Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: The T'nuah Boxes: A Xanatos and Teagan Mystery

SW-Fans.Net Poster

Tak fanG
    ...my daddy smells like wine

Has been a member for 5 years or longer
    Looking up from the flames, Teagan blinked owlishly at him for a few moments before propping her arms up on her knees.

"I hunt a lot," she finally admitted, biting her lower lip as she kept her eyes on the fire.

"Some stuff I learned from the Cizerack when they were still here, but most I just sort of... knew how to do on my own."

Her mother had once told her that the great secret to keep was the truth of their people, but times had changed, and she was not her mother. In fact, the elder Lupine had even changed her old rules, and acquiesced to the younger's need to be truthful with everyone. The desire to not hide who she was. And now?

Teagan let out a long breath then, and finally sent her gaze to Xan.

"I'm going to do something, but I want you to not freak out, ok?"

Xanatos wasn't entirely surprised she was someone already familiar with hunting - people don't usually suggest it unless they have some history with it. He hadn't even considered hunting for food before she'd mentioned it. She was nervous about something though, and if it wasn't that then what was it?

"I'm going to do something, but I want you to not freak out, ok?"

He blinked a bit at the request, what could she possibly do, say or show that would freak him out at this point? He was a former Imperial Intelligence officer who had defected to live with the Jedi - he certainly felt like there was nothing that could catch him off guard at this point. A small voice in the back of his head, remnants of his time with the Empire tried to warn him of dangers and attacks and treachery. He shook off those concerns like brushing away a nattering insect. He trusted Teagan, he trusted the Jedi, and more importantly he was learning to trust the Force - and it had led him here, hadn't it?

"Alright." He said with a small nod and waited for her to continue at her own pace.

SW-Fans.Net Poster

Tak fanG

She stared at him for a moment longer before slowly leaning to the side in a motion that sent her upwards; first to her knees, then to her feet. Moving over to a large rock that rested along the edge of the clearing, Teagan sat down. Her shoes were the first things to come off, followed by her socks. Bare feet rested on the ground then, and she wriggled her toes into the dirt. It felt good; natural.

"You've heard of... shapeshifters, right?"

Methodically, she began to unbutton the well-worn overshirt she wore. Without ceremony, she shrugged the tan garment from her shoulders and set it beside her.

"I mean, I guess it would be weird if you hadn't, what with Clawdites and all."

When she'd sat down and began removing her shoes and socks he'd knit his brow, a moment of concern set in when her hands then moved toward her shirt. Had there been some kind of miscommunication or mistake in what their relationship was, or what she thought it was, and if so he'd need to speak up immediately to rectify that. The question about shapeshifters had snapped him away from that conversation instantly, his head making a small lilt to one side in confusion.

What was she suggesting - and why did he suddenly feel as if he'd arrived at one of the story twists, like when Alex Khine had stumbled into the truth behind the Mandalorian hunter's helmet found at the scene of the crime in the Holocron Heist.

"I'm... familiar with them, yes." he finally said honestly and waited to see where the question was going. As an Imperial Intelligence officer he had been familiar with Clawdites. There was always a use in intel gathering for someone who could change their face and appearance.

SW-Fans.Net Poster

Tak fanG

All of the outer bits of her clothing had been removed and set aside. But, she was still a bit shy with the last stuff; namely, the stuff that kept her all-the-way covered. Looking at him, Teagan lifted her arm, the fingers of her hand curling in except for the index, which she used to make a swirling motion.

"Turn around."

Unlike her mother, she was still shy about simply stripping down to her naked body in front of people.

"I'll keep talking for a little bit, but I'd rather you not see me... naked, you know?"

"Oh! Of course, sorry." Xanatos stood and turned, taking the extra step to close his eyes as well. He didn't have to, turning away would have been enough, but there was something instinctual in the act. Someone asks you not to look, you go all the way and make sure you're definitely not going to betray their trust, even accidentally.

He was left wondering what kind of shapeshifting Teagan had been talking about. She'd mentioned Clawdites, and he hadn't thought her one, but would he have known if she were? It was rather exciting, honestly. A mini mystery within their larger adventure.

SW-Fans.Net Poster

Tak fanG

She watched him turn away, waiting a few extra moments before slowly grasping at the bottom edge of her undershirt. One last hesitation as she made sure he was definitely not looking, and she pulled up quickly, tugging the garment off. Her pants came next, as well as her underwear. Those she tucked inside of her trousers before rolling everything up tightly. Just as private as her naked body were her underthings, and the young Lupine made sure that they were unseen.

Gingerly she stood up, and one last look to Xan, Teagan let her body melt into itself. The tendons and muscles moved over changing bones, and with a grunt she felt herself pitch forward. She caught herself with her hands, head bent down as she watched her own fingers widen and grow thick. A wild mane of mottled grey fur sprouted like wildfire, traveling over her entire body as she ground her teeth in the uncomfortable transition. And yet, it was wonderful all the same.

She felt her tail unfurl, the bony appendage stretching out like a ribbon streamer; except, the poisonous barb at the tip belied any sort of innocence to it.

Large ears crowned her head, skewing about as she took in the sudden cacophony of sounds from the forest that could now be heard.

And then it was complete, and she felt so much relief.

The vornskr gave a snort, then a sneeze, and turned to see that Xan was still facing away. She moved then, a slow, cautious creep that brought her around to the front of him. His eyes were closed, even, and inwardly Teagan felt a small wave of appreciation for that small gesture. So minuscule, yet it meant so much!

Gingerly she lowered herself to sit on her haunches, tail lazily flopping from one side to the other, and a moment later she let out a gentle huff while lifting a foreleg and pressing the calloused pads of her paw against his leg.

Xanatos had managed to keep a steady mind despite the noises happening behind him, though he did feel the grip on his left hand tighten for a moment when they had first started an instinctual call back to his sword training, his ready hand preparing to withdraw his blade at a moment's notice. A blade, he reminded himself, he no longer owned. Old habits were hard to quit, and trained movements and muscle memory far harder than that. Still eventually the noises had stopped and he was left with the sound of nothing. No, not quite nothing - a soft and well-trained movement, almost imperceptible at first. Still, he kept his eyes closed. She would tell him when it was appropriate to do otherwise.

No voice came then, but the sound of a breath of air from deep and powerful lungs resonated in front of him, the feeling of weight and pressure against his leg a moment later. He cracked an eye slowly, and felt himself lose a step as he was greeted by a wolfish beast - a shock of fear surging through him as both eyes snapped open. He did not scream, nor attempt any further movements other than the one step back he had made in his immediate shock, instead he found his brow furrowing, eyes darting to note no other presence.

"..Teagan?" She had warned him not to freak out, and he was trying to abide by that request as much as he could manage.

SW-Fans.Net Poster

Tak fanG

The tail seemed to go still for a fraction of a moment before it looped back around to wrap lazily in front of her fore paws. Toothy maw opening in a 'smile', the vornskr switched her ears forward.

She didn't need to make a sound, as her body motions would be enough to answer his question.

Xanatos could feel the hair standing on the back of his neck. He had moved out of the mystery section of the bookstore at some point and found himself now firmly planted in fantasy, or perhap even horror fiction. The vornskr that was Teagan, which... is a very odd thought to try and process, moved in a casual manner to show him it was still her. That even without vocally addressing him, and he wasn't actually sure he could handle Teagan's voice coming from the animal right now and keep his fleeting grasp on sanity, he could trust her.

He leaned down slowly, bending one knee so they could once against be on something approaching eye level. "This is... incredible." He said as a million thoughts and questions started to filter through past the initial concerns and even momentary shock of fear. Any thought of dinner, the reason she had changed into this form, was light-years away from where his head was now.

SW-Fans.Net Poster

Tak fanG

He was committed, and she was ready.

With a small yip, the vornskr skittered back, her tail swishing back and forth as she felt her chest rise and fall with expectation. He knew it was her, and he hadn't run away! He was interested!

The young Lupine felt her body give a shiver of anticipation, as she crouched low, giving a bizarre smile as her front end angled down, head looking up. There was a game to be had from all of this, and she wanted him to understand that.

Xanatos really wished his family had raised canines now with the actions. There was something here she was telling him, but he didn't know the body language - didn't recognize the odd... wait. He didn't know vornskr body language, true. But he did know body language, it had been a vital part of his training as an intelligence officer. He needed to remember that, there were other species he could draw on his understanding of for this.

The tail sway was a sign of playfulness, as was the posture now that he recognized it. Her frame was full of anxious energy. He'd accepted before that this was her, but now watching the movements, the energy she had for the 'game' she was playing. He knew it was her. His smile brightened.

"Alright Teagan, what are we doing?" This was her game, and that meant she knew the rules.

SW-Fans.Net Poster

Tak fanG

He knew. He understood. It was more than she could hope for!

A mere moment passed after his query that she let out a yipping bark, her entire body hopping back in anticipation and excitement.

He wanted to follow her lead, and she was more than happy to do just that.

Only, there was no way to verbalize that, so she simply fell back on the Force and nature.

Follow. Stay close.

it was a feeling that she projected outward, hoping that he could understand.

Bounding off through the brush, she went along for a few meters before pulling up, and her head swiveled to make sure that he was following.

The former noble watched Teagan bound forward and yip at him again - tracking her to see if he could pick up on what she was asking him to do in all of this. His senses were so focused on her movements, her little 'vocalizations' of barks and yips that the sudden feeling to follow her, to stay close nearly knocked him over.

He had opened himself up to the moment to the world around him and it had been answered back through the Force.

He started moving just as quickly as she had, a step behind her and keeping pace.

SW-Fans.Net Poster

Tak fanG

She moved quickly along, nose down as she scented the ground and all of its dirt and roots and leaves. Making sure that she didn't go too far ahead, the young Lupine every so often pulled up, twisting her head around so that she catch a glimpse of Xan.

And he always was.

It was a nice feeling, to share this moment with someone other than her parents.

Snout 9nce more returning to the ground, she caught a whiff of something wild, and with an excited bark, the vornskr dashed ahead.

As she sniffed at a trail, searching out something Xanatos remembered the hunt. The very reason she'd taken this form. In the excitement of the moment, the surprise of her transformation Xanatos had near completely forgotten about it.

She bounded off ahead of him, fast on the trail of something, and the blue-haired man found himself rushing to follow, trying not to disturb the brush too much as he did.

SW-Fans.Net Poster

Tak fanG

The Jakrab was a rangy thing, long of limb and quick. But, she'd had experience in her time here, with hunting the local wildlife. The frantic creature had burst out of a small shrub, disturbed by the sound of her paws, and in anticipation her jaw opened. The small creature darted to the right, but she'd anticipated, and her neck craned over, teeth going around a small neck. A quick crush, and the corded muscles of her shaggy neck gave a quick shake.

The jakrab felt no pain, its neck snapped in less than a second.

Skidding to a halt, Teagan stood, her chest heaving in spent exertion, her prize still held aloft in her jaws, and as her ears picked out Xan behind her, she pivoted around to present their dinner.

She had taken off like a shot, with bestial speed and left him behind to catch up. The sound of skidding paws and the shake of an animal ahead of him was his own signal to what had changed before he got to where she sat, and turned, to find the prize she had caught.

The jakrab looked like a toy in her muzzle with it's limp form. Xanatos' walk slowed as he approached her, standing ahead he looked at her with appreciation. She had told him that she had hunted often. This is what she had meant, and her skill in the hunt was evident in not just her success, but in the efficiency as well. He offered a hand to her, to take the jakrab if she wished to deliver it to him.

"I can take this back and get started on it, in case you'd like to change back."

SW-Fans.Net Poster

Tak fanG

There was a final hurff, snorted out through her nostrils, and she let him take their dinner from her jaws. His offer to begin preparing it was appreciated, as was the knowledge that he was willing to allow her privacy in changing back. Of course, her clothes were still back at their small camp, and the young Lupine chose to enjoy the last bits of her time on all fours.

As he relieved her of the jakrab, Teagan lifted herself back up to stand. She practically danced all around him as he started back to camp, trotting along for a few paces and dashing off every so often to inspect an errant scent in the underbrush.

Xan had fallen into an easy acceptance, and Teagan was happy to take advantage.

She burst from a bush, a few steps ahead of him, to dash to the other side, intent on inspecting everything she'd missed during her chase. Nose down, the vornskr pushed it through the soft dirt for a few moments before perking up and seeing her blue-haired companion pass her. The next moment she darted forward again, on a winding 'path' that brought her close to his legs, and with a toothy 'smile', she gave a hop with her front end as she nudged her muzzle upward into the lifeless jakrab body in excitement for the meal she knew it would provide them both.

He laughed lowly as she played, bounding in and out of brush to run up on him before rushing off again to explore and sniff. It was easy to forget that this was his friend Teagan with just how natural the canine movements were. Actually, now that he considered it, this felt very natural to Teagan. Her youthful energy, her exuberance. There was definitely a spark of the girl he knew in her actions, or maybe this was simply how she was when she wasn't bound by typical conventions.

It was good to see her spirits so high as they walked back to camp. This had been a difficult thing for her to willingly share, if her tone of voice had been any indication earlier. There would be more questions to ask over dinner, as the reality of the situation was finally settling on him. She had stopped in front of him, happily nosing at the jakrab which gave him a chance to talk to her when he was certain she wouldn't rush back off into the brush.

"Camp's not far ahead. I'll head into the tent to start cleaning our little friend here." He gave the jakrab a little wiggle to indicate, "So you can have some privacy."

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast