Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Casting the Net

TheHolo.Net Poster Shana Ghemenaux's Avatar
    AKA
    Natacha
    Shana already had a good impression from Maize; but his offer actually sparked her interest anew. She knew how some companies were extremely picky about who could test prototypes. She felt honored really.

"That would be fantastic," she replied with a note of genuine excitement in her voice.

"I have always loved testing. Some find it boring, but being able to get into the nitty gritty of what works and what doesn't, plus the sheer joy of trying out something new."

Once again, she didn't even misconstrue Maize's offer, too happy at the thought of testing something new. She hadn't got to hike in new places or do any device testing in a long time; so that sounded much more interesting than a mere stroll in some fancy shopping area or even a resort.

"Are you looking for general testing? Or something more specific in its software, or weather resistance for the hardware?"

TheHolo.Net Poster
    AKA
    Cameron
    Maize smiled, seeing how enthused Shana was at his suggestion. He was pleased at that.

"General testing is fine," he replied. "If you want to make notes on other facets - since you'd know the types of things that are important to consider - that would also be astral."

He took a sip of caf, pulled out his own sleek comlink and tapped a message to his R&D chief, requesting said prototype.

"I'll have it delivered up here fairly quickly."

AKA
    Natacha
    Shana hadn't expected such an opportunity when coming to Corellia and meeting Maize Wayne; but she very much liked where things were going.

"I'll keep that in mind."

She grinned a tad mischievously. "I have been known to have a lot to say at times; but always in a clear and concise fashion."

If there was one thing she hated, it was convoluted crap some people spun in miserable attempts to make themselves look smart.

"And if you're indeed able to clear some of your schedule, just let me know when and where. I do not have any other things set in stone during my time here."
    She chuckled and raised a brow at him.

"Given what I heard about the unique Corellian ego, I shouldn't reiterate that I traveled all the way here for you and your company."

She was jesting in good humor; and for how he had been so far, she thought he wouldn't take it the wrong way.

TheHolo.Net Poster
    AKA
    Cameron
    Maize grinned and barked with laughter.

"I really have no idea what you mean," he joked. "Well, I'll test that new datapad as soon as it arrives by sending you some free times on my calendar. Then, we can take a hike."

Well, this is turning out to be interesting, he thought.

"What other burning questions did you have for me?"

AKA
    Natacha
    Shana liked a good sense of humor; and she was glad that Maize went along with her own quirkiness.

"Of course, you don't!"

She nodded with a grinned to his comment about the datapad and upcoming hike.

"I'll trust you to pick where we go hiking."

She mused on his last question; but eventually shook her head.

"None at the moment. Did you have any?"

TheHolo.Net Poster
    AKA
    Cameron
    Maize thought for a moment, sipped caf, then shook his head.

"I only have the marching orders to give my teams, so that you're able to read and see all the things you need to." He paused again, then snapped his fingers as a thought came to mind. "Before a nature hike, would you care to take a factory tour? We don't do all production here in Coronet, obviously, but there are some elements you could see."

He knew the business well enough that there was no trade secrets there for Shana to steal... not that he necessarily expected her to have a side game of corporate espionage going. Maize quirked an eyebrow at her.

"The plant's not too far."

AKA
    Natacha
    Shana's eyes shone at once at the mention of a factory tour. That had always been something she liked to do; whether at the family's business or when securing contracts. It was important to her to see how workers actually got to perform their job; besides all high tech research and silver-tongued PR people.

"I'd like that."

On cue her stomach growled in the most un-lady fashion, and she just shrugged it off.

"If you tell me there is some take-out on the way, I promise I can gobble it quick enough as not to leave any crumb in the plant."

TheHolo.Net Poster
    AKA
    Cameron
    That made Maize laugh.

"I think that can be arranged," he replied, grinning. "Come on then."

He downed the remainder of his caf, then walked over to the door. Maize had a couple ideas on where they could grab something to eat along the way. He stuck his head out and looked to his assistant.

"Let the main plant know I'm on my way over," he said. "Give them a chance to be terrorized and clean up before I show up, huh?"

Janes smirked, then nodded. "I'll indeed warn them. Anyone in particular you'd like to me to schedule you with, sir?"

Maize lifted his expressive eyebrows and cocked his head to the side, thinking about that.

"Lo'ti and Ithkar, if they're onsite." He glanced back to make sure Shana was in hearing distance for the next part. "And if they're not, no problem. I'll improvise and just make up answers to the smart lady's questions as we go instead."

AKA
    Natacha
    Shana was glad that her unlady-like stomach made Maize laugh. After all, most bodies needed food at one point or another. It wasn't as if she had done that on purpose.

"Good!"

She followed him as they exited his office. The two rounds of caf had definitely been good to shake off the sluggishness of space travel. Now she just needed some fuel and she'd be good to go and be perky.

She cackled at the Corellian's comment about giving employers a chance to be terrorized before he showed up. The way he said it was just amusing.

She rolled her eyes in good humor at his mention of improvising.

"I am sure our employees are likely relieved they don't have us as permanent boss team, with us improvising stuff and driving them crazy with our genius,"
    she quipped.

She had driven some of her own people nuts in the past when coming up with a revamped solution when some thought that they were stuck in a dead end. She loved problem solving and was known to come up with creative ways to fix and improve situations.

TheHolo.Net Poster
    AKA
    Cameron
    "So glad we understand each other," Maize quipped, winking at Shana.

Then, they were off! Back to the turbolift, down to the private parking level was was exclusively for the Wayne family - though he was the only one on-planet these days. Maize touched the chrono on his wrist and a flashy speeder's lights flashed as the security system disengaged.

"Right this way, miss," he said. "Any particular Corellian food you're craving?"

AKA
    Natacha
    Shana valued order and efficiency as true imperials did; but she also recognized that a mad genius streak could invoke chaos to shake things up and bring new ideas to the table. That was why she liked associating with people from both kinds, and possessed herself aspects from both categories. As organized as she was, her outside the box brain could baffle some individuals too set in the way things had always been done.

Creativity fueled innovation and she hated when people failed to see that, even if it involves some madness in the process.

She followed Maize, and was brought back to reality as they reached some very flash speeder appeared to be their ride.

She took place in it and didn't think twice about his question.

"I'm fine with any real food, like meat with some hearty vegetables and sides. If you feed me salad, I'm fairly sure I will be the one scaring your employees."

She was not joking.

TheHolo.Net Poster
    AKA
    Cameron
    Maize chuckled from behind the controls of the 'speeder as he wound them out of the garage and onto the surface streets of Coronet.

"Fair enough. Worse than scaring them, I don't want you to scare me!" he joked.

Maize decided to take her to one of the quick service joints he preferred, The Sizzling Womp Rat. It was colorful and loud - both with music, conversation, and the sounds from the kitchen - and the air was very fragrant with the aromas of Corellian seasonings. Basically, it was everything a local would love and what would baffle and overwhelm most off-world tourists who expected a blander version of actual Corellian cooking and culture.

"Everything's good," Maize said as he found a parking spot across the street from the shopfront. "Can't go wrong."

AKA
    Natacha
    Maize's sense of humor was something Shana appreciated a lot. She could be dead serious when the situation required it; but she liked finding the fun in life as well, and believed that professional endeavors didn't prevent such things.

"Scaring you? This almost sounds like a dare, Maize," she retorted with a grin.

As they made it to the Sizzling Womp Rat, her stomach growled once again and more loudly, at all the delicious scents that welcomed them as they stepped inside the joint. Now that was she was talking about, real Corellian cuisine, not some watered down version for mousy tourists.

"Good to know," she replied with a grin, almost sauntering to the counter, and ordering the day's special with two extra sides. She was starving and her brain needed some fuel. It was utterly meaty and with lots of spice and she was a happy camper.

"Your workers just bought themselves another day," she jested.

TheHolo.Net Poster
    AKA
    Cameron
    Maize ordered a couple sides to devour while Shana ate - he was never one to turn down the Sizzling Womp Rat's cuisine! He was glad to see that his guest appreciated authentic Corellian too.

"Well, I'm sure we're all glad to hear that," he drawled back at her, grinning. "Hate to have you make the news in such a scandalous way after all."

Maize chuckled. This was definitely a different sort of business encounter than what his were usually like. He found it a refreshing change, and also decided it was sorely needed with all that had been on his mind.

AKA
    Natacha
    Stuffing her face in a very pedestrian manner was definitely a far cry from the upper scale districts she had been haunting at Imperial Center during her last visit to see her niece. Elarys had been doing remarkably well; but Shana was worried that the younger woman was working herself to death. Granted, she knew that it ran in the family; but there was still a mother hen side to her with her late husband's younger sister.

Enjoying the spicy food, she had to say it must be one of the best business lunches she had got to experience in the recent while.

"Scandalous is better avoided, unless it is someone you want to get rid of without having to visibly lift a finger," she retorted with a grin in between bites.

"I am thinking we might need to have some real Corellian restaurants back on Sillesk. I guess I should add that to the list besides trade contracts with you, Maize."

TheHolo.Net Poster
    AKA
    Cameron
    Maize was no restaurateur, but he was a good cook. Still, that didn't even matter - as an entrepreneur, he didn't have to be the one in the kitchen, laboring. He just needed the credits to make deals happen.

"Well, if you wanna have real Corellian restaurants on Sillesk, I'll make sure to buy a couple here first," he chuckled. "So that way, you can make sure to continue to work with me on expanding the franchise."

He had simply quirked an eyebrow at the inference that Shana could make people disappear. He wondered if that was bravado or a real possibility? With his own shady dealings at times, he decided it was better to assume this was true and leave it at that. But, the notion of this wiggled around in his brain, prompting to ask a question.

"You any good at finding people who have seemed to 'disappear' too?" he asked, sounding light about it, but was curious just the same.

AKA
    Natacha
    Shana couldn't help going for a second order of one of the spicy meat dish she had just tasted. She grinned to Maize and got to say she liked the idea of adding restaurants to the business agreements. It wasn't why she had come to Corellia in the first place; but part of her job on Sillesk allowed her to catch talents in various professional fields, and quality of life was definitely important to her.

"I like the idea, especially as if this joint is anything to judge from, I can trust your Corellian cuisine tastes!"

Having no idea what her simple jest about scandal and people disappearance made Maize think, she was surprised by his next question. She was no secret agent and would have made a very poor one in the first place. She considered his inquiry for a moment, wondering where this was going.

"Not personally; but as the saying goes, I know people," she replied matter-of-fact.

TheHolo.Net Poster
    AKA
    Cameron
    Maize nodded his understanding. "Fair enough."

He excused himself to go purchase a couple drinks for them. It wouldn't do to snag Corellian Ales before the factory tour - even he had some sense of ethics - so they were non-alcoholic beverages. When he returned, he let that previous inquiry drop, knowing it was foolish on his part to even keep thinking about such matters.

"Maybe after the tour, I can seduce you into a good partnership with a tour of our best Corellian desserts?" he offered with a grin.

AKA
    Natacha
    When Maize let go of the topic, Shana did as well. She knew to wait rather than to push, unless there was a direct need and a potential opening. At the moment, neither was on the agenda, and she was fine with that.

As they were leaving the joint, she fetched the drink he presented her and chuckled at his offer.

"Well, after the feat you did with this place, I am fairly sure you can seduce my stomach some more. Just make sure there is Corellian ale or whiskey involved,"
    she replied with a wink.

That wasn't her typical business trip so far; but at the same time it wouldn't be new that winning her over with food was a good strategy as her sister-in-law had pointed out in the past.

TheHolo.Net Poster
    AKA
    Cameron
    "What's that? Are you going to try and get me drunk, Miss Ghemenaux?" he joked, feeling reasonably sure that she wasn't going to be offended or presume he was really hitting on her.

Maize flashed a confident, almost cocky grin. He just found a natural rapport with her - from talking tech, to food, to being borderline flirty-but-silly. Of course, he wasn't serious about being a flirt at all. There was still far too much weighing on his heart for anyone else to take space there. And possibly, Shana knew that as well.

"Anyway, I'll make sure of it," he added in a non-suggestive tone. "But first, the factory, right?"

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast