Thread: Worship You From The Shadows

Hybrid View

TheHolo.Net Poster
    Has been a member for 5 years or longer
    AKA
    Natacha

Closed Thread Worship You From The Shadows

The palace in Iziz had become a home to Heyrina. The young handmaiden had learned to love the Queen's seat of power on Onderon. The transition might have been too soon for her family when she had got the opportunity to be added to the sovereign's trusted servants but she had welcomed it. Most were not privy to the disturbing secrets of the young blonde's life and she knew that keeping it as such was the best way. She knew her aunt had whispered mean words against her mother and fights had erupted quickly for the younger Tankreyd knew who had taken leaps of faith to keep her alive. Even when memories were blurry, the feelings remained.

She had embraced all training she had benefited from on Albaryn before she was sent to Onderon, and then all that the more senior handmaidens had bestowed upon her. She was thirsty for knowledge, wanting to live the age she looked. While she was set to celebrate her twentieth birthday in a few weeks, her fragmented existence spanned only six. Her mind had been fragile two years ago when the transition had happened; but she had managed to hide the difficulties well. She still loved to have time to herself, to study in peace, and to rest her tired mind.

It had been during these times she had discovered her inclination for needle crafts. As a child she had loved disassembling and reassembling every device she could get her little hands on; and it had led her to have a great fondness for embroidery and crocheting. She had been spending hours keeping her thoughts in check by creating beautiful pieces, which had gifted to fellow handmaidens. She hadn't dare make one for the Queen, or rather she hadn't dared gift any of them, keeping the little tokens in a drawer in her quarters.

In the several months on Onderon, Heyrina had easily fallen in awe of the Queen, a feat easily achieved given Adraudia's beauty, personality and care for her people. Despite her weird life, she had been taught about certain topics befitting an adolescent from the Tainar system, and she had easily pinpointed her respect to possess accents of infatuation. She had flirted with a few individuals at court, knowing her position was likely the reason, but always her heart had gravitated back towards Adraudia. She had kept her thoughts carefully hidden, especially given the unusual political alliance between the Queen and King Starfallen from Albaryn. Teenage dreams couldn't get in the way; but Heyrina honored her Queen in every way she could.

This day was to see work done on setting up the royal baby's chambers, and she was excited about the opportunity, especially given the wrapped present she held under her arm as she made her way towards the suite where the heir would live. She might not dare gift the Queen any of her creations but she nevertheless hoped her token of appreciation for her child would be put to good use.

SW-Fans.Net Poster

Its good to be Queenie

Three months ago the Onderon court could finally be silenced with joyous news that Queen Basillie was with child. The clucking hens were silenced after months of snide remarks behind her back presuming she was barren.

Fuck them.

Not a polite thing to say in public, nor would she ever, but Adraudia meant every word. Her people's jubilation mattered most to her. When the royal announcement was posted outside the gates to the palace and broadcasted around the planet, there were celebrations in the street - true happiness that the queen was with child and the royal line would live on with her bloodline.

That girl would become the next direct descendant of Freedon Nadd - a fact that was now well known through the kingdom and allies. The court said nothing, merely groveled with forgiveness that she ignored. She emphasized that nothing had change and expected the same servitude as before this knowledge was freely known that she could wield the Force. What she did do was celebrate with her people that his lineage was strong inside her and this power was a gift to protect the people of Onderon. The people embrace this knowledge happily, thinking it was a sign solidifying what they've always known to be true - that Adraudia was the embodiment of their society and heritage.

Her people cared for the well being of Onderon and stood by her without child, a broken engagement, and the alliance built by trust and camaraderie with Albaryn. Why? Because Queen Basillie did what was best for them and would always do right by them - even accepting difficult decisions they may not agree with. She was their voice and never would that honor be sullied.

Just recently the royal physician was able to confirm that the queen was having a daughter. The love she had for her unborn child swelled deeper knowing that the heir to the throne was a girl. Varyan was thrilled with the news too. Everything was coming together perfectly, but Adraudia knew to be cautious. Her kingdom and her allies were strong but intrigue was everywhere. She couldn't afford to let her guard down.

Why she continued training Salem's elite soldiers and strengthen the alliances Onderon has forged through the decades. Which included a new handmaiden from Albrayn. Young Tankreyd was a curious addition to the royal handmaidens, but Varyan had vouched passionately for her credentials and family. Thus Heyrina was accepted by the Queen before the court almost a year ago and now waited outside the nursery door.

"Heyrina," Adraudia greeted with a warm smile. She wore a loose fitting dress that allowed room for her slightly bulging belly. "Thank you for helping me today."

The young woman was a fresh presence that the queen was delighted to be around. Jaynie was her oldest and dearest maid that she trusted with her life but out of all the other handmaidens, Heyrina was a scrumptious puzzle that was begging to be understood. She took to her duties with passion and grace, catching the queen's attention without meaning to.

Her eyes went to what Heyrina held. "What's this?"

TheHolo.Net Poster
    AKA
    Natacha
    Heyrina's face lit up the moment she sensed the Queen's presence, moments before she saw her. She smiled fondly, always relieved to feel the royal's well-being as the pregnancy progressed. Clad in a long sleeved beige and black dress, she gracefully curtsied to her liege. She was so relieved that her balance was now appropriate compared to the first few months in her grown up body back on Bellataine. It had been quite embarrassing back then, although nobody of importance had witnessed the clumsy teenager there.

"Your Majesty. It is my honor and pleasure."

She had grown well-acquainted with Jaynie who had been a well of knowledge and support. She understood that courts were places of schemes and dangers so she had been relieved to get along with the more experienced handmaidens. She had no wish to outshine anyone, just happy to serve the crown.

She blushed when the Queen easily spotted the wrapped package. She so hoped she would like it.

"I can show you once we're inside. It needs a little bit of room to unfold,"
    she added with a soft chuckle and mischief in her bright eyes.

Once they made it inside the nursery, she placed the package on an available table.

"I have been working on it for the heiress, and I hope it will be to your liking."

When she unwrapped it, the Queen would find a crocheted blanket to the colors of the Basille's coat of arms, as well as embroidered pillow cases in the same colors, with a few added flowers of the Estaran tree, native to Albaryn.

SW-Fans.Net Poster

Its good to be Queenie

Adraudia was quite curious to see what Heyrina made. Yes, made. She knew from Jaynie and the other handmaidens that the young woman had gifted hands, creating beautiful blankets, scarfs, tablecloths, hats, and countless other pieces. They were thoughtful and beautiful gifts and the queen was elated to see what Heyrina made for her baby.

With silent regard, she followed her handmaiden and stopped on Heyrina's right side by the table. Eyes welcomed her to present the gift and Adraudia couldn't help her eyes widening with appreciation to how much thought was put into making the blanket. The depiction of her family's crest was perfect. The maroon and gold embroidery was delicately caressed by the queen's fingers as if afraid it would unravel. The flowers she recognized from her talks with Varyan and thought it was the perfect subtle touch that blended the bloodlines of where her child came from.

"This is exquisite, Heyrina..." the queen said softly before looking at her. "I don't like it.. No... I love it."
    Last edited by Miranda Tarkin; Apr 18th, 2021 at 04:10:23 PM.

TheHolo.Net Poster
    AKA
    Natacha
    Heyrina didn't realize she had been holding her breath until the Queen spoke her appreciation for the gift. She exhaled at last and smiled warmly, silently cursing the color that rose to her cheeks.

"I am delighted you like... love it, Your Majesty. I wanted this to be ready for when the royal nursery work shall begin."

She chuckled as she kept her eyes upon Adraudia Basille.

"Lady Jaynie had to pull me away from the library a few times as I made countless sketches for the coat of arms, going through its history."

She gave a sheepish smile to the Queen.

"I might have been late to a lesson or two; but I am grateful Lady Jaynie is such a patient and formidable mentor."

SW-Fans.Net Poster

Its good to be Queenie

"No need to apologize," she said, hand hovering over the blanket with reverence. "Your gift is a blessing to the throne."

Then Adraudia looked up with a knowing smile, eyes wistful. "I've spent many a day and night in the library dodging lessons. So I completely understand being absorbed on a topic. Or ..."

Her hand waved over the blanket. "... a project. As does Jaynie. She tells me your lessons are going well. The ones you keep that is."

Adraudia was nothing but charming and graciously amused.

TheHolo.Net Poster
    AKA
    Natacha
    Heyrina couldn't stop smiling at the Queen's appreciation for her gift. She had spent hours on it, wanting to get it just right and she had gone back and forth, including asking her aunt for specific documents for the Albaryn flowers. There might have been a couple of first tries that had been discarded due to her perfectionism, but it was worth it as she watched the monarch's joy with the baby presents. She hoped the little heiress would love them too.

She couldn't help chuckling at the Queen's words about her own past with the library. At least she felt less alone in doing that! She was certain that lessons had been many for Adraudia Basille, especially with how accomplished she was.

"I kept most of them, I promise. I just can get slightly sidetracked at times. I think Lady Jaynie said I could be a very obstinate squirrel... I can be distracted but once I am, I will stay on that new topic."

She bowed her head. "I am still in awe of the royal gardens. I have no botanical talent but doing needle craft under a tree is always lovely."

SW-Fans.Net Poster

Its good to be Queenie

She couldn't help bringing a hand against her mouth to stifle a chuckle. "Oh dear. You're easily distracted, then?"

The Queen's eyes sparkled with mischief. Oh the trouble she wrought as a child. She purposefully got lost in the gardens to avoid despised lessons - like etiquette. She was well versed in it once a teen and less ornery, but as a child she could care less.

"The gardens are a beautiful refuge away from the palace." She looked pointedly towards her. "Did you make part of the quilt there?"

TheHolo.Net Poster
    AKA
    Natacha
    Heyrina blushed at the Queen's reaction, although she couldn't help smiling, grateful for the comfortable interaction despite all the protocol that kept life at the palace running smoothly.

"Guilty as charged, Your Majesty,"
    she replied in jest.

"Although I would love to see more of the Onderon squirrels! I have heard you have quite a variety here; but have only caught a couple of glimpses of them in the gardens."

Granted, she might have been engrossed in her needlework while the critters got curious about her.

Her eyes lit up at the Queen's question. She nodded enthusiastically and moved just a step closer to slowly gesture at parts of the blanket.

"I created the border and corner pieces by the northwest fountain by the old oaks. The center piece, I mostly worked on by the summer lilacs."

Smiling, she nodded towards the pillow cases.

"I didn't do much of these outdoors, but I did some of the embroideries by the large windows near the library. There is that nook that has just the perfect light in the early morning, all the way to lunch time."

SW-Fans.Net Poster

Its good to be Queenie

Heyrina was delightful with her innocent curiosity. To be fascinated about squirrels of all things! Her tone shifted to pride, but no less enthusiastic in detailing where the quilt was made.

"You've quite the memory. Being able to recall exactly where in the gardens you were." She couldn't help but look wistful as a smile slowly appeared. "I can picture the exact location you were as if I was there myself. Even the library."

It was curious.

"I know that very nook. A favorite of mine as well ..." Her words drifted off as she regarded the young handmaiden. This one was a puzzle.

TheHolo.Net Poster
    AKA
    Natacha
    Heyrina knew that the Queen was a Force-wielder and that she came from a powerful lineage. She had never outright mentioned her own gift, quite untapped anyway, although she had guessed that it didn't bother the monarch. For what she knew about the Force, it was likely Adraudia Basillie had sensed it. The young blonde didn't think there was much to sense in the first place.

Still, her remarkable memory had been with her since her childhood and her mother had believed it was a manifestation of her gift.

She smiled warmly to what the Queen said about her memory and that she could picture the locations she had described.

"It is such a lovely place."
    She could easily - maybe too easily - imagine the other woman in that nook.

She bowed her head. "I have always had a very strong visual and generally sensory memory. It proves handy when learning new places and faces."

SW-Fans.Net Poster

Its good to be Queenie

The queen paused and considered the young woman. "You know where your talent comes from, yes?"

Adraudia knew of Heyrina's potential the moment she set foot upon Onderon, the same with Alice when she arrived with Varyan. She debated what to do with this knowledge but was quite preoccupied with producing an heir and quieting concerns of the court when she came forward as Nadd's true heir.

"Well," she smirked, privately conceding with a wave of her hand, "part of it. Natural talent and the Force is quite the combination."

TheHolo.Net Poster
    AKA
    Natacha
    Heyrina had talked about her Force potential with her mother when she was younger and also after she had been stabilized as a teenager. She knew that the galaxy wasn't necessarily kind to what they were. Her mother had made it clear it would be her decision to do whatever she wanted with her options, but she had still explained a couple of things to her just in case.

The young blonde had felt the Queen's power, as well as her Commander's, and Di Scarra had made sure to have a talk with her as well, as part of her work to ensure Lady Adraudia's safety. Heyrina had no intention of making it known to others, and kept a low profile, but she knew there was no reason or no way to try to conceal it from the two women.

"I... Commander Di Scarra talked with me shortly after I arrived. Most of my family doesn't appear to have Force potential except for my mother and me."

She wasn't sure how much to divulge but felt compelled to say a little more to the Queen than she had to the Commander.

"We were separated for many years but I got to spend some time with her and the little I know about the Force was from her, and from some reading."

SW-Fans.Net Poster

Its good to be Queenie

"It's good you've talked with your mother. And Commander Di Scarra." She gently covered Heyrina's hand with her own. "I also appreciate your honesty with me. I know it's not easy when you're unsure what to do with your power."

She smiled, eyes focused on the young woman before her but taking on a distant look. "We live in a galaxy where the Force is revered and feared. And sometimes you can do both."

The Queen stopped looking through her handmaiden and locked gazes. "Have you recently spoken with your mother on what to do with your gifts?"

TheHolo.Net Poster
    AKA
    Natacha
    Heyrina felt like a nerf caught in a speeder's headlights when the Queen covered her hand with her own. She managed to keep her composure though, for which she was very grateful.

"You're welcome, your Majesty. It seemed only fair, especially as I am in your service and you are expecting."

She paused and watched the monarch, wondering how it was for someone who came from such a strong bloodline. She had a couple of questions on the tip of her tongue, but Lady Adraudia looked back at her and she felt her sharp gaze but didn't flinch.

"I did. She believes I should train them at some point besides the basics she shared with me; but she also wants me to make the final decision."

Pausing, she mulled over how to inquire about the Queen's path.

"Commander Di Scarra shared little about her own history; but I was wondering.... If I may ask, how did you decide what to do with your own power? I understand you come from an ancient bloodline, which isn't my case; but it seems difficult to figure out what to do with these gifts. I am a little torn between focusing on my duties as your handmaiden, especially with the upcoming heir, and investigating how to train as well. My main concern is for you at this point."