Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: The Round-Trip Ticket

Joey's eyes darted from one face to the other, while his body clearly wished that the room wasn't quite so... fragrant.

"Well, at least you had a good distraction," Joey tried to laugh, but it came out forced and awkward. "But maybe next time check your comm when you hear it go off? I was texting you. I was worried you might be in trouble."

The dimmed light glittered off of a spot on the sheet as it moved, forcing him to bite his lip, toes curling hard inside his shoes to distract himself from the reality of it all.

TheHolo.Net Poster
    AKA
    Mitch
    Anauri's eyebrows raised, and he looked across the room to where his personal comm lay on his desk. "Oh," he managed. "I, uh, think it's still on vibrate from work."

The sensation of Stashia shifting against him brought him back to what he had been rudely interrupted from, and his focus returned. "But, yes, this is Stashia. I told you she's real. And she's really in my bed right now, so... I'm fine, and we're gonna have to do a raincheck on dinner, good?"

His ears suddenly blushed as he felt Stashia moving again, but this time it was her paw, to a very specific place under the sheets. His fingers gripped her shoulder in a light warning, recalling how she had teased him while he was on the comm with his commanding officer, last time she was here. She wouldn't do that again this time, would she? In front of his son?

It was then that he glanced down upon Joey's frame as well, and the awkwardness in the room went to eleven.

She had moved her paw to straighten the covers around them and found her fingers trail over something that she was quite familiar with at this point. For a moment, a fleeting moment she entertained the notion of being quite the little minx about it all before she felt Anauri's hand on her shoulder, squeezing gently. нет. That was not the time for such a thing. She finished straightening the sheet instead, arranging it in such a way as to make his condition less immediately noticeable.

As she finished up beneath the covers her ears dipped in apologetic display to the younger male. "I am being so sorry Joer- Jo- Juh-ree..." Her muzzle wrinkled in annoyance. "This is very hard word to say. Jofar." Her thick accent colored the name with a distinct Kroskovan flavor, the J sounding far closer to a 'Y' on her tongue. "I dropped by rather unexpectedly." She smiled sheepishly at the young Nehantite "I had been hoping to spend Tijdad together. I am not meaning to intrude."

As the initial shock wore off, Joey's mind alerted him to the seriousness of where he stood, with all the subtlety of a mallet.

"I, uh, actually I'm pretty sure I'm the one intruding," he managed, backing slowly toward the door, as turning to the side would make things all the more obvious. "Glad you're okay, Dad; raincheck on dinner. And, nice meeting you, Stashia," he said with a nod to each of them respectively. "Let's, uh, circle back tomorrow on the whole Tajdid thig, okay? Maybe with, like, pants on, hopefully?"

He didn't wait for a reply, fumbling with the button for the door before backing out of it. "Cool, well, sorry for... y'know."

With that, the door closed, leaving Anauri and Stashia to their privacy once again.
    Last edited by Joey Rabeak; Jun 26th, 2019 at 10:52:20 AM.

TheHolo.Net Poster
    AKA
    Mitch
    As soon as he heard the door re-lock, Anauri sighed deeply, burying his face in his paws to hide the deep pink flush of his embarrassment.

"Sweet Garfife, what in the Pit was that?" he groaned.

One paw coming away from his face, he looked to Stashia with sour sadness written all over his face. "Honey, I am so, so sorry about that!"

She tried to respond and found a choking laugh to her voice. "Is... is not your fault, Re." She shook her head with an awkward smile. "These things, eh, these things will happen." She considered, bringing her knees to her chest and a bit of the covers with them, "He was worried about you, is good thing, yes? This? This will be funny story one day to tell while drinking." She leaned in and kissed his salt-and-pepper muzzle softly to reassure him. Her scent was heavy with lust and hormones and she was now painfully aware of that, her muzzle wrinkling slightly as any potential desire to continue in their previous activities was stifled by what had just transpired.

"I am going for shower, if you are not minding?" She motioned at the refresher attached to the room and what she had to assume were functioning sonics.

TheHolo.Net Poster
    AKA
    Mitch
    And just like that, it was over for the evening, Anauri told himself. Glancing back at refresher door, he nodded, a paw rubbing her bare back. "Yeah, help yourself. It's sonic on the left side, water showerhead on the right, if you prefer."

