OOC: Baska had this dream at some point between the two missions featured in this thread.

The night was quiet, too quiet really. Baska didn’t know what to think of it. She had felt tremors in the Force, indicating that the threat was tangible and getting closer; but it was still out of her reach. The predator in her hated that and was yearning for the hunt to get bloody. She was patient but she nevertheless wanted her prey out of the shadow.

Of course, Bismarck had tried to be gentlemanly regarding sleeping arrangements, but she had declined. She wasn’t planning to get any sleep this week; and it was alright. Meditation and stamina forged in the fires of trauma had ensured she could keep going with focused efficiency. And short power naps also made a difference.

Standing in the doorframe leading to the small balcony, she let her senses ricochet around her, picking on nothing of particular interest. The Admiral was sound asleep, which she took a sign of trust.

Forging an alliance with an imperial higher up had not been on her agenda; but fate had decided otherwise. She knew not where this would lead besides lucrative arrangements and having him witness moments of weakness and deep sorrow, she would have rather not shared with anybody else. She was grateful he hadn’t judged her on such things and rarely spoke of them.

A shift warred for her attention and she stilled. It was the first time this had happened since their arrival on Eriadu.

"You’re awake."

The Admiral walked up close to her and she pivoted to look at him, a quizzical brow raised.

"Your observation skills are unmatched, Lady Tankreyd."

Baska chuckled, crossing her arms, for she hadn’t expected such an impromptu conversation in the middle of the night. She had been keeping guard as she had sworn to do, despite his recriminations that she surely could get some sleep. She had stubbornly refused, snapping about her role as protector.

"This is why you hired me."

She had never been shy and had conquered her share of lovers in the past twenty years; but she had considered Bismarck as off-limits, despite her unabashed banter with him. It wasn’t like her to deny herself; but this alliance was one of a kind and she didn’t want to risk it for some dalliance. She didn’t think that he would make a big deal out of it; but for the first time in forever, she worried she would make it something it wasn’t meant to be.

And yet she stole unapologetic glances at his bare chest. The uniform suited him in ways that enthralled her rebellious nature beyond reason. Seeing him partially disrobed was equally pleasing to the eye. Less clothing would be even better, but his voice interrupted her indecent ruminations.

"You can be quite the enigma."

The gruffness of his tired tone stirred something deep within her besides his usual elegant accent. He was a talker, something she had learned early on. A few times she had wanted to shut him up and she bet that their verbal sparring had driven others mad.

"And still you requested my presence."

“You sought me a while ago as well."

He had a point; but it had been an emergency regarding her daughter.

"Once. You’ve asked for me more than that."

She recognized that look in his eyes, the appreciation for a good debate. Their thirst for knowledge and civilization – the latter sometimes something that shattered upon her entrance – had participated to their gravitating towards each other.

"You provide a rare array of talents."

And he didn’t even know half of them, she mused, chewing on her bottom lip but still holding his piercing gaze.

"One that might even get you in trouble among your ranks. My kind is not particularly welcome."

Few individuals were brave enough to challenge a Sith Master; but he knew how to take calculated risks, or he wouldn’t have risen among the ranks as he had.

"Quite understandably given your history."

She couldn’t really disagree with this. And truth be told, she didn’t hold individuals in higher regards because they could wield the Force.

"Keep your allies close, and your enemies closer?"

"I wouldn’t put it that way."

Of course, he wouldn’t. Neither would she. They had become unlikely allies by now.

"You should get some sleep, Admiral."