TheHolo.Net Admin
    OG Forum Overlord

AKA
    Holly
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Lilaena Steam ID: jainhollie

TV Newer Shows you should WATCH

Bridgerton (Netflix, MA) -- an AU Regency romance to die for, with Polly Walker to boot. I'm in love with the costumes, the sets, the casting... it's all so sumptuous and lavish and over the top in the best ways, and the story is great too. Looking forward to season 2.

Camp Cretaceous (Netflix, kids) -- animated show set during and after the events of the first Jurassic World movie (I recommend refreshing yourself on the movie!) which is ridiculously rewatchable, especially if you ask Logan who keeps wanting it put on. And I don't mind watching it again...and again. Seven times through might be a bit much, or perhaps it has rewritten my brain? REGARDLESS this is a fun show with age appropriate scares (it's meant for like 10-year-olds not 2-year-olds but Logan is now a dinosaur and so I must allow him to watch or he'll eat me). The first season is better than the second but it's still pretty good and I'm very interested to see where it goes. It is produced by Colin Trevorrow who is making the movies and he is a stickler for continuity.

12 Monkeys ​(Syfy now on Netflix I think) -- Not extremely new but the 12 Monkeys series is great. So many twists and turns and time travel and paradoxes and evil conspiracies within conspiracies and yet they manage to stick the landing. Really good.

The Expanse (Amazon Prime, MA?) -- Just pop into the Discord and we'll yell at you for hours about how great this show is. One of the best if not THE best science fiction show around.

There are more but for now I have to find out how a green crayon got smushed and flattened onto the hardwoods in a bunch of stuck-on green circles.

oh what a tangled web I weave

TheHolo.Net Admin

Baroness Scorpion #2
    Lesbian Overlord of SWFans

DragonCon 09
    AKA
    Jenny
    Bridgerton is totally my shit. It could only be made better if it turned out in the next season people started using magic

I really need to get on board with The Expanse beause I've read a few of the books and really enjoyed them.

TheHolo.Net Admin

DragonCon 09
    AKA
    Christin
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: W4BSY Steam ID: ApexLupine
    Drifting Dragons (Netflix) - Anime

This one is a bit of a surprisingly enjoyable show. It's tags are 'fantasy' and 'food' as well as others I'm sure but can't recall atm. It's about a draking ship (think whaling) and crew who are trying to make a living hunting dragons. There are some pretty awesome food prep scenes that they have on how to prepare different dragon meat dishes. We haven't finished it yet, but it is still quite a nice break from heavier shows.

Kipo and the Age of Wonderbeasts (Netflix) - US? animation

Ok, this one is just pure FUN. I would consider it kid-safe, but it's also of the sort that adults can appreciate and enjoy. Each episode is just magical, and the characters are easy to get invested in. The music is super fun as well. It's three seasons, and there is great closure at the end of it. You actually get to see the characters grow and learn in ways that are fresh and make you want more.

TheHolo.Net Poster

The Scorpion Queen

Has been a member for 5 years or longer
    AKA
    Natacha
    I've been meaning to watch more than the pilot of The Expanse since its first season, but I've not got to it yet (I have dozens of TV shows to catch up with.... one day).

I'd recommend these two though:

Lucifer: I loved the first and second seasons, I'd say the third one dragged on. Since Netflix purchased it, seasons 4 and first of 5 were awesome. It's among my all-time fav 10 shows I think.

Call My Agent: French TV show on Netflix (available at least with English subtitles if I recall well). It follows a big talent agency in Paris. They always have a famous actor guest but really follow the life of the agency crew. I freaking adore the first 3 seasons and it gives me my French dose when I need it. I haven't watched the 4th season yet but all I read about it has made me want to avoid it (basically characters I hated and thought we got rid of seem to take center stage boo).

TheHolo.Net Admin
    OG Forum Overlord

AKA
    Holly
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Titans and Doom Patrol on HBO Max are good, I quite like them. I haven't finished the available episodes of Doom Patrol yet.

TheHolo.Net Admin
    OG Forum Overlord

AKA
    Holly
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Jupiter’s Legacy was soooo goood but the problem with Netflix’s “drop the whole season at once” thing is that now it’s over and I want more 😭

TheHolo.Net Poster
    Has been a member for 5 years or longer

Guardians of Justice. Insane show on Netflix by Adi Shankar. It isn't the best plot or best acting, but the mixed media format is very unique and fun to watch.
    [[XXXXXX]]==================================>

Retired writer for Hwoarang, Ice Fox, Pal Vader, Jehovah

TheHolo.Net Admin

DragonCon 09
    AKA
    Christin
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: W4BSY Steam ID: ApexLupine
    Alta Mar (High Seas) on Netflix is a lot of fun. It's a Spanish limited series that ran for 3 seasons. Set in the late 1940's, it follows two sisters as they journey across the ocean from Europe to South America. If you're a lover of all things Art Deco, you don't want to ignore this series.

I watched the dubbed version since I was usually working in the kitchen at the time, but there is an option for subtitles as well.