While unconventional for a space station shower, being coated with fur meant that sometimes nothing but water would do, so he'd made sure his quarters were thusly equipped.

His fingers traced down her back as she stood, sweeping along her tailbase, then leg, as he stretched to better follow her body. Maybe it would be a funny story, someday, but someday is always a moment which isn't the present. Another sigh, and he glanced down. Then climbed out of bed to give chase.

"Shower's big enough for two, if you're interested," he chuckled, paws stroking the sides of her hips from behind as he kissed the back of her neck.

She stood there savoring the feel of him behind her, body telling the black-furred Kroskovan she was very much willing to go another round she found herself oddly at war between her instincts and her mind. She wanted to tell him no, that the moment had passed and there would be time later, she even started to 'Oh, нет, Re - no more this evening, I am still feeling sore from earlier!' while more primal urges were encouraging her to recognize just how good he felt pressed near to her, how warm and welcoming a real shower could be their bodies intertwining with cascading water and... oh dear, it seems a decision was being made for her.

Her tail had already wrapped itself tightly around Anauri's waist and held him near as she murred deeper in her throat. "We really must get cleaned up." She insisted, "But I am not wanting to get lost... you should show me way." She walked forward into the refresher, bringing him along with her, her tail giving him directions to follow. She did hope they wouldn't drive his water bill up too far.

TheHolo.Net Poster
    AKA
    Mitch
    That night, Anauri slept more soundly than he had in months, upon clean sheets which had been laid out after cleaning themselves up as well. Morning came with the unfortunate need to separate himself from the beautiful woman at his side, having held her to him through the night in a tender embrace. A gentle kiss graced her cheek before he carefully, quietly slipped out of bed, and was dressed and ready for the day before Stashia had awoken.

For the next half-hour, Anauri split his attention between reports from Engineering, and simply watching Stashia sleep. Could it last, he wondered. They had a connection, yes, but did they really know each other well enough for this to actually be love? Those questions ate at his soul as he pondered what life with a partner would truly be like again, even if it would be separated by distance more often than not. And, if it were real, if this truly was love, was he ready to be married again?

A glance down at his bare ring finger, bore the telltale thinned fur of a man who had worn a ring for many years in the past. Could he wear a ring again? And... what would Joey think?

Immediately his mind flashed back to Joey's intrusion the night before, and he shook his head. That certainly wasn't going to make things easier, nor was Stashia's age. She and Joey were around the same age, how could Joey truly accept his father dating a woman so young? And if it led to something more, would Joey be able to call Stashia "Mom?" Even further, how would Stashia react to possibly having Joey as a step-son? And would she be able to accept his... preference?

No. No, those were questions for a later time, Anauri told himself. First he had to know where he and Stashia stood, and the day would be a good test of that. No more bedroom antics until the night, it would be a normal day, testing their relationship at things other than, well, mating. Also he still had to find Joey a Tajdid present, so perhaps Stashia could help with that? If she wasn't too off-put by meeting him in the first place, that was.

The rumble of his stomach came as a reminder that he had missed dinner in more ways than one, and so he looked over at Stashia's form as she slept, admiring the dark luster of her fur. But he didn't wake her. No, she had earned her sleep, and he would let her have as much of it as she wished.
    Last edited by Anauri Rabeak; Jun 26th, 2019 at 10:53:24 AM.

Stashia would have slept soundly that evening even if there hadn't been all the physical activity of the day before. Feeling Re against her, his warmth holding her tight was something magical. She had had lovers before, even those who would stay the evening and hold her close, but those had been flings and interludes, a shared bed on a cold night. This felt deeper. It was an alien concept to the Kroskovan pilot, a sensation of belonging that went past her homeland, or finding those that shared her interests and feelings.

She had been searching for how the right words for it, even in her own tongue she had trouble finding the precise description.

центр or maybe even сердце.

In Basic the closest word was 'home' though that felt too cold for what she experienced when pressed against the older male. It wasn't merely a place or location, it was a center to her being.This had been what she had worried most about, finding him again, working through the difficulties of reuniting. She had left him with no contact for so long, to simply walk back into his life was... troublesome. But he had felt the warmth of longing, of wanting to be together just as she had.

