"And like all social-political movements it is a splintered, uncoordinated mess of infighting factions with one eye on their ultimate goal, and the other on each other. Some more civil and driven, but also quite a few wild and unpredictable. Violent."

Ultimately, Sheegoth had no qualms with the Droid Liberation Front. They were simply individuals that saw Droids as enslaved and wished for better. He could agree with that. He did not employ Droids in almost any capacity between his many companies and operations. Automated manufacturing lines? Absolutely. Not even the DLF would complain of that. He preferred a sapient hand, and in this massive galaxy there was more than enough eager and willing persons to fuel his machines without the need for Droids. A near infinite resource, and cheaper than the alternative.

"One particularly violent chapter of the Droid Liberation Front is helmed by the iconoclast known only as Athena. She has cut quite the bloody path through the edges of the galaxy. However, my chagrin is not with her but rather one of her subordinates. One of her lieutenants has raided one of my ships and stolen my merchandise. This is a particularly uncouth and unpredictable batch of droids that the rest of the Droid Liberation Front has taken painstaking measures to distance themselves from. Are you familiar with the degenerative Artificial Intelligence condition some call Rampancy?"

It was fairly well known that droids develop a bit of a personality after being in operation for longer than advised by the manufacturer. Droids were typically wiped clean periodically to maintain their peak efficiency. However, when not wiped they built up extra code. They evolve, one might say. They develop personalities and become self-aware. However, that is only the first stage. At the end is Rampancy, when the droid has a paralyzing amount of extra something inside them that builds like a cancer until there is too much of it to root out. At that point you were best to throw the whole droid out. There was no saving it from there. No amount of factory resets that would bring it back down to standard.

And then there were droids that want rampant and just kept going. Forever.