Thread: The Lies In Which You Linger

TheHolo.Net Poster

Has been a member for 5 years or longer
    AKA
    Jenny

Closed Thread The Lies In Which You Linger

That the sight of Hapan colours and dress had become somewhat common on Onderon did nothing to diminish the striking appearance of the Hapan Royal Guard, or the Chume’doro as they were known in their native tongue. The ten women stood in a neat formation at the centre of a gravel square within the Iziz palace gardens, the sunlight glinting off their blue and gold armour, giving them the appearance of somewhat dazzling statues dedicated to martial prowess and beauty.

A step ahead of the group undoubtedly impressive group stood a single man. A singular man, even, who was even more familiar to Onderonian people. Once the Prime Minister of Iziz and trusted adviser to Queen Adraudia, now the Lord Protector of Hapes, he wore attire that more closely mirrored that of a naval officer, though with one notable exception: a lightsaber hilt hung from his belt.

As the Onderonian Queen approached her guests, Salem Ave smiled.

“Thank you for agreeing to meet with me at such short notice, your highness. It has been… too long.”

SW-Fans.Net Poster

Its good to be Queenie

Onderon's Royal Guard may not be as resplendent as the Hapans, but their distinctive armor invoked centuries of the planet's history. Polished armor atop red and tan padded clothing changed little through the years, except to improve the designs for the guards protection. The most distinctive look of the royal guard were the carefully crafted helmets with the dalgo crest, matching the noticeable beast of burden's mane that the Queen's army used to patrol Iziz.

The queen wore an elaborately embroidered maroon gown with partly revealed shoulders and a plunging neckline. She opted long silver and gold necklaces and wore her straightened hair down to keep eyes from straying too far.

"Salem!" She reached for his hands with a delighted smile.

They had kept up with correspondences but it was a little jarring to see the open display of a lightsaber on her Master. So much had been kept secret for so long, especially in the use of their power.

When their hands connected, she squeezed. "Oh this was no trouble and an unexpected pleasure to see you."

TheHolo.Net Poster

AKA
    Jenny
    Even as Adraudia’s hands found Salem’s, a gesture of familiarity that spoke volumes of their shared past, the Queen’s former advisor was dipping his head in deference.

“Your majesty.”

As he stood upright once more, the smile still lingered on Salem’s thin lips. His eyes shifted for a moment across the royal guards in their crested helmets, recognising a few of the faces that peered out from beneath their visors but seeing new ones too. Change was inevitable. When his premiership had ended, he had not left Iziz and Onderon crystallised in time. Though the Royal Palace had not changed, undoubtedly the people within had.

“Do you have time to take a walk with me in the gardens?”

SW-Fans.Net Poster

Its good to be Queenie

"You needn't ask! Of course I do," she said with radiant smile, clearly happy to fulfill the request.

Adraudia was eager to catch up with Salem and learn the true purpose of a personal visit that also brought a small contingent of Hapan Royal Guard. As the queen began to lead Salem by looping an arm around his, a pair of Onderon's guard broke from formation to follow.

The gardens were maintain daily - especially the bamboo that was plentiful throughout the planet. The native flora lined the path that led further into the gardens which opened up to exotic plants and flowers that were found outside the protective walls of Iziz.

It took a simple look over her shoulder to have the guards fall back to allow some privacy for the queen and the former minister. Then her gaze briefly pass over Salem's profile before looking at the stone path ahead.

"I'm glad you're here." She briefly squeezed his arm. "What do I owe the pleasure?"

TheHolo.Net Poster

AKA
    Jenny
    The Chume’doro knew their place well enough, where the Lord Protector was concerned; they maintained a distance from him, on par with the Onderonian guard’s separation from their Queen. There was nothing Adraudia had to fear from Salem, nor he from her.

“There are a number of matters I thought it important to discuss with you in person.”

As they walked, Salem allowed Adraudia to guide the way along the familiar paved path.

“I am sorry that I could not be here in person to tender my resignation as Senator. I hope you can forgive my absence, and that you are finding my replacement to be a suitable representative for Onderon among the Alliance.”

SW-Fans.Net Poster

Its good to be Queenie

She gave him a simple nod of acknowledgement with discussing some matters in person and waved off his apology. "There are times when what we wish to do cannot align with what is practical. So no apologies are needed, Salem."

The queen smiled. "Senator Nerofi is a suitable replacement. Already she's extending ties to other systems that Onderon had no prior relationship before except as Alliance members. She's quick to make her own mark in the role."

TheHolo.Net Poster

AKA
    Jenny
    “I’m glad. I… was not the advocate for Onderon I could have been.”

Removing his arm from hers, Salem continued a few paces ahead of the Queen before halting. In no time, their walk had brought the two of them into an area of relative privacy.

“But stepping away from the Senate has allowed me to… clarify my focus.”

Ave turned side on and as he lifted one hand, the familiar hilt of a lightsaber leapt from his belt and slapped into his palm. He brushed his thumb over the switch, soft enough that the blade did not spring to life.

“I am more than a Senator, as you are more than a head of state. There is a great deal that politicking has distracted us from.”

SW-Fans.Net Poster

Its good to be Queenie

Adraudia's pursed together tightly at Salem openly displaying his power, regardless of how private this setting was. They never addressed each other so plainly that the masks falling away momentarily gave her pause.

The surprise didn't last long. "And what is it you require of me to bring our needs back on track?"

Her eyes darkened while her lips spread into a curious smile before adding, "Master."