She was not used to having an opportunity to sleep in and took full advantage of being away from her normal duties. As a pilot in the military it had been strict morning routines and schedules. As a Jedi she had found a similar morning routine helpful to focus her studies and meditation. So a morning where she could simply lay about a bit longer than usual? Yes, she was very grateful for this. She sat up slowly, covers coming with her to drape against her form as she turned her head to look at the older male watching her. She didn't say anything at first, simply considering him, looking at him for a long while as she wondered what kind of a life she could have with him. There had been the question of kits the day before, on if he had given her one with their animated lovemaking the last time she were here.

She had been quick to assure him that it was not something that would upset her, and she was left now to reflect on that. Was that truly how she felt? How fast she had said that, how assured she had been, was that what lay in her heart? She had never considered being a mother before. Her commission had always come first, then the expectation of becoming a Jedi on Ossus. She had met children on Ossus though, hadn't she? It may not be a typical consideration but it wasn't one that seemed to be expressly forbidden. She thought back of Jofar, who had found them in bed together the night before. Of how much he did look like his father. Would their child look very much the same? Handsome and strong like his father or smooth and lithe like her mother? Perhaps neither, both or somewhere in between.

There was time later for such a consideration. Now she should get up for the day, there was likely still much to do for Tijdad. She yawned and forced a stretch that let a loud pop echo off the walls of the bedroom as her back straightened, her ears pinning down involuntarily in reaction.

"Good morning, Re." She said swinging her legs over the bed and searching the room for where they had thrown off her clothes the night before.

TheHolo.Net Poster
    AKA
    Mitch
    Anauri's ears ticked up at that pop, and he looked up from the datapad he was reading, a pair of reading glasses perched on his muzzle. They came off as Stashia began to get up, and he set down his datapad to ease up out of the leather chair he'd been sat in. Barefoot - a rare occurrence for the engineer - he padded over, offering his paw to assist her up.

"Good morning to you as well, beautiful," he smiled. No clothing littered the floor, anymore, and instead he nodded to a neatly folded stack on his dresser. "Hope you don't mind, took the liberty of putting them through the wash for you." As Chief Engineer, with a frequent track record of becoming covered in grease, oil, smoke residue, and other unpleasant substances, he'd made a case to have his own sonic laundry installed in his quarters. Then put one in, anyway, after the request was denied.

"Sleep well, I hope? Not too sore?" A wink and a chuckle, then. If Anauri had made an effort to dress nicely, that day, it either wasn't an especially concerted effort, or it could be that he simply didn't dress up that often. Still, his pair of khaki slacks, and pale ice-green short-sleeved shirt with a pair of broad dark green stripes down the front looked suitable for a day out, the shirt's mother-of-pearl buttons glinting in the dim light of his reading lamp.

She accepted the offered paw with a thankful nod, footing just the barest uneven in the early morning as she stood. "Нет, нет..." She chuckled "Not being too sore, just a bit stiff." They had worked muscles she wasn't even sure she had exercised during her training with the Jedi and not everything agreed with the sudden usage. She held up her shirt from the night before, considering before folding it and setting it back down. She strolled past Anauri, leaning down to gather up a duffel that rested near a small table near his leather chair, she sorted through it, coming away with clean undergarments, a pair of gray capri pants and a white wool and cotton top with long sleeves and a turtle neck. She returned to the edge of the bed to get dressed, finishing up by brushing her headfur to one side in a naturally ruffled manner. She'd find and fasten her boots on when they were ready to go.

"I am looking good?" She asked, turning to Re to let him assess what she was wearing. She had worn this assemble before and was fond of it, but she hadn't had a chance to wear something so leisurely with the older male before. Her last visit saw her in her informal pilot wear and flight jacket, the same outfit she had arrived in this time.

TheHolo.Net Poster
    AKA
    Mitch
    "You look lovely, it suits you well" he assured her with a smile, "Though we may pick up a lighter top for you while we're out today. Jovan does get a bit warm around the promenade." He wiggled his bare toes to emphasize.

"Was thinking of a nice day out," Anauri continued. "Show you around my station, sample some different restaurants, maybe take in a show, if you like." It wasn't the most exciting of plans, but Anauri also wasn't the most exciting of men - a thing his ex-wife had chided him about whenever he tried to arrange their date nights. What it was, however, was honest. A true look at his life, so that Stashia could decide for herself if she wanted more than just passionate nights with him.

