Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345

Thread: The T'nuah Boxes: A Xanatos and Teagan Mystery

SW-Fans.Net Poster

Tak fanG
    ...my daddy smells like wine

Has been a member for 5 years or longer
    "None of us are ever really good people."

She looked at his with a strange expression. Something of a mix between understanding and encouragement.

"It's all about making sure it counts by trying to be good."

Another almost oversized bite, and Teagan chewed hungrily before swallowing.

"I mean, you're here now, you're trying to do the right thing," the young Lupine flashed a smile, "... so that counts for a lot, I'd say."

He gave a soft smile at the Lupine and nodded, even if it was clear his heart was not fully in it. This would be an issue to struggle with, he was already sure.

"I suppose that is all any of us can do. Try to do the right thing, and... of course, trust in the Force."

He thought on it a moment long, a more resolute nod slowly forming. "Thank you Teagan. I think I needed to hear that."

SW-Fans.Net Poster

Tak fanG

Through another bite, she smiled at him.

"We're all here for something, yeah?"

She had swallowed, licking her lips as she'd spoken those words.

The girl gave another grin, then tucked in to her own meal once more, happily disappearing at least half of her dinner in a disturbingly short amount of time. The jakrab was gamey, but delightful all the same.

"You think," she gave a swipe to her lips with her palm, trying to wipe away the greasy remnants of her food, "... I mean, it's not like there's much we have to go on. Just old lore and legend. But, I mean, do you think that there's anything to these boxes? I know we both saw those journal entries, but do you ever get a little bit of... kheh'seh'a... not sure of intents?"

There was a strange expression that fell across her features then, as if she was apologetic about her occasionally persistent lack of Basic.

"We're looking for something good, right?"

It was a strange sort of plea for confirmation for this strange adventure that the two had set out upon was indeed a thing worth investigating.

Xanatos glanced up from what little remained of his own food, having taken the moments between the conversation to return to it, and finish what little meat he could from the small jakrab. He had momentarily considered biting into the bone and simply eating everything that was before him, before one of his mother's old constant reminders of being above the common gentry and not stooping to the rest of his people's eating habits sprang to mind. The thought of if he should bother with such formality any longer weighed on his mind until the conversation changed topics and his attention was drawn back to his friend.

It was a bit of a wild pelikki hunt, and there was an uncertainty to their goal and it's nature - but there was also an air of adventure, of discovery. The longer he focused on that aspect of it, the more certain his resolve became and a slow, deep nod began in response.

"We're unraveling a mystery." he said somberly, "I have to believe that the value in what we're doing is in the search, that the end result will be the knowledge we gain from the journey. Even if we were learn that the box isn't what we hope it is, or even that it doesn't exist. We'll have still gained something from the experience." He raised a finger, eyebrows arching as a thought occurred to him and he leaned over to dig into one of the rucksacks. He hadn't thought to mention it earlier, but he had managed to acquire a small, outdated datapad. A parting gift from the requisition officer he had made his unsuccessful attempt to get climbing gear from, with a mention of writing down potential hobbies - as he had written the request for gear off as being - in order to find out which ones were viable with the current level of trust he had earned. Finding it he held it up with a triumphant smile.

"We should chronicle our experience, then we'll know for certain that there has been something gained by all of this, at the very least we'll have something to add to the record."

SW-Fans.Net Poster

Tak fanG

Her eyes lit up at that, and Teagan felt her features brighten into an eager smile at the thought of documenting their adventure. It wasn't something she'd even considered, which was strange in its own way since she had begun to - as of late - develop her mother's penchant for writing. She had even saved up credits from her weekly allowance that Zem made sure she received, and bought herself a journal. It was an old-style book, with actual paper pages. The cover wasn't fancy and leather like the ones her mother had, but it worked well enough for what she'd bought it for.

"Yes!"

With one hand waving the bony remnants of a hind leg into the air, she felt her enthusiasm renewed.

"That's perfect!"

Scootching closer then, she brought the leg back down and lifted it to her mouth, crunching the bone into two pieces before taking one half with her free hand and bringing both up to suck out the tiny trickle of marrow left inside. It was a rich taste, deep and full of earthy flavor that lasted but a moment owing to the scant amount available.

Licking her lips, she tossed the two halves off into the brush.

"Do you have anything written up yet? Or were you waiting until now to do that?"

"Honestly..." He smiled awkwardly, a hand rubbing the short hairs at the back of his neck, the longer strands of blue falling over the back of his hand like so many accusatory words at the lack of planning on this particular idea, "it just sort of came to me now." The Mithosian let out a small chuckle and shook his head haphazardly. "Though I suppose that simply makes the acquisition of this - " He held up the datapad to emphasize the object at the word 'this' "more fortunate than I'd originally expected."

He pressed the power button and waited the several seconds it took to come fully online, definitely an outdated model. He opened the writing tool and begin typing with the onscreen keyboard.

The T'Nuah Boxes Mystery

He looked at his young friend with an uncertain acknowledgement. "Where do we start? Should we just be highlighting what we find, or should we start from the beginning at the Library?"

SW-Fans.Net Poster

Tak fanG

It was a question that stopped her short for a few moments, trying to think of the best way to start such a journal.

"I guess... "

Pursing her lips, the girl furrowed her brow as she pondered.

"Well, I guess we should start at the library. That's where we found out about the boxes."

Licking the last of her dinner's drippings from her fingers, she went on.

"Least, that's what I'm thinking... " she couldn't help her grin, basking in the happiness of a full belly and their current adventure, "... I think it's going to be a great story no matter where you start it, though. "

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345