Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Discomfort Zone

Oh man. It was like blowing a hole in a sea wall. The water just came flooding in but instead of angry squid people it was information and datapoints that I had no idea what to do with. The way she spoke about it, the excitement and passion in her voice, well I couldn't help but pay attention. She might as well have been speaking in a language I didn't understand, which was most of them if I'm being honest. I still tried to navigate the waters and pick out important terms to remember for later, but mostly I was focused on her face. How she beamed and radiated.

"What do thejy do when thejy fjind the ghosstss? Do thejy sshoot them?"

I knew that was the wrong answer but fuck if I could think of anything else to do. Seriously, if a ghost showed up in my home I'd shoot the shit out of it. I would use every blaster and explosive I had until either that thing was dead or I was. I'm not afraid of no ghosts, but I don't want to live with one neither. I took up a cross-legged position on the couch so I could balance the trays of food on my legs without fear of spilling it everywhere. Her apartment was pretty clean, by my standards anyways. I didn't want to make a mess or soil anything. The blanket was deposited over the arm of the coach; out of spilling range I would think but knowing me I would somehow manage to splash it still.

"Do the ghosstss fjight back? Ssoundss dangerrouss, and kjind of rrad."

I was going to have to check with the next bounty board to see if there were any jobs involving ghost hunting, and how well they paid. Could be a refreshing change of pace, and it'd be a good story for Beck. It would give me an excuse to come back if I had a cool ghost story to tell, right?

"You can't shoot ghosts, silly."

Settling herself comfortably, Tamera couldn't help but flash a goofy grin to Ori. The other woman was beyond adorable and sweet, and she was absolutely beyond happy to be spending the evening with her. Would it be the rest of the night?

Leaning forward, she plucked a bit of a roll from the plastic platter perched on one of Ori's legs. Popping it into her mouth, she chewed with particular gusto.

"Mmmf, so good," she managed to get out before swallowing at least half of it.

"A bunch of ghosts like to make life annoying," she got out after a second swallow.

"Usually it's slamming cabinet doors and sliding chairs around."

Taking up the holo remote on the side-table, she switched on the holo. It flashed for a moment before softening into a sort of easy white light and then darkened into the menu for HoloFlix.

"It's a fun show," she grinned, scootching just a little bit closer without making it seem like she was consciously moving closer.

Another grab for some food made her move seem more fluid and practical, and Tamera selected the program, hitting play.

I was pretty distracted by the food, the menus on the holonet, and the discussion on whether or not ghosts could be shot, but I wasn't THAT distracted. I noticed her scooching closer. The kid schemer played it off like nothing happened. That cute little punk! I'm going to get her back for that! We can keep playing this game the entire night if we have to.

In the back of my head I knew that, and would never admit, I kind of wanted her to just go for it. Just dive straight in. Whatever that was. I don't know. She didn't look the type, with her cute mousy little face. Total prey, and I'm the hunter that is going to snatch that up.

Popping a piece of roll into my own mouth I put my plan into work. Not really a plan. I wouldn't even call it a scheme. More a trick, I guess? The oldest one in the book. It's called using my other hand to reach around her back and grab her waist and pull her closer. An act made much easier by how far forward she was leaning in her seat as she navigated the menus on the holonet. My fingers found purchase right in the thicc of her waist and pulled her closer until we were properly smooshed together. I left my hand behind. No big deal, right? Wrong. It was there to keep her from getting away. She was trapped now, stuck with me and this delicious food and ghosts.

I looked sideways at her and gave her my most knowing smirk I could muster before sticking more roll in my mouth before turning my eyes back to the starting show. The team was introduced with names and titles, and one stood out to me...

"A medjium what? A medjium human? Ass oppossed to a larrge one?"

The arm around her middle was welcomed with a further scooch closer, so that the two were practically a single entity, occupying the sofa with a bevy of delicious food to accompany. Burrowing her way into Ori's half-reclined side, Tamera adjusted her glasses in a quick movement.

"A medium is like," she plucked another slice from the roll, but waited before popping it into her mouth, "... like a spirit talker. They can speak to the dead and are like a middle man between spirits and the living."

Happily, she shoved the entire slice into her mouth, relishing the crispy crunch of the crackly maturi breading, and the savory flavor of khasva, the salty roe, and the oceany notes from the sea kelp.

Swallowing, she let out a long exhale.

"Sooooo gooood.... "

Two of the show presenters were going on about how they had felt some sort of dark energy over Endor as they orbited the forest moon, but only half of her attention was on the program. The other half was fully invested in making sure that Ori fully appreciated the delights of their dinner.

Two fingers dipped into the dish that held the exosquidra, plucking up a spongy piece before dredging it through the cream dressing and carefully holding it up, sending it on a trajectory to Ori's mouth.

"Try this," she grinned, intent on making sure the morsel made it into her companion's mouth.

It was a like a flavor explosion in my mouth. If this was one of those Gunjin animations I would have stars hearts or some shit coming out of my eyes and shooting violently across the room. Total food boner.

"Oh damn. jI've been ljivjing on Veg-Meat rratjionss forr monthsss. Thjis jis ljike a parrtjy jin mjy mouth!"

Goddess, she was so nice and caring and beautiful. I didn't know how long I was going to be able to keep up this nice guy routine with how she was making me feel. Total lady boner.

Still, I was doing my best to watch the program and be invested in something she liked so much. The crew was going to Endor to investigate a feeling. It felt very irrational, but I was also having a hard time looking away. I wanted to see what happened next.

"JI've been to the moon of Endorr. Everrjyone thjinkss jit'ss all bjig trreess and teddjy bearrss, but jit'ss mosstly bjig monssterrss and blood ssuckjing bugss. Not a good tjime. Thejy get jyou ljike... thjiss!"

Twisting my head quickly I nipped at the side of her neck with my teeth and let out a little rawr before pulling back with a giggle.

Had she ever imagined this scenario when first meeting the masked figure of Abaddon? They'd ended up going to a noodle joint out of hungry expediency after a long-ish trip, and were ambushed by Reg. What had followed was the sort of namana-pants crazytown series of events that on the surface weren't exciting, probably, but under the surface it was just... nothing like what she'd thought would ever happen.

And now here they were. Ori and Tamera, watching Ghost Force, eating awesome delivery food, and halfway to a full couch-snuggle session.

When Ori leaned in to give her neck a playful nibble, there was a brief moment of surprise that was instantly followed by a silly - if not somewhat stupid - grin. She was still halfway paying attention to the program on the holo, but instinct drove her to grasp the other woman's wrist in a soft grip that pulled her back, and damning all the proton torpedoes in her mental arsenal, brought Ori in close once more, pressing their lips together.

I'd once stood too close to a seismic charge going off, and even with my helmet trying to filter the noise the shit blew my ears right the fuck out. The ringing silence was wild. It almost drove me insane. One of the most expensive operations I've ever had to pay for, and I've paid for a lot.

I wasn't expecting her to grab my hand like that. People usually only grab on to me when they want to fight, and at first I resisted and pulled back against her grip. I was unsure what she was trying to do. Was this a trap, or some kind of attack? And then her lips landed, and my mind went back to that ringing silence. Difference was, I didn't feel alone in it this time.

Struggling I tried to get my hand free but she held on tight. Damn, she was a lot stronger than she looked. I wanted to get my hand on her so badly, to push my fingers through her hair, and stroke her cheek, and feel her body, and so much more, and my other Goddess be damned Hand was busy balancing foot on my lap. With no leverage in the situation I pushed up instead, smashing my face into hers. Soft lips. The brush of her nose. The hard impact of her glasses. I finally pulled back, but only just barely. I could still feel her lips on mine.

"Now now, poppjit. jI thought we werre wajitjing forr afterr djinnerr... Goddessss, jyou'rre so hot."

She'd never had anyone refer to her as 'hot' before. A hot mess maybe, but never just... hot.

Tamera couldn't help the smile that formed from her previous grin, and she finally pulled further away. Not too much, though. One hand snaked down to pluck a morsel from the disposable food tray that Ori was balancing on her leg.

"Just wanted a taste," still she couldn't manage to wipe away the dumb grin, and lifting up the small, bite-sized piece of fish, she took half a bite, then held the other half up to Ori's own lips.

