Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The Round-Trip Ticket

Open The Round-Trip Ticket

She sat cross-legged aboard the shuttle. It was irritating to not be allowed to fly a ship of her own, even if it was understandable. She didn't own any of the ships on Ossus and they weren't hers to simply take. нет, instead she found herself aboard a commercial flight bound for Jovan Station. She stilled her excited tail and brushed the headfur from her face with a mischievous grin. Re would be surprised to see her.

The Jedi, as it turned out, weren't entirely unlike her own Kroskovan Air Command. You were allowed, within reason, to request leave. So when Tajdid came around for the season she put in her requests. She had planned on telling the older male Nehantite of her time off. Of making plans.

There was much she had wanted to tell him. Letters she had meant to write, calls she was meant to have made. Every time she had started she would find herself without the words to say. These were matters of the heart, and they were not to be relegated to pen and paper or crackly feeds strung through the stars. You said these things in person.

So instead she had gone around him. She had put in a call to Ydran Esk'avar the no-nonsense security chief who had seen to gathering her wayward babysitter. He had, begrudgingly, put her in contact with personnel allowing her to confirm that no, her Re would not be leaving the station - or at least had requested no time away. As she knew him to be far too upstanding a male to run from his commitments she expected he would still be present on the station.

She considered how much joy she would find in arriving unexpectedly on his doorstep and seeing his reaction. "Surprise, Re! I am bringing best gift I am thinking of. Myself." The thought turned sour at the sudden realization at just how much of this trip hinged on him being present. Turmoil roiled momentarily inside her until she calmed herself.

"один... два... три... четыре... пять..."

She breathed in slow and relaxed in her native Kroskovan. Things would be alright. Even if for some reason Re were not present she could find reason to be here, and could always make an excuse for why she must remain for an unexpected length. The Jedi were not such task-masters as to prevent her from seeing a loved one, surely. As the ship docked and the crowd began to murmur and rise from their seats to disembark she began to ponder if Re still had any of that Kroskovan Vodka left. The two of you had hit it, and other things, rather hard when last you were together.

The black-furred Jedi, and for truth it was what she had chosen to become, even if she were merely at the first steps of that journey, walked back onto Jovan Station with her heart threatening to leap into her throat.

TheHolo.Net Poster
    AKA
    Mitch
    The last minutes of a workday were always the longest, yet Anauri was certain that time all across the universe slowed down to even more excruciating levels during the final minutes of the last workday before a weekend. Then there were the last minutes before a holiday weekend, where time seemed to stop entirely. His pink eyes stared at the timeclock, waiting for what felt like an eternity until at last it clicked over to the next hour.

That was it, his shift was done. Communications had been forwarded to all relevant staff and commanding officers, schedules and rosters were in place, spares for the most common replacement parts were in stock, and the drinking fountain knew it should refrain from ticking. All was well in the world of Engineering on Jovan, which earned its Chief Engineer a lovely three-day weekend.

A weekend in which he still had to find a gift for Joey. The soaring high Anauri had held himself upon fell out from beneath him, as he was back in the quandry he'd been in the weekend before, but now he was totally out of time, and still had no good ideas. Tajdid was important, and this year he had family to spend it with, at last. But what to get for his son was still an absolute mystery.

You still have two days, Re. You'll find something for Joey. He told himself. It was easier when Joey was younger. First set of tools, or a video game console, or his first speeder bike, all the things he'd dreamed of getting for Tajdid when he was a kid, himself. But Joey was a man, now, and that made things immensely more difficult. Still, no matter what he found for Joey, the real gift would be spending Tajdid with a loved one - something he'd been unable to do for years.

Tajdid was a time of joy, and reflection. The renewal of his people, his world. A celebration of the day that life was put into the paws of the people, for them to craft a new way of life by their own efforts, and to share the fruits of their labors with those they loved. And they had done so. As an engineer, Anauri still did. Or at least he would if he could find Joey a damn present!

Tajdid shopping would have to wait for a few minutes, though, as a leaky hydraulic cylinder had made a mess of his shirt that morning, and he hadn't gone back to his quarters during lunch to change. That would be remedied before hitting the promenade, he promised himself, his boots thumping along through corridors after taking the turbolift to his residence level. His uniform jacket went on a coathook once inside, shirt peeled off and tossed into the hamper as he crossed his quarters to the closet. Flipping through hangers, he paused as one shirt stood out, a memory washing back over him. It was the shirt she had worn, that morning.

Memories of Stashia came flooding back, and Anauri let his rough thumbpad rub over the fabric, before lifting it to his muzzle for sniff. No, he couldn't smell her on it anymore, and he sighed as he let the shirt fall back on its hanger once more. She was gone, and he needed to let her go, he told himself. It had just been a fling, apparently. A happy memory, but nothing more. His paws flipped through a few more shirts before selecting a gray short-sleeved number, and pulled it on.

She had not expected to get so turned around. It had not been so long since she was last here, had it? It was only... три, нет шесть ... больше нет... Garfife... had it really been so long? A touch of shame caused her ears to droop, tail dragging as she considered how it would look. She had not called. She had not written or even sent word with someone else. She should... нет. нет, She would not give in to such childish fears. She was Stashia Yachenka. Proud pilot, recipient of the Kroskovan Medal of Merit, Jedi Initiate, she was not some wet eared kit to slink off with her tail between her legs.

She steadied her course and sheepishly asked directions from the first crew member she had managed to find. She was certain she would recall Re's quarters once she had a general sense of direction back about her. She was a pilot... how had she managed to lose all sense of direction on a space station of all things. Finally with a path laid out before her again she walked, her duffel slung across one shoulder to the staff quarters and found the door she had been looking for. She hesitated outside of it, paws nervously playing at her headfur as she considered what she would say when he answered. If he answered, she reminded herself.

"Stashia, you are not knowing if he is even home." She sighed with a heavy breath. Still only one way of knowing for certain, yes? She knocked on the door, pink eyes darting to watch for movement, hopeful and expectant.

TheHolo.Net Poster
    AKA
    Mitch
    The final button on his shirt was loose, and Anauri tugged at it a bit, as if the excess thread were on a tension reel and would simply retract back into place. A new shirt would be nice. Would Joey want a new shirt? Was that a good present? No, Joey already had far too many clothes, even if they all seemed to be a size too small, and if they were what was in fashion, Anauri clearly couldn't consider buying him clothes for Tijdid. A heavy sigh was vented as he looked at himself in the mirror. More gray was peppering his muzzle and temples, and his once-thick headfur was definitely thinning - though not to the bald extent that humans seemed prone to, unfortunate bastards. His base natures forced a flex of one of his arms in the mirror, as if having good biceps would make him look younger. They hardly did, though at least he chuckled and admitted that he wasn't doing too bad for his age.

Gym membership? No, Joey already had that. Another sigh. Getting something off his holonet wish list seemed impersonal, so that was out as well. Not to mention it contained several things that... a father really shouldn't give to his son.

A knock on the door rescued him from his quandry, while presenting a new one entirely. Who would be knocking on his door? Joey would have texted, and most of his senior Engineering staff knew not to bother him after hours unless it was an emergency. Official station contact would have been through his comm, which left precious few options for a random visitor. Forgetting his gift-buying dilemma, as well as the loose button on his shirt, Anauri turned and clunked on over to answer it.

"Yes, can I..." he began as the door slid open. Words failed him immediately after that, mouth hanging open as his eyes went wide. "S-Stashia?" he breathed in disbelief.
    Last edited by Anauri Rabeak; Jun 26th, 2019 at 10:48:09 AM.

She pinned her ears back like a scolded kit at the response. An involuntary reaction, she did feel somewhat guilty for simply appearing on his doorstep once more. But only a very little.

"Hello, Re." She said softly, tail swaying beneath her as she reached up to brush the headfur from her her pink eyes. It was a bit longer than it had been when she was last here, having had no time to seek out a proper stylist on Ossus, if such a person even existed. Her smile brightened as she stood there, drinking him in like a perfectly cooled beer after a long flight. She had missed the sight of him, the scent of him. She wished to kiss him, to throw herself against the older male and savor his musk and taste.

нет. Not yet. "I am sorry I am not calling or contacting you sooner. May I come in?" She motioned at the quarters, heart still in her throat as she waited.

TheHolo.Net Poster
    AKA
    Mitch
    Anauri stood frozen for a moment, his mind fighting with his heart over whose job it was to make any sort of decision. "Y-yes, of course!" he then blurted, stepping back to invite his former lover inside. Gone was his confident maturity, replaced by dumbfounded confusion, and conflicting emotions, until at last the door shut.

"I... I thought I'd never see you again," he admitted. "I waited for you through the night on Ossus, even well into the next day, but you never came back. You didn't even wave goodbye," there was pain in his voice, and he bit his lower lip. "And you never replied to any of my letters. I thought," he paused, looking into Stashia's eyes, his own so full of heartache which had been wrenched back to the forefront of his being, "I thought you were ashamed of me. Of us. What we did."

Now. Now she was feeling ashamed. She turned, pleading look on her face, ears pinning back to her head as she took his paws. "Garfife, no. I would never be ashamed of us. I am... I am sorry. At first I am thinking that I cannot be setting two paths. That I am needing to only walk in one direction. I did..."

She pulled away just slightly, fidgeting with her own paws, "I did write. I just... I am never sending. I keep telling myself, 'Stashia! You must be saying these things to Re! Is only right, is only fair!' But, it... it is always feeling so final." She came back around on him, standing close to him. "But over time, as I read and I learn and I am meditating. I am thinking again and again... and again of you - and every time I am trying to write to say how I am feeling and I am not finding the words."

She rubbed the back of her neck, tail drooping at the pain she had caused to the older male. "У меня это плохо получается." She whispered softly, "In time. In time I am realizing I am looking at it wrong. Is not one course to be set and other to be abandoned. Is long trip with multiple destinations." She took his hands, held them tightly. "And I am deciding, that life is journey I am wanting to enjoy. As pilot. As Jedi. As perhaps more. But most of all." She squeezed his paws, and let her pink eyes lock on his, "That it is journey I am not wanting to travel alone."

"Re, I am never being ashamed of you. What could I possibly have to be ashamed of you for? I am one who is leaving you with no word, no answer. I am one who is to be ashamed. I am тупой идиот." She bowed her head. "I will understand if you ask me to go. I never meant to cause you harm, Re. You are замечательный, that is to say... wonderful."

TheHolo.Net Poster
    AKA
    Mitch
    The words came and came. Anauri did not hear them as much as he felt them as he gazed upon Stashia. There was pain, there. Pain which mirrored his own, along with yearning. As she took his paws, he could feel a lump forming in his throat, choking him softly, and he had to swallow it down in order to find his own words.

"I don't want you to go," he replied, lifting her chin to meet his gaze once more. His eyes never left her, her beauty greater than any vision his memory could have mustered, but it was not just her looks which desired. Something in him had reached out in those few days with her, and it had latched on in a way he had not felt in years. Now, with Stashia before him once more, he could feel that hold still firm, and he let a smile warm his muzzle, pulling a few wrinkles with it. "Honestly I..."

The older Nehantite then blushed, the insides of his ears flushing pink. "I was a little worried that after what we got up to, I might have accidentally left you with child, and you were mad at me." Fuzzy eyebrows lifted, slightly apprehensive. "Did... did I?"

She brought her paw to her mouth, stifling a laugh. "Oh. Oh I am not laughing at you, I promise." She said between gentle sobs of laughter. "Re. I would never be upset at such a thing." She brought her hands back up to smooth out the engineer's headfur. "But нет, no. This is not something you have given to me. Besides." She smiled a bit wickedly at him. "I was military pilot, we have reputation. Well earned. I am taking precautions of my own and have for some time."

She leaned in to nuzzle him gently, wrapping her arms around him, glad to be near to the engineer again after so long. She sighed against his chest with a rumbling murr as she let her tail wrap against their legs. "I cannot promise to be here always, Re." She said softly, "But I want to be here when I can be. I am... this is." She pulled back just enough to give them space for her to look up at him, headfur slipping in front of her soft, and damp, pink eyes. "I am new to this. To this feeling. Lust. Lust I am knowing well." She chuckled softly. "I am not thinking this is lust, lust is not hurting like this."

TheHolo.Net Poster
    AKA
    Mitch
    A sigh of relief washed away Anauri's apprehension of possibly being a father again, though there was a small twinge of sadness at that knowledge as well, which he hadn't expected. But the reveal that Stashia was on birth control made him regret wasting the time it took to buy a box of rubbers, before, or how their limited number affected the pair's previous interactions.

As Stashia leaned in, he let his strong arms pull her close, holding her there to feel the beat of his heart through his chest, and... well, there was no way she wasn't going to feel that too, now, but he tried not to focus on it. A broad paw cupping her cheek as she pulled back, he rubbed it softly with his thumb, and smiled. "No, this isn't lust," he nodded. "I've felt this before, and I'm so glad to feel it again, with you."

Saying no more, the larger Nehantite leaned down to kiss her, kiss her as he dreamt of doing ever since he had let her go.

She heard him tell her this was not lust, even as his body said simply 'No. That is not entirely true' to her as she pressed her form to his, she rumbled deep in her chest at that particular thought and what it would entail for later in the evening. For now it was enough to be held, and as she leaned her muzzle up to his, letting him guide them together, to kiss. It was passionate and deep as she remembered, drawn out all the more by the time apart. Absence truly had made the heart fonder, and she felt hers soar as they came together.

нет.

Not lust. For all that was present and all the pain being away from Re had caused her, being together again with him brought more elation, even without the physical sensation, than she could remember. It was like experiencing her first solo flight again for the first time. She broke the kiss slowly, peppering a second lingering one against his muzzle. She was painfully aware of the pheromones that were in play now, her tail reading the signals and physical interaction of the pair in a more instinctual way. She chuckled low in her throat as she leaned in to nip at his neck "Perhaps we should be reacquainting ourselves?"

TheHolo.Net Poster
    AKA
    Mitch
    Anauri was trying to fight it. His talk of love, of something greater than animal desire, of real feelings, it was all true, but so was the urge which coursed though his body. The low rumble of a male in need could be not only heard in his own deep murr, but vibrating through his whole form as he kissed her back, his paws caressing her back, and her backside.

"I was supposed to be out looking for a Tajdid present," he rumbled quietly, then smiled. "But, I think it can wait."

His tail lashed behind him, partly in excitement, and partly in his role's naturally dominant display, while his paws slowly untucked Stashia's shirt, his fingers raking through the bare fur of her sides as he worked it up. "Though, I'm all out of what I had to wear last time. Is that going to be a problem?"

A quick run to the store was the last thing Anauri, and Anauri's libido, wanted in that moment - both of them deciding that if he wound up becoming a dad again, going without would still be worth it.
    Last edited by Anauri Rabeak; Jun 26th, 2019 at 10:50:26 AM.

She smiled comfortingly as she let her paws rest against his chest and allowed the older male to take the lead. She was typically much more forward, as she had demonstrated in their last time together on the station, but it had been a while and Anauri's tail was providing her clear hints of where his thoughts were. It was oddly charming. She was unaccustomed to taking such a passive role but it felt strangely appropriate in the moment. She let her own tail relent to his dominance, submitting. There would be time later to show she was no mere damsel.

"As I am saying, Re. I am taking precautions, even now. Ossus has quite the wonderful medical facility." She kissed playfully at his muzzle, murring in delight as he ran his fingers through her soft fur. "I am all yours."

TheHolo.Net Poster
    AKA
    Mitch
    The rumble of delight which emanated from Anauri's throat at that confirmation was enough to fill his generous quarters, and clothing began to hit the floor as he half-purred, half-growled while nuzzling her neck. "Mmmf, you have no idea how good it is to hear that," he said. "I hate wearing those damn things."

Those were the final words which passed between them before Anauri lay her back upon his bed, clad in their fur, and gleefully picked up where their relationship had left off.

Thoughts of Tijdad shopping could not have been any further from his mind.

Several hours passed between them and their attempts to rediscover each and every corner of one another. At last Stashia lay draped across Anauri's chest, a drawn out and satisfied rumble of appreciation running through her form. She was content to simply lay against him in the moment an itch that no one else could have scratched finally taken care of. She actually wasn't entirely sure she could move at the moment, and not solely due to the surprising amount of vigorous energy Re had for a male of his age.

It was a good thing she had taken those precautions before leaving Ossus, and now planned on remaining on them - or да, she would very much be expecting kits. Her tail flopped lazily about on the bedspread, torn apart by their time together and she nuzzled at his shoulder, murring in delight. She was certain she had made the right choice in returning. How could she ever believe that time with someone so удивительно was anything but? Splitting her time between Ossus and here would not be an easy feat - but when had she ever taken an easy route. нет, the more challenging path was always the way with most enjoyment and reward.

Joey Rabeak stared at his personal comm, then at the empty seat opposite him at the small table in the Selonian restaurant he'd discovered the week before. Five minutes late wasn't an issue. Ten, still understandable. Fifteen minutes at least deserved a text message. But half an hour late? That was enough to be a problem.

And it wasn't that Anauri had been called back into work on some sort of emergency, either. Joey knew, as he'd texted Gradoona about it, and she'd confirmed that his dad had clocked out on time, and hadn't been seen since. So why wasn't he at dinner? Especially a special dinner that was meant to kick off things for Tajdid! Frustrated, Joey sent another text to his father's comm, only to wait a few minutes for no answer. Either Anauri was avoiding him, or something was wrong.

Paying his tab for the drink he'd ordered, plus a more than generous tip for hogging a table with no real food order, Joey exited the restaurant and beat a path to his father's quarters, simmering with anger for having been stood up. But that anger turned to worry as he realized that Anauri would never intentionally ditch him. Had he fallen ill? Injured himself somehow? Slipped and hit his head in the shower? Heart attack? The possible reasons grew wilder and more intense as Joey picked up his pace, forcing through crowds in the hallway as he nearly broke into a run.

When at last he arrived at Anauri's door, he pressed the buzzer and waited. Nothing. Not a sound. Again. Nothing. After a third time he feared for the worst, so he flipped up the access panel and punched in his dad's universal override code. Technically Joey shouldn't know it, but his dad was a creature of habit, so it had to be one of three old ones for a door panel. Upon entry of the second, the door slid open, and Joey burst into the dim interior.

"Dad! Are you okay?" he blurted. "I was at the - WOAH!"

The younger Nehantite stopped dead in his tracks as his eyes fell upon the bed, and the two bodies entwined upon it. "Holy..." he then managed, his jaw hanging open, eyes wide at what he saw. Immediately he knew how Anauri must have felt upon catching him with Hamesh, yet he couldn't look away. The female was Stashia, he guessed, from her black fur, and his dad was... apparently good for another round, still.

A hard swallow and a look of panic were what met Anauri's eyes as the older Nehantite startled to attention.
    Last edited by Joey Rabeak; Jun 26th, 2019 at 10:51:25 AM.

TheHolo.Net Poster
    AKA
    Mitch
    "Joey!" Anauri half-bellowed, half yelped at the sudden surprise of his adult son standing there. Realization of what was on display, sent his paws scrambling for a sheet, followed by an inelegant yank to try and cover himself and Stashia, though it didn't work as well as hoped due to how badly they had tangled his bedding. When he realized Joey was still staring - and at what - he snapped. "Other way!"

Joey's squeak of fearful compliance to the demand accompanied his quick heel-turn, along with a paw slapped over his eyes, just in case.

Taking the moment to properly cover himself with the sheet, and at least Stashia's lower half, he then cleared his throat. After such an amazing evening, the sudden intrusion was like being hit with a bucket of ice water, though he soon found the humor in it, having caught Joey in similar situations before.

"You... you can turn back around now," he grunted at last. "This better be good."

Slowly, cautiously Joey turned on the heel of his expensive leather loafers, and parted his the fingers of the paw covering his eyes before pulling it away. Swallowing again, he allowed himself to look once more, this time going for faces instead of... Oh damn, adjusting himself wasn't going to be possible without severe awkwardness. Hopefully his dad and this female wouldn't notice?

He was wearing skinny chinos, they were totally going to notice.

Blame it on the smell in here, his higher reasoning told him.

Thankfully a different set of words came out of his mouth. "I, uh, missed you at dinner. Came to see if you were okay," he explained, feeling stupid. Then he looked stupid as he quirked an eyebrow and cocked his head. "Wait, she's real?"

Despite Anauri having told Joey about Stashia, Joey had thought it was just some lame excuse for not having a love life anymore. He'd never thought Stashia was actually real!

She had nearly been thrown off the bed, and quite out of her blissful afterglow when a voice had called out from the doorway and things had gone belly up. For herself near literally as in the attempt right the sheets and get them covered she had been flipped from her position across Anauri to his side, paws digging in to find purchase and keep from sliding straight off onto the floor from her momentum. She had succeeded, but the remnants of Anauri and her time together had most definitely shifted about and the sheets were going to need washed before they were used again. She managed to scramble under the covers alongside the older Nehantite, a curse in Kroskovan on he breath.

She had apparently kept Re from dinner as well.

проклятье!

She would have to make amends with both Re and... she looked at the younger Nehantite. Around her age, quite handsome in a way that stood out to her much like Anauri did. She had been about to apologize when her ears perked forward and she blinked at his other words.

"What are you meaning 'She's real?'" She said with an indignant lilt to her tone. Looking first at this intruder then back to Anauri expectantly. "Re, who is this... how are you saying соглядатай? Peeper? Peeping, spy. This spy." She tried not to let her eyes wander too far down, having already noticed his response to the situation they had been discovered in and trying not to call additional attention to it.

TheHolo.Net Poster
    AKA
    Mitch
    Anauri wrapped an arm around Stashia's shoulders, pulling her closer to him, while also assuring her that things were okay.

"This spy, is my son, Jofar," he answered, his voice rumbling with annoyance. "We call him Joey, and..." he then sighed, looking up at ceiling. "...and I totally forgot I was supposed to have dinner with him, tonight, after you showed up."

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast