Thread: Realign

TheHolo.Net Poster Adaira Svachenko's Avatar
    AKA
    Natacha

Closed Roleplay [WoD] Realign

Adaira missed France. She had felt as if a part of herself had been ripped off of her since she had stepped on the Eurostar taking her to London a week ago. She knew what brought her to another city and country.

Did she regret her decision?

No.

Part of her still felt weak as fuck; and she wished she had found a way to avenge her family when finding out who the bastard was. Sadly, she had spiraled down into sorrow and pitch black fear. She had needed out and away. The Morvan had been her home since her birth; and she cherished it to no ends. She had loved her work at the museum, and had been looking forward to even work for the archeological research unit in the near future; but all had collapsed when she should have carried on with a brilliant Master opening new doors.

It was weird to know all she could have been; but that it remained out of her reach. Some days she wondered how it would be to have been a Garou like her grandmother. At least, she thought she was going to shift, for her grandma had been certain of it for a few days, before the hunters came.

"Adaira! Darling, you should get ready! You wouldn't want to make Lady Roxane wait, would you?"

The blonde sighed at her reflection in the mirror. The guest room in Alsabet's house was cozy and all she wanted was to curl back up in bed and sleep under the pile of blankets. But, her grandmother's friend was right. She had an appointment to go to.

"I'll leave in a minute!"

She finished to get ready, before heading downstairs. The elder Corax smiled at her and squeaked - at least the blonde had no other way to describe the weird sound.

"You look fabulous! This color really flatters you. It reminds me of your grandmother. You really have her eyes. That Cossack blood runs in your veins my child!"

Adaira walked to her and gave her a peck on the cheek, but as she tried to go towards the door, Alsabet was still talking, a very Corax trait as her grandmother had told her back in the day.

"Please give Lady Roxane my love! I will have to tell you some more about your..."

The blonde smiled and opened the door, waving at Alsabet.

"I'll see you tonight!"

Without further ado, she closed the door behind her and walked faster than needed until she had turned the corner of the street, not without looking up, as if for some weird reason Alsabet had decided to shift and be some helicopter grandma to her while she headed for the Moostone Cafe.

Funnily enough, she wouldn't even be surprised if that happened.

"Geesh, Nara. You're so obvious with that one. Lucky Roxane ain't here to go all heart eyes on ya," teased Paul as he pulled the guitar strap over his head. Until he felt something hard whack him on the cheek. "Ow! The hell?!"

His twin sister had impeccable aim flicking a pick at him. "It's a great song, sung by a great singer for an awesome lady. Who gives a shit if it's obvious?"

Vicki did look over at their Black Fury leader and winked. "But he has a point. She's so going heart eyes on ya Friday night when ya sing it."

Nara had chosen Guns N' Roses Sweet Child of Mine for the band to play now that she and Roxane were finally dating. It gave the Garou a free pass to sing whatever she wanted because she no longer had to hold back. That meant the band had a free pass to tease her too, though Paul still found a line to cross now and then with his big mouth.

She loved her dear twin greatly, but Vicki could tell when he was about to get foot in mouth syndrome - hence the pick on cheek remedy.

"Oh, shut up." Nara's gruff response was adorable because it was Vicki teasing her. She never vehemently retorted her best friend, but would easily rip Paul's head off it were warranted.

"That aside," Ethan chimed in as the group were putting their instruments down, "we sounded really good. So do we need another go, or we good to go?"

"I'm thinking we're good to go," said Kevin as he hopped off the stage to leave no room for argument. It was Thursday afternoon so the band didn't have to break down their gear since they were the only act tomorrow.

"Gee, Nara. What do you think? Actually, what does the entire band think?" Nara said in a perfect Kevin tone and scrunched her nose at him.

Paul loved it because he wasn't getting made fun of. "Well, I'm good. Lila's shift's over soon and I'm gonna go get something to eat with her."

"Is this a date thing or a hanging out thing?" questioned Ethan.