"Oh, and we'll probably be doing dinner with Joey, tonight. My son," he added. That flush of embarrassment came back to pinken the insides of his ears. "I'm really sorry about last night. I had intended to introduce you to him, but that wasn't really what I had in mind. He... came back into my life unexpectedly a few months ago, and we've been working on catching up and being a family again. I do hope you'll like him, Stashia. He's a bit rambunctious, but he's a good kid."

Immediately he winced inside. He'd said "kid" in reference to Joey's age, which he pegged to be quite near Stashia's. While he could play this one off as simply a father talking about his son, Anauri knew he was going to have to be more careful with his words, going forward.

She had not considered that a station in space would be a place to be concerned about warm weather, and had packed expecting that to be the case. Yes, they likely should pick up something a bit lighter for her time here as her other clothes weren't much better. Anauri laid out his day and she felt at bliss. It was such a normal day. Shopping, entertainment, food. It was... comfortable. Stashia loved exciting things certainly, but it was also what she did for a living. First as a pilot, then as a Jedi, which admittedly was not that exciting, yet, but had the potential to be. Even if it were not, she was still a pilot. She wanted something she could come home to that gave her a rock, a steady sense of being without having to constantly adjust for courses, wind and air variables and the litany of other minutia she had to keep track of while flying. She was excited to take the time here to recharge, in fact.

Ah and dinner with Jofar. That would be nice, he did seem like a good... kid. Hmm. He didn't seem so very young, he couldn't have been that much younger than... she... was.

ады

She had never even considered just how deep the gulf between them was. Re was distinguished, battle-tested and mature. Exactly the type of man she adored the most, but their ages were also quite distant from one another. It was one thing to have a romantic tryst with someone, it was another to suddenly think of a future with them.

ады

She repeated again in her head. How would she introduce him to papa, to mama? 'Yes, this is boyfriend, Re. He is your age, so there is being much for you to talk about.' Not a conversation she particularly looked forward to. She looked at him again, seeing the salt-and-pepper to his muzzle the lines of his age on his face, and thought to herself how handsome he was. She was certain there was more to appraise there, a serious conversation she should be considering, but that was her first thought. She chased away her insecurity. He was worth the trouble, she was certain of that. Even if she was young still, no male had ever made her feel like she did with him.

"I am looking forward to you showing me your station Re. There is still so much of it I want to see." She smiled happily at him, sitting back down on the edge of the bed as she began to tie up her boots.

TheHolo.Net Poster
    AKA
    Mitch
    Anauri remained barefoot, enjoying the sensation as it was a constant reminder that he wasn't on duty. As Chief Engineer, and as an engineer in general in a naturally zero-gravity environment, he'd learned the importance of always having mag-boots, just in case. But today he wasn't Chief Engineer Rabeak, he was simply Anauri, and that was a delightful relief.

But then came some worry, and he sat back down as Stashia laced her boots with military precision.

"Um, Stashia, before we go out, there's something I need to tell you. Something you need to know," he said. The fingers of his left paw gripped his knee as he did while nervous, fiddling a bit with a fold of the fabric of his khakis. "It's about Joey, and, why I'm no longer married to his mother."

Another sigh, he was stalling. His left paw tensed, index finger twitching a bit from side to side. "Joey's mother divorced me because of something I did. Something I did for him. See, I always wanted him to be happy, and I tried to be a good dad, but..." He paused, shaking his head again to try and get himself back on track.

"No. Damn it, I was a good dad," he stated. "And I'm just going to say it: Joey prefers males. Exclusively."

It was a heavy admission for one from Nehantish to state, knowing the adversity such preference faced, there, but he had to know how Stashia felt on the matter.

She stopped what she was doing to watch Re as he spoke, the worry over something that ate at him evident as she watched his nervous habits. It couldn't be anything too bad, certainly? But it seemed to be worrying him so. Something about his son, about Jofar. As a father it was understandable for him to be worried about...

Then the words "Why I'm no longer married to his mother." Stashia felt her breath hitch an immediate pang of dread filling her chest as he seemed to fight against telling her what was bothering him. She gave him time, space to get it out at his own rate.

"No. Damn it, I was a good dad, and I'm just going to say it: Joey prefers males. Exclusively."