"Tasted good," was her cryptic finish.

Who was this woman? One minute she's prey, shy and quiet. So unsure of herself. And the next minute she's trying to flip the table on me. She got me second guessing every second, and I'm loving it. That switch energy is mad hot.

Before I could even say anything back she stuck a piece of fish in my face. Coolcoolcool. I'll play her game, but I'm going to bend the rules. Opening my mouth, I moved forward and overshot the fish so that I could suck the little morsel right off her delicate little fingers; holding her fingertips between my lips for a second before letting them go.

"Therre'ss plentjy morre to tasste." I shot back, matching her own cryptic statement with my own. This game was fun, but I wasn't sure how long I could keep it up.

Dialogue from the show pulled my attention, a group of people standing in an empty room talking into the air;

"Do thejy rrealljy expect a ghosst to talk back? Thejy sshould assk jit morre jinterresstjing quesstjionss jif thejy want an ansswerr."

One of the show's hosts, a barrel-chested Rodian, was holding some sort of sensor gadget up, while his partner - a rail-thin human with slicked-back dark hair - was talking to the empty air around them.

"Do you have a name?"

Silence.

"Did you used to live here?"

Silence.

There were a few other questions asked, but Tamera didn't pay them much mind as she smirked, letting her attention wander back to Ori.

"Oh, they're just asking the normal stuff they're supposed to ask in a haunted house. It's all just to get the spirit or Force ghost talking."

Plucking a bit of fish up from the platter that Ori still had balanced on her leg, she popped the delightful morsel into her own mouth and chewed with gusto. It was wonderful, as far as delivery went, and frankly even a fair shade more upscale that the sort of delivery foods she normally ordered. After all, tuber tots and a pepper and cheese nerfburger wouldn't do for guests; especially since that guest was Ori. No way - they needed the upscale delivery.

Swallowing, she gave a sideways glance to her couchmate, then.

"What sort of questions would you ask, then?"

"jI mean, arren't thejy onljy ghosstss 'cuzz thejy've got unfjinjisshed bussjiness or whatevss?"

I saw her sneak a bit off my platter and moved my hands to playfully defend the container from further invasions, giving her what I hoped was a sly side-eye and a grin.

"Sso jI'd assk them how thejy djied, or ljike jif thejy know anjy jujicjy ssecrretss. jI'm ssurre thejy got cool sstorrjiess of epjic fjightss and hot lajyss. Get 'em to tell jyou wherre thejy hjid thejirr ancesstrral ssujit of Mandalorrjian arrmorr. Rreal quesstjionss."

Damn, that would make for such a cooler show. Ghost tell 'em where the secret door behind the water vaporator that reveals a pristine suit of armor and a trove of weapons. That's the kind of ghost I want to find. Ancient and wise. Maybe teach me a mystic art or sneaky trick.

I could feel my fingers moving on their own as I grabbed more food and fed it to my mouth. I didn't want to look away in case the ghost appeared or talked or whatever. Something had to happen eventually and I wasn't gonna be the asshole that missed it.

"Doess the ghosst everr kjill the hunterrss? jI've hearrd sstorrjiess about evjil ssjith sspjirrjitss that'll ssuck out jyourr ssoul."

"Well- "

She was interrupted by an excited bit of chatter from the holo, and one of the hosts gushing over one of the beeping and clicks from whatever ghost-detecting gadget that had been put out.

"You see that?! See that green light?!! Look at it! It's a spirit!!!"

Another series of beeps and clicks, and the other host gave a second bit of excited narration.

"It's like a whole gathering! I bet we've got a council of sorts of ghosts!"

With an unthinking bite of another slice of her fish roll, Tamera chewed slowly as she listened, fully engrossed in the excitement of the show's hosts. She felt comfortable, completely satisfied, and happy to be spending this evening with Ori.

"I bet they pull out the holostation body-mapping app and try to see if they can pick up ghost bodies," she whispered after swallowing. In the same moment, she shifted herself on the sofa, sliding her legs back and tilting her upper body down so that she could share the couch with Ori as the little spoon.

