ji'm gonna mjissss jyou...

Phew. Survive another encounter with the Beautiful Beck with the Bountiful Badonkadonk. It'd been a magical couple of days starting with that dinner date and just going from there. But fuck, the whole the time I had a nagging thought in the back of my head. Beck was all big on saying out loud that we were a thing, which I thought was a given considering everything. After that I felt like the pressure to take it to the next step, to those those three little words, and I was terrified to do it. Yeah, I like her her. Like a lot, but I don't want to rush things and ruin it all. I didn't say it this time, and that seemed to be okay, but damn if I didn't want to. That girl does things to me I didn't know was possible. She has her fist shoved so deep into my mind guts that I don't know how to act.

My vacation was over and it was time to leave Jovan and hit the spaceways again. I had a fresh crop of non-guild bounties to look into with some stagnant leads that were going to require some significant investigation to turn up anything. That was gonna take time, and the sooner I hit vacuum the sooner it would be done, and the sooner I would have a chunk of credits in my hand to spend back at Jovan Station to spoil a certain thicc brunette.

I had been on my best behavior. Seriously! Dear Diary, you might not believe me, but I've been a fucking space scout. Sure, there was that encounter at the restaurant. I might have gotten a little big for my britches and flirted a little in front of Beck. Trust me, I've been playing that over in my head on repeat since then just waiting for Beck to break up with me. She didn't seem to mind and that whole encounter put me in quite the mood; which I took out on Beck the moment I woke up from my food coma. Still, that squat officer had been living rent free in my head a little and I would really like her to move the fuck out already.

So yeah, maybe I was headed down to the promenade and looking for a drink. I deserved one for my good behavior. Goddess knows my liver was feeling too good for itself and needed to be put back in it's place. Little bitch. There were plenty of watering holes on the main concourse. I was really tempted to hit up the Shatterstar. Hadn't been there since I met Beck. That place was hot, but that really wasn't what I was in the mood for, which was a fucking bananas thing for me to even think. What happened to you Ori? You're a totally different person now. Nah. I wanted something off the path. I didn't have Abaddon with me and I didn't want to go anywhere I'd been before where a sharp noodle might be able to put two and two together. Abaddon has pissed off way too many people for me to let his enemies know that underneath that terrifying armor was a fucked up skinny Cizerack girl with mommy issues.

Draver's Tavern. Sounded like the right kind of shithole. Not too rough that I'm going to get glassed without my armor, but the kind of place where people don't look at you too closely. This time of... night? there weren't too many people but the kind of career drunks you expected from places like this. My kind of people. I didn't want anyone here to know who the fuck Orianna or Abaddon are, and after tonight never think of us again. Besides, that's less to get back to Beck. I wouldn't want her to think I stuck around on station long enough to get a few drinks before leaving.

My eyes had barely adjusted to the dank gloom before I recognized a familiar shape sitting at the bar. Well shit. What were the chances of all the shitholes on Jovan that I would run into the Major here. Can't say I blame her. If I had to parade around in a dumb uniform all day I would want to drink my brains out every night and do it somewhere people might not recognize me as the Major. Part of me wanted to turn in go find somewhere else to go, but I'm a lazy fuck and at least this way I have someone I kind of know. Could be nice. Drinking alone was only so much fun.

"Vossh Jarranjizz. Ice." I said as I took the stool next to the quiet Major. Yep. Definitely her. There was no mistaking that stump of an ear and inability to reach the top shelf. The bar tender nodded and went to work. Good. Guy knew his stuff. This was the right kind of place. A place for degenerate people who order degenerate drinks.

"Got a ljight?" I already had a Vespaara Slim pulled out of it's pack and was slipping it between my lips as I asked, and how the hell else am I supposed to break the ice? It's not like I don't have my own light. I might be a cheap bitch smoking Vespaara Slims because that's all I can afford, but I'm not the type to forget her lighter. I might be dumb but I'm not stupid.