Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: A Tree of Life

SW-Fans.Net Poster

Tak fanG
    ...my daddy smells like wine

Has been a member for 5 years or longer
    For a moment, the girl looked off into the distance, wondering what sort of trouble Master Beltrak could've possibly gotten into.

"I have a younger brother... he's still a baby, though."

Of course, the notion that Master Beltrak had a sibling - and a twin at that! - was enough to bring her back.

"I heard my mom tell a story once, about how Master Skywalker had twins. She also told me that there's different kinds of twins. Some look like each other, and others don't. Did you and your sister look the same?"

TheHolo.Net Poster

The Scorpion Queen

AKA
    Natacha
    Satkia debated asking Teagan about her baby brother, but the expression in the teenager's eyes made her decide against it for the time being.

The redhead nodded at the mention of Master Skywalker's twins. She had heard about it once too, and she grinned at the question regarding her late sister. It was also ironic that her partner was also a twin. While Dorian and her had had different relationships with their siblings, and his was still alive, it was still something they could relate to, in their sometimes own messed up way.

"Sarya and I looked the same."

She pulled a small datapad from one of her pockets, and searched through some old pictures, and then showed Teagan a few of two identical redheads from ages 5 to 15. Of course, she could tell the difference, but many people couldn't.

"We joked that when we illegally got our first tattoos at fourteen, it was to help people tell us apart. It still got us into trouble, but it was worth it."

SW-Fans.Net Poster

Tak fanG

Tattoo? What was that??

There were still a few gaps in her grasp of Basic and what some words meant, and the young Lupine hesitated for a moment as she tried to suss out what that particular word - tattoo - meant.

A few moments passed, and she finally gave up trying to understand.

With a studious look etched on her features, she asked the next logical question.

"What's a tattoo?"

TheHolo.Net Poster

The Scorpion Queen

AKA
    Natacha
    Satkia quirked a brow at the girl's expression. She wondered what she had said that might have puzzled Teagan, but she simply waited to know what was up. While she was known to run her mouth like the freaking Kessel Run, her late master had nevertheless taught her some patience. The redhead swore she could hear a faint chuckle in the Force, and she knew it had to be her mentor's spirit.

"Oh," she responded when the teenager asked her what a tattoo was.

Without hesitation, the petite Jedi rolled up her sleeve and revealed an intricate design that started on her wrist all the way up her forearm.

"My very first tattoo was the central gem, and I had another artist expand on it years later."

SW-Fans.Net Poster

Tak fanG

A tattoo... so then, it was a form of art that was imprinted on the skin? She would have to carefully ask Zem about the practice, though not anytime soon.

Instead, the girl stared at the intricate design with a healthy amount of interest and awe. It was so detailed and beautiful!

"It's so pretty... " she finally managed to whisper out.

And with a suddenly questioning look, her eyes returned to Master Beltrak's.

"Did it hurt?"

TheHolo.Net Poster

The Scorpion Queen

AKA
    Natacha
    Satkia smiled fondly at Teagan's interest and appreciation. The redhead loved all the ink on her body and it had brought her a sense of comfort over the years, whether the designs had been a spur of the moment thing or a way to honor certain important people in her life.

The teenager's question about the pain was a common one. The petite Master shrugged. "Some others I have hurt a bit more due to the placement on my body, but not this one. The sensations of the needles can be unexpectedly calming. My late master used to tease me that if I was even half as good as sitting meditation as staying still while getting a new tattoo, it would have made her life easier."

She chuckled, remembering Natalia's immense patience with her, especially during her early years as a padawan.

SW-Fans.Net Poster

Tak fanG

Passing through the ornate arching doorway that would lead into the library, Teagan thought about what Master Beltrak had said. It was strange - she'd heard her own mother say somewhat the same sorts of things, about what it was like with her own master back on Coruscant and the Jedi Temple there.

Now out of the direct sunlight, the young Lupine's eyes took a bare second to adjust. It wasn't a drastic change, but it was always different going from natural light to the illumination provided be glowpanels. The brightness was certainly there, but it was just... different somehow. The foyer of the old library structure was always a lovely place, with murals of carvings carefully excavated and cleaned. The care to preservation had been the best, and Teagan always enjoyed spending a few minutes just staring at the old artistry. Tales in illustration, etched into stone and with enough detail to arrest any passer-by. It was like reading one of her mother's old family tomes, only there were no words; only pictures.

"I think," she finally mused, her eyes traveling over the carvings and their depictions, "... that if I got one, I would want it to be a story."

Stopping before her favorite part, the young Lupine sidled up to reach out and run her fingertips across the indented lines and old, chipped paint that'd been clear-coated to keep it from flaking off any further.

"I dunno what sort of story it would be, but I think it should be a story."

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12