Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: BEN MERASSKA AND THE QUEST FOR THE... THING

She accepted Shuvin's help, her once lovely day now thoroughly ruined. The cup holding her Old Rebellion was empty, and with a deepset scowl the blonde considered the options put forth.

Finally a sigh.

"Let's go find Ben."

Reaching out, she tossed the now-empty cup into one of the many waste-bins that dotted the beach. With her free hand she instinctively gave her Togruta companion a quick side-hug.

"Thanks for the assist."

TheHolo.Net Poster

Has been a member for 5 years or longer
    AKA
    Vince
    "Couldn't lit thim talk leke that to you. You've bin through inough thanks to that Alliance girl, Lokko Sipliky whativer her name es." Shuvin dusted herself off and grabbed their bags, returning Cerie's side hug with a smile. The adrenaline seemed to be wearing off, and her Syragori accent, which she usually worked pretty hard to hide, was on full display. "Right. So, whire'd Bin say he was goen? Some bar, right? Fuddly-sometheng-or-othir."

She glanced around, but their section of the beach was once more mostly deserted. She shrugged and glanced over at the blonde.

"I thenk he wint over thes way," she said. "Hasn't been that long. Shouldn't be too far away."

TheHolo.Net Poster

flying a starship is no different than riding a bicycle, just a lot harder to put smashball cards in the spokes!

AKA
    Vince
    Take me out to the black, Tell them I ain't comin' back, You can't take the sky from me.
    Ben stared at her for a long moment, his last glass of engine cleaner in his hand but otherwise untouched. He looked pale and a little sick, to be honest.

And then he laughed. A short, wry, almost maniacal laugh, but it was a laugh.

"That was good," he said, looking around. "You almost had me there."

Lana looked like she was about to speak, but Ben's smile disappeared and he gave her a flat look.

"It was a good joke," he said again, standing. "Still not going to take you though. We're finally doing okay, and I'm not doing anything to jeopardize what little good luck we've managed to hit here."

At that moment, the door to the Firaxan opened, and Cerie and Shuvin staggered through.

"Ben! Uh, hope you don't mind lady, but there's been a bit of an issue and we may need to leave the planet in... oh, as soon as possible," the Togruta said, a bruise forming nicely around her eye and a scrapes about her arms.

Ben didn't have a chance to say anything else before Shuvin snapped her fingers and smiled ruefully.

"And all our money got stolen. So, if there's a job, we should probably take it."

Ben looked at them, back to Lana, and then cast his eyes to the shot of engine cleaner he'd not yet finished, and downed it.

AKA
    The Acquisitor
    Gamer IDs

Steam ID: Wake
    Honesty was a difficult path, one that heavily relied upon the victim of a possible lie to have faith. Ben's brief laughter caused Lana's smile to weaken slightly, yet it did not fade. She was calm, unnaturally so, to accept defeat in the face of distrust. His following explanation made her feel somewhat better, knowing the reason was not solely suspicion of her, but a comfort regarding their finances. With a nod of understanding to his words, she calmly looked over to the sudden sound of a door slamming open-- believing it to be unrelated until... they approached Ben.

"Are you in danger?" the tranquil voice asked the Togruta. Seemingly not an opportunist to literally leech off the desperation of others, she instead opted to help the trio. Common thugs were of little threat to her, after all. Her entire body spun around, vivid blue eyes resting on the duo that entered. Red wine before her remaining half-filled with possibility of abandonment.

Behind the bar, the mon calamari was now watching this play out like a theatre performance- both joyful for the events and wary for the possibility of a battle in his establishment.

"We good," she only managed to grumble beneath her breath as she cast a look over her shoulder.

A moment later she switched her eyes back to Ben. sidling up between him and the strange woman so that she could lean on the bar.

"Guess who's been here," was the groused continuation. The Mon Cal 'tender eyed her suspiciously, as he gave his bar towel a little snap while letting his hands rest along the bartop, leaning in close to Cerie.

"I think I know you."

The tone of his voice wasn't exactly jovial, and the blonde rocked back to look at Ben in pointed fashion.

"See?!"

TheHolo.Net Poster

flying a starship is no different than riding a bicycle, just a lot harder to put smashball cards in the spokes!

AKA
    Vince
    Take me out to the black, Tell them I ain't comin' back, You can't take the sky from me.
    Ben glanced down at his empty shot glass.

"I think I know you."

"See?!" Cerie said, gesturing slightly.

He set the glass down, by now aware that the alcohol would kick in shortly.

"Of course," he breathed, massaging his eyes. He started laughing. "Of course. And that's way Shuvin's lookin' like she went a round with a Besalisk?"

Shuvin winced. "I don't look that bad, do I? I don't think anyone's searchin' us out, but the only way we're sticking around without problems is havin' Cerie stay with the ship, and that's not fair. Not here."

Ben glanced up at Lana and then at Cerie (who was frowning a storm), Shuvin (who smiled and then winced and touched one of the bruises on her face), and even the Mon Calamari bartender (who seemed both amused and annoyed at once).

"That job still on the table?" he asked Lana, who suddenly became the center of attention.

AKA
    The Acquisitor
    Gamer IDs

Steam ID: Wake
    Her eyes moved across to the bartender, giving a brief glare of disapproval. It is a shame: they were such a gracious, amusing audience. All good things must come to an end-- which included her wine. With no need for immediate action, she lifted the glass and finished her drink in one swift gulp.

"Of course" she simply answered in a wary, light tone. Fortunate has favoured her, yet not by the means Lana wished. Desperation was a helpful tool, yet not one she wanted to use against this crew to get her way.

TheHolo.Net Poster

AKA
    Vince
    "Right," he said and stood up. "Docking bay 46. If you have luggage, we can rig up the cargo speeder and haul it over to the ship for you. You pay top credit, you get top service."

He tapped the bartop twice, and tossed a few more credits to the tender, who nodded and went on his way. Ben and Cerie made their morose way to the entrance of the Firaxan.

Shuvin glanced curiously at Lana for a moment, then smiled and winked.

"Guess real introductions will have to wait then. Don't worry about old Ben too much, hey? He's really a squib at heart," she said, and then turned and jogged off after her big brother and sister.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12