She had expected the worst. Some hidden family secret that had destroyed them, torn them apart, ruined their lives and... she blinked, head tilting to the side at the words as her ears lay flat for a moment then perked back forward as she worked that through in her head. "Is... is that it?" She said a bit sheepishly, not wanting to make it seem like it was less important than Re clearly found it to be. It was still somewhat frowned upon, certainly, but it was not that big of a deal anymore, unpleasant looks certainly but that was... wait. The realization hit her like a truck. She was Kroskovan. Part of the Midlothian union. Re was Nehantish. She winced at how immediately dismissive she had been, impacted by her own younger age and acceptance of such a thing.

"Re." She paused, bringing a paw to her mouth to consider the best way to respond. This was important to him, difficult for him to speak of. She understood why, though she did not have the history someone from Nehantish would. "If you are asking, am I being okay with this? I am. I have known... one or two like this. Well enough that I am knowing there is nothing wrong with who they are. What they feel. I am not understanding it, but I am not judging." She stood up and went over to rest her hand on his, gripping it to assure him she was still here. "Jofar is your son. And you love him, and that is wonderful. Even if I did not understand this, I would be trying to. Because it means much to you." He needed to know that she was here for him, in all ways that mattered. She wanted to be.

TheHolo.Net Poster
    AKA
    Mitch
    "...is that it?"

The words hit Anauri in the face like a haughty slap. He knew Stashia didn't mean them that way, that she was an outsider to his family's pain, yet his mind immediately surged to anger at his son's hardships being so trivialized.

But before he could speak, Stashia continued, and he could feel his anger wane, melting away as it never should have formed in the first place. She wasn't angry for not having "corrected" Joey, she didn't sneer in disgust the way so many others had, back home, and she wasn't walking out the door because Anauri supported his son. It was new, and different, and Anauri wasn't quite sure what to make of it.

His eyes looked up to Stashia's, his paw turning over beneath hers to grasp it, squeezing lightly. "Thank you," was all he could say at first, a smile slowly returning to his face. "I think you'll like him, when you get to know him. Besides, you two have something in common. He's a fighter pilot, too. Alliance navy, Titan Squadron."

She smiled back at his words, but her face positively lit up at the mention he was a pilot, pink eyes widening in surprise and delight as her mouth curled up into a bright smile.

"фантастика!"

She found herself squeal in delight. "Re, this is wonderful!" Her mind immediately reeled with questions to ask a fellow pilot. Wondering what his ship was like, what stories he had, what missions he had flown. She always enjoyed hearing from other pilots. Each one had stories uniquely their own, best shared over a cold bear with much laughter and camaraderie. It also meant something she could speak to him about, an ice breaker that didn't involve Anauri and one that wouldn't bring up the awkwardness of the night before. She squeezed Anauri's hands again. "If he is pilot, then I am knowing you are raising him right." She said with a soft chuckle, "Only good and proud papa able raise pilot. I am knowing this from experience." She boasted with a humorous tone. She let her paw linger over his a moment longer before straightening up.

"Well then, Anauri Rabeak." She smiled saying his whole name like a title to be worn. "I am very much looking forward to rest of day and of seeing more of your station."

TheHolo.Net Poster
    AKA
    Mitch
    It probably wasn't the best moment to mention that he hadn't encouraged Joey to become a pilot. In fact, once Anauri had found out, he'd tried to talk him out of the dangerous occupation, and find one more befitting his education. So Anauri didn't mention it, instead simply smiling at Stashia, then rose to his feet.

"And I look forward to showing it to you," he chuckled. Wallet, keycards, and personal comm each deposited into the correct pockets, and he offered a crooked arm for Stashia to take as he opened the door. "Was thinking breakfast on the balcony floor, overlooking the main promenade; I know a good place. I'd love to hear how things are going on Ossus. Admittedly I don't know much about the Jedi."

She took his arm, glad to see his oddly chivalrous ways were still present. It was a cute quirk of an older male that she was unaccustomed to. It was endearing. She walked alongside him as she let him lead her out and into the station once more.

"Things are... slow." She admitted. "I am waiting, still, to be assigned a master. Until such time I am initiate, and am studying with groups like myself. It is quite unique though." She laughed, considering everything she had come across while there. "Are you knowing there is medical droid on base who wears clothes? On my honor, actual clothes." She considered the blue droid, who had set a sprained wrist she had gotten while practicing her hand to hand. "Quite lovely though, very kind." She thought about what else had been happening while she was there. "Oh! Big news that is mostly kept to hushed rumor! I am hearing we have former Imperial there now. Defector." She made a shushing motion with one paw.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast