Thread: Which of these technologies would be the HARDEST for a scientist in SW to create?

Which of these technologies would be the HARDEST for a scientist in SW to create?

This Wiki page I've been editing for months with stuff I've read on the internet. Based on existing science and tech already available in Star Wars, which of these would be challenging for a scientist in Star Wars to create? Try to explain why and you can pick multiple entries. Remember, Star Wars is more advanced then the movies often show.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_hypothetical_technologies

TheHolo.Net Admin

DragonCon 09
    AKA
    Christin
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: W4BSY Steam ID: ApexLupine
    You've been asking this question in different words for a while now. I know that you're looking for input, but please; help us out. You're partial to FFG I get that, but at this point it just seems like you're mining us and not wanting to actually engage with us. We're always happy to help, but my goodness, show us some consideration.

I provided a list. It’s a Wiki Page I’ve been working on for weeks. I just need someone to read it and pick. That’s all.

SW-Fans.Net Admin

Good but Damaged Goods

DragonCon 09
    Can you clean up the list first? Like, artificial gravity and Brain in a Jar are already there in Star Wars. A Dyson Sphere isn't really a stretch given the Death Star II.

Quote Originally Posted by Morgan Evanar View Post
    Can you clean up the list first? Like, artificial gravity and Brain in a Jar are already there in Star Wars. A Dyson Sphere isn't really a stretch given the Death Star II.
    This is the page for the official Wikipedia. I can’t alter it. I have to follow the rules of the wiki. Just ignore the stuff that already exists.

Oh Dyson sphere or the exact same concept appeared in SWTOR. The Iokath system

The most difficult would be the universal snakebite antivenom.

This is because snake venoms function in different ways depending on the snake, and the approach which cancels one will almost instantly kill a patient if bitten by another. Then you also have to take the genetics of the hundreds of races in the Star Wars galaxy into account, with each one potentially reacting differently to any sort of chemical or organic substance.

Simply put: Can't be done. This is the hardest.

TheHolo.Net Poster

Has been a member for 5 years or longer
    AKA
    Charley
    Quote Originally Posted by Fredal Rabeak View Post

This is because snake venoms function in different ways depending on the snake, and the approach which cancels one will almost instantly kill a patient if bitten by another. Then you also have to take the genetics of the hundreds of races in the Star Wars galaxy into account, with each one potentially reacting differently to any sort of chemical or organic substance.

The boring answer here is probably nanites that can somehow analyze pathogens and manufacture organic molecules to respond in appropriate measure. That being said, Star Wars has always been pretty shit at medical answers other than “stick patient in goo until better”

Quote Originally Posted by Rai'faani Meorrrei View Post

The boring answer here is probably nanites that can somehow analyze pathogens and manufacture organic molecules to respond in appropriate measure. That being said, Star Wars has always been pretty shit at medical answers other than “stick patient in goo until better”
    Yeah nanomedicine was never mentioned in any Star Wars Medium. Nanotech has mostly been in weapons. When they discovered Bacta and Kolto; they probably got lazy and never went the extra step.

I don't know if farts were even mentioned in any Star Wars medium, either, but I'm willing to wager they exist. =P

I don't know if farts were even mentioned in any Star Wars medium, either, but I'm willing to wager they exist. =P
    Apparently at a wedding in the Join the Resistance books, a person farted and stunk up the whole room

Part of me died inside when I heard that 🤢

TheHolo.Net Admin

Baroness Scorpion #2
    Lesbian Overlord of SWFans

DragonCon 09
    AKA
    Jenny
    I think as a space opera, it's possible that all or none of these things could be discovered/invented in Star Wars, but we would be unlikely to read about how they actually worked.

Like it would just be a magical crystal or energy that allowed any one of these things to happen - and I'm okay with that!

SW-Fans.Net Poster

AKA
    Nzat
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Nikita Satach Steam ID: Nzat
    I've always thought of Star Wars as space fantasy. The term space opera brings visions of Bugs Bunny in a space suite riding the back of tauntaun while being serenaded by Darth Fudd. But that's just me.

"I think of my body as a side effect of my mind." - Carrie Fisher

What if it were more of a space soap opera? Amazing hair, and really terrible cameras.

And everyone would have a secret twin with double amnesia!

SW-Fans.Net Poster

AKA
    Nzat
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Nikita Satach Steam ID: Nzat
    Yaassss! And eye patches, there must be eye patches for the long lost mysterious lover/son/uncles who’ve recently returned from abroad.

TheHolo.Net Admin
    OG Forum Overlord

AKA
    Holly
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Lilaena Steam ID: jainhollie
    Since it’s Star Wars all the sets of good/evil twins would also have clones.

oh what a tangled web I weave

TheHolo.Net Admin

Baroness Scorpion #2

DragonCon 09
    AKA
    Jenny
    Quote Originally Posted by Halajiin Rabeak View Post
    What if it were more of a space soap opera? Amazing hair, and really terrible cameras.

And everyone would have a secret twin with double amnesia!
    It us

TheHolo.Net Admin

DragonCon 09
    AKA
    Christin
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: W4BSY Steam ID: ApexLupine
    Space Telenovelas itt

What a scary thought. A Star Wars telenovela haha. Hmmm I wonder... haha

TheHolo.Net Admin

Baroness Scorpion #2