"It's a we're just hanging out and not pressuring one another thing so mind your business thing," he muttered defensively.

"Then you won't mind if we tag along?" Ethan shared a smile with Kevin. "Cuz we at least wanna grab something up front before we head out."

"Oh!" Paul perked up and didn't look so distraught. "Sure. Why not?" He looked to two lingering ladies. "How about you two?"

Nara shook her head. "I'm sticking around checking and tuning the gear until Roxane shows up."

"And I'm getting booze for me and Nara," Vicki said. "You boys go have fun."

The three of them didn't have to be told twice because they sure as hell didn't want to do anymore work for the day and headed up front while Vicki went behind the bar to grab a couple bottles out of the fridge.

"How soon's Roxane coming?"

Nara shrugged while strumming a few chords on Vicki's bass. "Dunno. Could be any moment or an hour from now."

"Ah." Nara didn't share much about the Bastet's mood shifts, but what Vicki did know is that sometimes Roxane had severe bouts of being antisocial and her mood was temperamental because of the kind of shifter she was. Roxane's rant about herself before telling Nara how she felt, gave the musician a little insight into what had been troubling her. There was a lot more to it, that much was obvious, but if Roxane wanted to share, she would.

And if she did anything to utterly destroy Nara's heart, she would do more than step on that woman's tail. Vicki was being cautiously optimistic because the two idiots cared for each other and it was worth it for them to try despite being unlucky in previous relationships. She wanted what was best for Nara, which was why they weren't together anymore. They were each other's first in a great many things, but not for a long standing love. They were better suited, and far happier, in their current relationship as friends - practically sisters - and Vicki wouldn't change it for anything. The standards for dating the Garou were high in her eyes and only elevated after the Brigid fiasco. Despite what appeared to be countless barriers that would make a relationship work between the Garou and Bastet, most noticeably the interspecies aspect of it, the two knuckleheads had a lot in common and were diverse enough to compliment the other. It could work if the two communicated well, which was the issue with Brigid. Too many secrets and explanations well after the fact.

"Well, if she shows up, I'll grab one for her then." She decided after opening the two she retrieved and went to hand deliver Nara hers.

AKA
    Natacha
    Relying on public transportation wasn't what Adaira liked best. Walking everywhere, or driving, was what she was used to; but getting to drive in London wasn't something she pictured herself do right away. And even in crowded urban areas, being outside made her feel a bit better. And out of paranoia of being late; she ended reaching the Moostone Cafe twenty minutes before her appointment.

With a sigh, she stepped inside, shortly after she had seen a bunch of people leaving the cafe, happily chatting. Once she had entered, she took in the cozy atmosphere, as well as the few customers perusing the various shelves, or sitting at some of the table, enjoying the pastries and hot drinks.

Truth was the smell was delicious; but Adaira's nerves made it clear that eating anything now would be a bad idea. She nevertheless bought a hot cinnamon tea from the lady at the counter, and inquired about where she should wait for the owner. She was sent towards the back room.

Her tea in hand, she went there and realized it must serve as the music venue section. She had seen that it was one of the things the Moonstone Cafe did besides its regular shop hours. She caught sight of two women chatting. She waited for a brief pause, and she took a few steps forward.

"Hi, I'm Adaira. Is either of your Miss McDonnell?"

Vicki was taking a swig from her bottle when they were suddenly not alone. She turned to take a look at the very unfamiliar woman. The band was getting to know the locals but this one Vicki would have definitely remembered if she had ever laid eyes on her. Unlike her brother, her appreciative gaze was not lewd as Adaira introduced herself.

"Well, this one up here's dating her," she answered with a playful grin.

Nara groaned as her head fell forward with embarrassment.

"But," Vicki continued, "she's not here yet. And honestly, not sure when she'll be."

She stepped forward and missed Nara poking her head up, nostrils flaring. The Black Fury was getting her bearings on the stranger and all she could smell was a human.