I couldn't tear my eyes away from the goddess damned spectacle on the screen, I mean come on, somebody was going to get possessed or exploded any moment now. I was aware that Beck was moving behind me but it wasn't until she stopped that I realized she's positioned herself for me to sit against her. I found out by kind of falling into her. Fuck. I don't know what to do in this position. I could feel my ears flattening and my face warming. I felt like a little kid again with one of my dads holding me. It was NOT how I usually felt in these scenarios. Usually I'm on top, or dominant, or whatever you want to fucking call it. It felt a little demeaning but also like, it felt good. It was comfortable and something in me liked it.

I guess I just never knew I wanted this.

Scooching back I nestled myself better into her. I wanted to feel her close to me. I needed it. I liked big blasters, fast starships, and shiny armor, but that was a like. This was a need. I carefully moved my plate of food from resting on one leg to the other so I wouldn't knock it over; because that would be a real fucking damper on this moment. Reaching up I grabbed the side of her face and smooshed into into mine so I could give her a kiss on the cheek, and then blew a big raspberry right into the soft flesh.

Giggling to myself, I turned my head and settled back into my food tray and the show.

"Would jyou ljike to do that; huntjing ghosstss?"

It was a question that she'd considered too many times to count. The first time had been when she was still on Nar Shadaa, and would catch the grainy holos of another spirit hunting program called Force Files... or was it Force Spirit Hunters? She couldn't remember for the life of her, just that it was a group of students who jetted around to different planets to search for spirits and ghosts. Either way.

"I'd probably wet my pants," she truthfully admitted while giving Ori a little squeeze and settling herself more comfortably - or would one call it burrowing? She'd added her own touch to the provided furniture in the rooms the Alliance had provided, and Tamera was no slouch when it came to making sure her couch game was on point. There were two throw blankets draped over the back, and one of them was summarily pulled down over the both of them.

She was at least careful not to disturb the tray of food that Ori still guarded.

"There's probably plenty of ghosts here on Jovan, though. Down in the lower levels."

She'd heard a few of the crews talk about strange noises coming from the station's deep innards. They never seemed to want to talk much about it, and always changed the subject to something else. Didn't keep her from wondering, though!

"Who knows though," a hand snuck out then, to pluck a morsel of fish from the tray. She would it back up and to her mouth, popping it in with a satisfied 'hawmmmm' as she chewed.

Swallowing, Tamera licked her lips as she let her eyes travel to the holo for a few moments, watching as the hosts excitedly bantered back and forth. Of course, their chatter became background noise as she angled her head so that their cheeks were once more resting against each other.

"What about you? You hunt bounties... you ever hunted a ghost?"

Her contact made my good ear flutter between our heads. Little shit needed to mind it's own business and stop trying to cockblock me by being a spaz. If it didn't behave I was going to make some more bad decisions that would get it blasted off too! Ears. Tails. They just get in the way.

"Can't ssay jI've everr sseen a bountjy possted forr a ghosst. jI thjink people would usse ssomethjing morre local than botherrjing the Gujild. But jI'm not jin the Gujild sso majybe thejy get all of the jujiccy ghosst contrractss fjirrsst."

Stupid fucking Guild and their stupid asshole superiority. They will never let me in because what, I'm poor? I can't buy my way in and no one will sponsor me. I kind of hoped that maybe I could convince Fook to sponsor me but I don't think he wants anything to do with me. Sure feels that way with how hard he's made finding him to be. Little shit.

"Not ssurre mjy blassterrss would do anjythjing to a ghosst, but jI'd love to trrjy. jIf jit doessn't worrk then jI get a bjiggerr blassterr; and jI love bujyjing new blassterrss."

It'd been a while since I had bought a newer and bigger blaster. The Hadron Destroyer was keeping me company just fine but damn if there wasn't something special about getting your hands on a shiny new weapon. Feeling it up, striping it down, lubricating the rails, cleaning the barrel, and then taking it out for a test. It was damn near sexual and one of the few highpoints in my life. Speaking of which...

I moved the tray to my other hand, pulled the blanket tighter over my shoulder, and let my hand fall down on to Beck's thigh. There was no way in the 'verse I was not giving it a little squeeze. She was wonderfully soft and squishy. Just the way I like 'em.

"Majybe we could go ghosst huntjing ssometjime..."

The squeeze made her grin, and in reciprocation, she snuggled in just a tad closer.

Still though, she couldn't help but yawn. She did her best to cover it up though, with another bite of food. Chewing, Tamera thought about the proposition, and she had to admit that it was... well, it was a great idea.

"We could go to the lower levels, you know. Some of the older maintenance crews say that there's things down there, and they hate going deep down into those levels."

Snagging another bit of roll, she paused to stare off past the holo.

"They say it's not mynocks or anything like a critter. They swear it's legit haunted down there."

"jI've been underrneath Besspjin and Corrussccant. jIt'ss not... pleassant."

I don't know what it is with marks running into some of the darkest, dankest, most inhospitable places to hide from Bounty Hunters. They seem to forget that they are just dudes and I'm a fucking badass in full body armor. Guess who's going to survive longer environments full of molten grease, toxic fumes, and irradiated wildlife. Yeah. Me. Duh. I've had more than a few marks turn up dead down in those gutter holes, and the rest have either gotten themselves super sick or are so entrenched I have to blow them out. There's no way I didn't melt something important under Bespin but thank the Goddess I never found out. I ain't going back there for awhile if I can help it. That's for sure. Coruscant is a different fucking beast. Bespin ends eventually. Coruscant might as well be infinite. You just keep going down and every level gets worse. It's like descending into hell.

Jovan is probably a helluva lot newer and better kept than those shitholes. It's probably got straight corridors and catwalks with actual handrails. Can't be as bad as the others. Right?

"Ji'd be game. jI mean, sso long ass jyourr cute face jiss comjing along."

Oh goddess, I can feel my ear burning again!

Nuzzling into the crook of Ori's neck, Tamera grinned as she gave a sleepy nibble. She was starting to lose the battle with her ability to stay awake, but she would at least put forward the best of fights.

"I've got some time off coming up in about a week," she mused, "... if you want to stick around for a bit, we could plan our own ghost hunt."

She liked the feeling of Ori, nestled beside her. It felt... right. It felt so peaceful and calm, and this wonderful - if not unexpected - evening spent with the Cizerack woman was just... well, it was really perfect, wasn't it?

"I mean, if you can. It would be really nice, and I think it would be fun."

I didn't have my calendar right in front of me but I don't remember having any major contracts set up at the moment. Rath had been quiet for awhile, but that was nothing new. That shit lizard only called when he needed something, and the things he needed were never good. Paid well. Hell, my entire career was pretty much being floated by Rath's jobs and whatever amount of credits I've managed to steal from mother. Both of them were huge assholes and a pain in my own ass, but I had to put up with them to get by. Once I got into the Bounty Hunters Guild I was going to give them all the finger and never see them again

Why was I thinking about that again? Oh yeah!

"jI'm ssurre jI could sstjick arround forr awhjile. jYou know, jif jyou don't get ssjick of me."

Yeah. It's only a matter of time before she figures out what a massive piece of shit you are. There's no way a sweet babe like Beck just falls for someone like me. Fuck. A week? That might be too much time spent together. I'll have to find some local jobs to get me out of the house before I drive her crazy. Gotta try it. That ghost hunt sounds like a lot of fun.

I nestled back against her, and she offered less resistance before. Her grip on me was loosening. Turning my head just a bit I looked back out of the corner of my eye and saw the sleepy look in her eyes. I can't say I was feeling the same way, but my internal chrono was definitely not on the same cycle as Jovan. Hell, I'm not even sure if there such a thing as a cycle when you're on a space station with no sun in the sky. I haven't been on any single planet for a long enough time to adapt. There's no sense of time when you spend all of your time in a friggin spaceship.

"Hejy therre ssleepjy head. Do jyou need to ljie down?"

"I'm mostly lying down," she halfway slurred, relishing the feel of Ori against her on the sofa. It was so lovely, with the program on the holo, amazing delivery still on the table, and a warm body that she like to be nestled against ... well... nestled against her.

She wasn't too proud to admit though, that she was falling into the loving arms of Captain Slumber.

"Just stay here with me," she mumbled, "You're comfy and soft and... " her eyes were drooping, "... I like you."

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast