great opportunity for the both of them, and I think we can roll that into a mission that requires both of them.

I love Serena so much, because she's such a cool customer on the surface, but there is a lot boiling just beneath, and it's not a bad sort of boiling, it's the sort that makes her so human, and makes me want to know more of her and get into the 'why' of her actions <3

TheHolo.Net Admin
    OG Forum Overlord

AKA
    Holly
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Loklorien s'Ilancy View Post
    As far as Serena is concerned, I'm more than game to start mending the fences between her and s'Il if you're keen on it. I think it would be a great opportunity for the both of them, and I think we can roll that into a mission that requires both of them.

I love Serena so much, because she's such a cool customer on the surface, but there is a lot boiling just beneath, and it's not a bad sort of boiling, it's the sort that makes her so human, and makes me want to know more of her and get into the 'why' of her actions <3
    Perhaps at a diplomatic summit on Jovan?

TheHolo.Net Admin

DragonCon 09
    AKA
    Christin
    Gamer IDs

That sounds like a good backdrop to me. I'd love to have it started with s'Il ferrying Serena and whoever else from Ossus to Jovan, since I've been writing her as the de facto go-between for the Jedi and the Alliance despite things that have happened (which I know I need to finish). Something of a sort of 'you've got a lot to make up for, so prove to us you're worthy still' situation. And s'Il is hellbent on proving herself again, to the Alliance and the Jedi both, so I think her and Serena having some quiet time before, during, and after is a very awesome story to tell.

SW-Fans.Net Poster

Its good to be Queenie

Navaria is an ambassador for the Jedi and Alliance too so she would have run ins with s'il now and then to make this come together