Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345

Thread: Familiar Taste of Poison - Holding on to Smoke

TheHolo.Net Poster

Has been a member for 5 years or longer
    AKA
    Natacha
    Lorna's honesty and calling things as she saw them had got her into trouble since her youth; but it had also saved lives and avoided a bunch of miscommunication over the years. She was relieved that Grace knew she did care. She was used to caring for her patients as part of her career choice; but she normally didn't care for others like she did for the brunette, and it had been baffling her for the past months. This was why she would respect whatever her partner wanted regarding... Well, regarding them.

She was nevertheless shocked that her presence would have such an impact on Grace and the control she had over her Force sensitivity. She was no expert in such matters but she knew how much self-control the Director possessed.

Her expression turned even more surprised when Grace shared about Belargic and how all the shit she went through about him still didn't impact the tight hold she kept on her abilities. That was mind-boggling, really.

She took a moment to organize her thoughts on what her partner had just brought up.

"I take it that professionally my presence is not a problem, since we've been going on missions together and you've been a huge supporter of me requesting a transfer to Botthawui. So, the question is, is me being around off-duty, a potential issue?"

SW-Fans.Net Poster

Call me... Sassypants.

AKA
    TOP SECRET DANI
    "Well that's why we're here, right?" Grace reminded with a chuckle filled with insecurity before dissecting Lorna's question.

While looking deep into the doc's eyes she felt the surprise about Dasquian but that was of little consequence to her. What she was trying to reconcile was her own Force abilities. Would leaving things professional bring back Grace's control? She sure as hell wouldn't be going to the Jedi for advice on that, though ... perhaps Bryna would provide some tips and tricks. She trusted her daughter to keep such secrets.

She had no doubt when enough time passed, the two of them could adjust to the feelings they both had for one another and let it naturally shift to friendship. Though the thought made Grace scowl, which only heightened how aware she was of Lorna's feelings. Lorna respected Grace so much and desperately wanted to keeping their working relationship thriving by any means.

It was humbling to know someone felt that strongly about you. She didn't believe in coincidences. She trusted her instincts. She didn't need hokey Force powers to consume her but maybe, just maybe, if Grace didn't see the potential of this bond all the way through, her control would slip further. Though that is a weak reason to pursue a relationship. That wouldn't be fair to Lorna and get her hopes up.

"I'm sorry ..." Grace realized she hadn't said anything else for quite a long time and felt Lorna leaning towards resignation that nothing else would move forward between them. The apology didn't help and hyperdrove the doc's nervousness. "I ... don't mean to keep you waiting because this is... "

She gestured wildly and needed something in her hand, choosing a biscuit to shred with a thumb. Even flicking a crumb across the table at Lorna like she usually does when they eat out - which was fun at a fancy restaurant. "Well ... I don't know how to do anything with a relationship because I've never had one. Mainly by choice." She chuckled and despite the humor of the words it was spoken sadly. "And people are scared of me. But ... you got through most of my bullshit and still treated me as me."

She slowly smiled. "I kinda like that. And ... you. And if my abilities are being a bitch around you, maybe I need to listen to it for once and figure it out..."

Her eyes widened with vulnerability. "If this makes any sense say so so I can shut the fuck up from this rambling."

TheHolo.Net Poster

AKA
    Natacha
    Lorna nodded to Grace's immediate response. "Good point."

She quietly finished her food while watching her partner muse over the question she had just asked. While she was confident in their working relationship, she had no idea where their personal one would go, especially now she had expressed her romantic feelings. The mere concept of having feelings for someone like that was something she wasn't used to at all. While she had had her share of sexual partners, it was all about stress relief and benefits rather than any expectation of forming an actual bond.

Then Grace happened.

And no matter what would or wouldn't happen between them, she was grateful for knowing the other woman.

She understood that the brunette needed some time to say more but she still felt some nervousness fester, though it was mostly smothered by how resigned she was that things wouldn't go further. She'd honor her promise though. And she would still do her best to recover from this frelling surgery and get better so they could continue to work together.

She was sitting against the back of her chair, having polished her plate, when Grace spoke again. Despite her nerves, she couldn't help grinning at the sight of her partner shredding that biscuit and she was ready for that darn bread crumb. Without hesitation she caught it and flicked it back, not caring of what kind of restaurant they were at.

She wasn't sure what to make of the next sentences but she felt herself relax a bit anyway. It wasn't a flat no. While it didn't cement anything, it was still something, and if there was one thing Lorna knew to be true, it was that absolutes and certainties could change over time.

"Please don't toss a whole biscuit at me, but your rambling was quite endearing."

She took a sip of water and continued.

"I know it's not the same; but when I realized I was catching feelings for you, I didn't know what the hell to do with them. I care about people, otherwise I'd be a shitty doctor; but I never liked someone like that despite previous entanglements. So if we just want to see where things may go, I'm fine with that. And you can always tell me to just fuck off if I am too much."

Being too much was definitely something she had been accused of on many occasions.

SW-Fans.Net Poster

Call me... Sassypants.

AKA
    TOP SECRET DANI
    "And with that little comment, you're lucky I don't have a frying pan," she kidded.

Her ability to fit with culinary objects was quite legendary around Intel. But she went quiet after her little jest to focus on Lorna and her feelings. She knew the doc wasn't one to embrace relationships yet had no issues enjoying physical pleasures. And Grace just ... never did anything. This was a new adventure ... together.

"And don't you worry ..." She pulled off a decent chunk of biscuit and tossed it right at Lorna's face. "... I promise to tell you to fuck off if necessary."

Grace wasn't good with feelings so throwing food at the doc and being a playful ass was far easier.
    Last edited by Miranda Tarkin; Aug 7th, 2021 at 12:12:50 PM.

TheHolo.Net Poster

AKA
    Natacha
    Lorna burst in laughter at Grace's antics. "Yeah, I heard you have quite the way with culinary objects. I'm better with the medical ones."

Grace had probably found in her file about a few incidents when getting in trouble when one of the Twi'lek settlements she had worked in got attacked by pirates.

This time the large chunk of biscuit hit her in the chin and dropped into her lap. With a playful cackle, she picked it up and tossed it into her mouth.

"We got an agreement then, Grace," she added with a smile.

They'd figure things out as they went and she liked that. The surgery was still scary but she had big reasons to make it through as best as she could. She wasn't the kind of person to give up and she knew that if she did, her partner would probably kick her ass, and rightfully so.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345