"I'm Vicki." She pointed a thumb over her shoulder. "That's Nara. We're with one of the bands that plays here. Anything that we can help with until Roxane shows up?"

AKA
    Natacha
    Adaira was caught by surprise when one of the women said that the other was dating Lady McDonnell. She quirked a brow and felt color on her cheeks. By all means, she understood being attracted to women, although it was an inclination she had kept to herself her whole life. Maybe in some big cities it was no big deal, but even her university hadn't been as open-minded as she had thought they might. And in the middle of the country side, digging stuff up, people were still entrenched in bigotry, even the few who considered themselves tolerant and progressive.

And now she was worried she might have looked like a bloody bigot herself. And she definitely had missed the other blonde's discreet but attentive look at her apparition.

"I apologize for the intrusion. I have an appointment with her. I guess I'll just stick around."

Gosh, she was smart and had a decent amount of social skills, and even humor; but right now she was just an embarrassment it appeared. At least, she felt as such.

"Good to meet you, Vicki, and Nara."

Her smile and her posture relaxed a bit.

"It's my first time here, or even in London. A mutual acquaintance arranged for this, in hope I can... Get a job here."

She gestured around her.

"Have you been here for long?"

She canted her head to the side, curious about them being in a band.

"What kind of music do you play?"

Nara noticed the color in Adaira's cheeks, smelling the burgeoning discomfort coming off of her in discreet waves. She was barely perspiring but it was clear something had startled her.

Vicki had a better view of the confusion and chalked it up to general surprise that Roxanne was dating anyone ... since the shifter was not known to have a significant other ever. The woman had a chance to relax after a moment and as she spoke, Vicki took a few sips from the bottle.

"Well, good you got an appointment." She threw Nara an amused look. "Means you won't be waiting long in seeing her."

The Garou rolled her eyes and returned to playing around on the bass. "If your acquaintance is good friends with Roxanne, I'm sure she'll be happy to help you out."

"Yeah, she's been great helping us since we came aboard. Little over a month ago. Same thing ... someone knew someone and pointed us towards the cafe," Vicki explained. "Here."

She walked to the bar to grab another beer and a current flyer, holding them out to Adaira when she came back. "We're Esoterica. Hard rock and metal band."

AKA
    Natacha
    Part of Adaira just wanted to get a beer too; though she knew that the hot cinnamon tea was more appropriate for the current situation. Also, she worried it would be considered unprofessional of her to actually have any booze at a job interview.

She couldn't help chuckling at how Vicki teased Nara. The natural way in which they were interacting, indicating a tight knit friendship was lovely to watch; even though it was also a reminder of her isolation. Hopefully she would remain safe in London, blending in. She vaguely hoped to find a community; but at the same time as long as she wasn't found, it was all that mattered.

"It seems that she is a bit of a mother hen to our community of misfits," she observed, her quirky humor momentarily showing up.

She took the offered flier and thanked Vicki, her expression brightening up at the mention of hard rock and metal.

"That's awesome! What nights do you play? I'd love to attend one of your shows."

A new voice interrupted, with an accent difficult to place, contrary to Adaira's strong French one.

"You should. They are phenomenal."

With a grin, Roxane appeared, dressed in black pants and a purple off the shoulder shirt. She closed the distance with Nara, giving her a quick but meaningful kiss. She nodded to Vicki, and then turned her attention to Adaira.

"You must be Adaira. I'm Roxane. I heard you could be a good addition to the Cafe but I didn't understand all the details from Alsabet's insistent chatter."

The blonde had no idea what to expect from Roxane or the Moonstone; but she kept being surprised. She managed to offer a handshake to the Bastet, who accepted it.

"Good to meet you, Roxane."

She was observant enough to realize that first name basis seemed to be the thing with her potential new boss.

"I'm an historian by trade, with cultural management, including archeological sites and museum experience. For what I know about the Cafe, I'd be most useful for your book selection and acquisition, but I'm happy to adjust."

She realized she had spoken way too quickly, and hoped she wasn't going to look like a total fool. She needed that job.