The lift began to slow its ascent.

"Oh stars, don't apologize for Sanis," she couldn't help the light chuckle that escaped her lips, "... I've known him for a very long time, so I'm used to his ways."

And then the doors opened, and s'Il led the way out. Another corridor, this one a bit narrower than the others, but she and Michael were still able to walk side by side, at least. Up ahead, three pilots lingered around an open door, two leaning on the bulkhead on either side of the door, and the third propped against the far bulkhead. Laughter floated through the air, along with a few garbled words from an unseen fourth, obviously standing just inside the threshold of the open door.

One of the pilots looked up at the approaching pair, and he straightened his posture. The others were quick to follow suit, as well as the head of a Rodian that peaked out for a bare moment before vanishing, only to be replaced with another body at attention.

"Captain," one of the pilot's offered.

"Mr. Keffa."

Eyes went from the Captain to the redhead, with a small bit of confusion but certainly no desire to ask.

"I trust that all is well?"

"Yes Ma'am. Just enjoying some downtime."

She gave a nod as she stepped past them, with Michael following closely behind her.

A few paces past them, the Rodian spoke up, "Kaitu, ma su chada tai ku eedawaney? (Captain, any news on why we're here?)"

The Lupine paused at that, her pace slowing to a stop as she half-turned to regard the small group.

"You'll know when I do, Mr. Frik."

A partial lie, but only through omission.

"What I do know is that it's something that our betters want to know more about," she amended. There was no real reason to be too glib with those who flew for her.

The group looked to one another, considered her words, and eventually nodded. They trusted her. Serving under the once-Commodore had been an interesting experience, but they'd all come to know that she was honest enough, and her intentions were driven by her experience. It helped (though sometimes didn't) that she had the ability to connect to the Force.

"You think we'll get some fly time?"

Now that was a difficult one to answer, and s'Il pursed her lips. She gave a sideways glance to Michael before turning to her pilots once more.

"I really don't know, Mr. Osagaira. But if we do get to that point, Halberd Wing will be out there."

This seemed to agree with them, and the pilots nodded. A chorus of 'Yes Ma'ams' were sent her way, and with a quick smile, she dipped her head in acknowledgment before returning to the task at hand: getting Michael to his new (even if temporary) quarters.

The two pushed on, leaving the pilots behind.

"If I might ask," she started, "... if you had gotten on the ship you'd meant to board, where were you intending to be?"