She let herself float over the top of the water in the bay, bringing all of the feelings she could from the fish and crabs and every other living creatures that called below-the-waters their home. She was in their world now, arms out, legs out, entire body relaxed as she felt her being become one with the waves. She was as the gentle tides, rolling over the top of everything below, including the metal skeleton of the Dauntless. She remembered when she had once called the cruiser her home. In fact, she could remember so many wonderful memories on that ship that now rested below the waters below.

Her first real kiss with Wyl. Sharing lunch with Uncle Samus. Telling silly stories to Uncle Marlon. Ice cream with her father. Watching the pilots as they poked fun at one another...

A flash of green and blue, and Teagan let herself focus on the little fish that was now darting away into a coral. It was a smallish fish, with a penchant for the mostly regular offerings that she brought it. As such, it had full cheeks and a small barrel trunk.

Reaching to the small pouch at the small of her back, the young Lupine pulled out a handful of kasha fruit slices. These she methodically wedged into the coral outcroppings, making sure to avoid the durasteel rods that poked out from the seabed.

A smile, followed by a thin stream of bubbles as she let out the slightest of exhales, and Teagan propelled herself once more to the surface.

She broke above the waves with a gasp, and blinking furiously, the young Lupine let her gaze track to the shoreline. There was a body on the beach waiting for her, and she hesitated for a moment. Steeling herself though, she began to let the waves take her towards the shore, only making an effort to 'swim' when necessary.

Not exactly sure who it was, she took her time in returning to dry land. After all, she wasn't late for anything; no class tardiness to account for. It was the weekend, after all. No study halls or anything like that. Of course, it was entirely possible that it was Zem, making sure that she wasn't doing whatever sort of dastardly endeavor that he seemed to sometimes think that she was up to. However, by that same token, the body on the shoreline very well could've been her mother's, and that thought made her pour more energy into leaving the waters.

Her feet found purchase in the sand below, and she stood up straighter, her oversized shirt sopping and draping over her scrawny form as she slogged further out of the surf.

One hand came up to scratch at the side of her head, and she still hadn't gotten a good look at her guest. Still though, it didn't stop her from making her normal excuses, just in case it was Zem or any of her teachers.

"I've got my home studies done, I promise."

It was the default start of so many of her explanations.

"I... I was just checking on the fishes in the Dauntless Reef, is all... "