Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hearts

TheHolo.Net Admin

DragonCon 09
    AKA
    Christin
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: W4BSY Steam ID: ApexLupine
    She'd twisted off the cap from the jar of yusa sauce, spooning half into a waiting bowl. Next came a measure of the las pepper sauce, and with ease she began to mix the two together. Idly shifting her feet, the Lupine moved to stand beside Feint as she continued to stir, and as her eye looked to see what her daughter had gifted her Uncle, the mixing spoon slowed to a stop.

She blinked, trying to understand exactly what she was seeing.

It was...

It was not exactly what she'd expected.

Teagan had been tight-lipped about her gift, spending many hours out and about. s'Il had thought she'd been scouring the few merchant shops that had sprouted up in the outskirts of Sanctuary, but apparently the girl had been out hunting and gathering... hearts?

Hearts.

And in that moment she couldn't help the sharp laugh that escaped her lips. A hand moved, to poke a finger at one of the bags that her Leh'beni companion was currently holding aloft.

SW-Fans.Net Poster

Tak fanG
    ...my daddy smells like wine

Has been a member for 5 years or longer
    In her excitement, Teagan leaned in from her perch on the stool, and smiled proudly as Uncle Feint opened his gift. Her mother's reaction was a little bit unexpected, though.

"My friends said that today was when you gave the people you loved hearts, and I couldn't really decide which was the best one, so I figured I'd put all of them together."

"Is that so?" Feint looked up at his niece and gave her a smile. "A local tradition, no doubt. I had not heard tell of it before. A noble celebration. Where I come from, Leh'ben, we are very guarded about our thoughts and feelings. We do not often tell each other how much we love them, not as often as we should. We have our own special celebration, on the last day of the Festival of Light as the sun is setting on the last day of summer it is tradition to reveal your true name to those you love. We have two names. One for our families and friends, spoken in confidence and secret, and the one we use everywhere else."

His mind recalled wonderful memories of blissful summers spent in the relative peace of their guarded world. Every Guardian is recalled to Leh'ben for the festival. It is a integral part of their society. He had spent many years in the close confidence of his most trusted allies, or embrace of a summertime lover, and enjoyed the tradition of revealing their true names to each other. It seemed like such a silly thing in hindsight, an activity for children. Not something he had the time or willingness to participate in the last several years of his time on Leh'ben. He had grown jaded and bitter with the religious subtext and radicalization that often took place during the Festival of Light. He could not remember the last time he had revealed his true name to anyone.

Motioning Teagan closer to him he leaned forward and position his mouth near her ear to whisper;

"Dendi."

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12