Elarys was surprised that Lady Tarkin offered her hand, and part of her almost gave a simple handshake; but she knew better. She squeezed the aristocrat hand and offered a not too awkward curtsy, which might even ranked among the least catastrophic she had performed in her life. She smiled warmly to the Empress's mother.

"Of course, my Lady."

She nodded and didn't waste the other woman's time, perfectly at peace with the amount of security that such a prestigious guest mandated. She led the way through the vast maze of hallways of the large educational building. Truth be told, she found herself more at ease in Lady Tarkin's presence than with some other academic individuals she had had to work with, or other upper society names who just thought that such projects were just good to win them some political influence, rather than believing in the importance of good schools.

That was also why she was so impressed with the Empress herself, because of how she had climbed up the ranks through her own merit and not simply because of lineage. Elarys understood the importance of a good family; but individual skills and intelligence were of tremendous value in her mind.

She cursed herself for the slight color she felt rising to her cheeks as Lady Tarkin unexpectedly talked to her about the upcoming event. She could have downplayed it; but she saw no reason to lie.

"It very much is. Education has been my passion for several years; but this opportunity is beyond my expectations. I hope we can bring positive change to our system, so more imperials are able to learn and serve to the best of their capabilities."

While such a speech could have sounded rehearsed or hollow from others, Elarys spoke genuinely and with an inner fire that had sustained her during sleepless nights of hard work, besides litters of stimcaf.