Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: House of the Cat Lady

TheHolo.Net Poster
    AKA
    Natacha
    While Roxane hoped Esoterica would stick around the Moonstone Cafe, except for some festivals, she knew it was quite selfish. She wanted Nara around. Denying that would be horribly delusional; but they were a band, and she was going to deal with her worst Pryio for at least a couple of months. As much as the changes were unpredictable, they normally lasted at least two months. But then, what could she truly predict? She mostly could work around what plagued her and grow and become a better person.

Being pulled into multiple directions was always the worst for her. Dealing with one set of desires was one thing, dealing with multiple and also all the fears and shit that happened was another one.

She would pull through anyway. She just hoped that it would not be a problem in her budding relationship with the Galliard.

"Of course. Having been on my own for so long has made me disliked rigid structure; so it's important for me people have options."

She bowed her head to the brunette as she said that she and the band would do whatever they can to help.

"I appreciate it. I don't share that much about my messed up Pryio. I just register as eccentric, which is a very Bastet thing anyway," she replied with a small chuckle.

"I'll likely be able to make better progress going through the journals because of insomnia."

She gestured towards the bunch of empty muffin trays.

"And I can't bake when in kitty form."

When Nara said that she would reconvene with the band, and they'd come back and pack up, she nodded, still relieved the Garou didn't take her admission badly.

"Sounds good. I'll print the final version of the contract, and bring it here. Then I promise not to chew your chords."

SW-Fans.Net Poster

What a fine looking bitch.
    Has been a member for 5 years or longer
    As happy as she was to hear Roxane's research would amp up, Nara didn't like knowing it was because of the shift in moods. Hopefully this was helpful for Roxane to do with the insomnia and not something she felt obligated to do.

She held the Bastet's gaze, eyes serious and spoke in a strong voice that was reminiscent when she swore the oath. "What you share about your tribe stays between us too. The band doesn't need to understand the specifics. They've seen a lot and being kin, they get we all got our eccentricities."

The negotiations were done and just needed a quick talk and signatures, but this was far more important.

"So ... if you need to do something more for you than me, just do that. Journals aren't going anywhere." She nodded. "Okay?"

Then she smiled. "But I'm not sure I can argue against baking. Paul will be sad."

TheHolo.Net Poster
    AKA
    Natacha
    The air felt as if crackling, a testimony to the supernatural forces at play and that coursed through their veins. They might not be the same species but they remained particular beings whose humanity was but a fraction of what they truly were.

Roxane felt as if Nara could see straight into her complicated soul as their eyes met. Her voice had this very Galliard haunting vibration to it.

"Thank you for understanding, Nara."

While she was opening up to the Garou with greater ease than she would have ever expected, she felt uncomfortable at the thought of letting the rest of the band know. Maybe one day it would change. Time would tell.

"I want to find those journals for you. And having things to do, including for others, actually helps during those times. But I'll remember what you said."

That was about the best promise she could make.

She relaxed and chuckled at what the Garou added about baking.

"I'm happy there are other people to eat my baked goods, so I don't end as a plump cat you need to roll around."

She stood up and walked to the brunette's side, resting a hand on her shoulder.

"I'll meet you guys here in a few minutes with the contracts and as a somehow behaved cat."

She gave Nara's shoulder a gentle squeeze and disappeared into a nearby hallway.

SW-Fans.Net Poster

Nara hated how the sound of her name on Roxane's lips made her revel and wanted to hear it again, senses already heightened and on edge with everything budding between them.

"Alright," she said and leaned back unconsciously as if the scant distance would temper her feelings. She was here for Roxane as a friend. "Cool. Since it helps."

But the bubbly laugh couldn't be contained picturing Roxane as a chonky cat that she needed to nudge around by the foot, rolling her room to room. "I dunno. Paul might end up getting that way depending on how much ya bake."

The guy was a bottomless pit but still.

When Roxane reached for her, Nara stopped breathing. It was a stupid reactionary thing to do, but the Garou swooned. All internally of course.

"Course ... " It was a lame response but all she had. Roxane had rendered the Galliard speechless. An incredible feat.

Watching Roxane go, Nara sat there and stared at the hallway the Bastet disappeared into.

This is dumb. I just got outta a relationship that was ... brutal. In every sense. And now here I am pining over another, practically, immortal woman. She's not Brigid tho. There's no fighting. Pool hustling. Secrets. Well... there are secrets cuz, shit, we're still getting to know each other, but she's been more honest with me then Brigid ever was. Fuck...

She wouldn't say or do anything stupid that would go against the promise she made in helping Roxane, but that hand squeezing her shoulder? Her mind couldn't helping wandering and focused on the lingering presence and heat that was there.

"YO NARA!" Paul's voice broke through her thoughts like a chainsaw. It startled her enough that she visibly stiffened. "These scones are amazing!"

Vicki gently approached and took a seat to redirect the Garou, eying the Garou curiously before her gaze softened knowingly how on edge Nara was. "How did negotiations go?"

The question was simple and allowed Nara to refocus. "Good. Roxane'll be back with the contract and its the best one we've ever gotten."

"Really?" Paul came to sit by Vicki, licking fingers clean.

"Yeah. Gotta go over some days to pick for practice and play, but the money's good for all the time we're getting. Probably haveta to store the gear in the van and back at the apartment, but yeah. It's a really sweet gig once you see it." Nara half smiled as she stared off. "She pays well normally, but kinda gave us a raise. She really liked our performance."

"Uh huh." Tongue in cheek, Vicki crossed her arms.

Nara shot her an accusatory look. "What?"

"Oh ... nothing."

"That was not a nothing. That was a something. So what?"

"Answer me this first?"

The Garou rolled her eyes. "Fine. What?"

"What was the increase? In the pay."

"Well... we get to play four times a week ..."

"Four times a week?!?!" Ethan was normally calm but even this came as a surprise to him "Seriously?!"

"Uh yeah ..." Nara shrugged.

"We've never got to play that often anywhere ..." Kevin pointed out. "Even when Fiona pulled strings."

"True ..." The Garou couldn't argue. "So let's be happy she really likes us?"

"Yameanyou," said Paul with a fake sneeze.

Vicki rolled her eyes and smacked him behind the head. "That was so childish."

"But no less true," he countered as Nara fought a blush while trying to hide her face.

TheHolo.Net Poster
    AKA
    Natacha
    Merde. Pitie non. C'est une tres tres mauvaise idee.

Roxane scolded herself as she forced herself to walk away without looking back at Nara. If she started to mutter to herself in French, she knew it was bad.

She was yearning for the Galliard, and given her antisocial pryio kicking in, she knew it was really bad. She didn't want to fuck things up. She knew she had a tendency to be too much for her partners, and what she was already feeling towards Nara wasn't just simple lust, which could have been easier to handle. They had an oath between them, and the blonde didn't want to plague the Garou with her issues. Sure thing, she had been working on them and made efforts if she sat down and gave her mental health an objective look.

She slammed the door of her office more than intended, which made her stop and groan. Maybe she should just go home and curl up on her bed and take a very long cat nap.

She didn't want too though.

Taking a deep breath, she walked to her desk and corrected the contract before printing it. She rolled it up and kept it as such with a rubber band.

Kitty shape would help, right? It always did.

She put her clothes away and shifted, the feeling of bones and flesh always a bit painful. It brightened her focus though.

She soon meowed and stretched. Eyeballing the nearby scratch post, she lashed out at it for a minute, blowing off some steam.

Sauntering towards the door, she hissed as she realized the cat door had got stuck.

Brilliant, fucking brilliant.

She knew scratching it open wouldn't happen.

Glaring at the door knob, she wiggled her feline ass and jumped after it several times.

That bloody door knob was just taunting her.

She had a contract to give, and she had just cornered her own self.

She could shift back but within minutes and in her bad mood it would probably be extra painful and around pryio change times, shifting back and fort too quickly could mean splitting migraines and nausea.

So she sat down away from the door so it wouldn't whack into her whenever someone would open it.

And she meowed, loudly.

SW-Fans.Net Poster

"Just ... focus!" She cut through the siblings threatening banter and sighed. "It's a good deal, right? And there's a stipulation we can play at other venues if it doesn't interfere here."

Kevin and Ethan both shared an approving glance at that.

"Also, E and Vic ... Roxane's cool with you two taking over the social media accounts. Getting the word out. Making shit to pass around and post."

That made Vicki's eyes light up. The bassist was liking how the band was being included in things. "Nice."

Ethan agreed. "Real nice. Once we look over the contract, we can start figuring out ideas."

"Awesome." Nara was glad to see and hear the band getting into this more. "I'm sure Roxane trusts you but until she gets used to your style of marketing, let's run things past her first."

"Yeah." He nodded. "Totally fair. We don't wanna take advantage of her generosity."

"No we don't." Nara appreciated that because that was exactly what she was trying not to do.

"So ... where is she?" asked Kevin, peering here and there to see where the Bastet had gone off too. "Does it really take this long to bring a contract."

Nara shrugged and looked down the hallway, the rest of her band's eyes following. "I dunno."

But just at the cusp of her hearing, she could've sworn there was a meow. Focusing on that noise, Nara's accentuated hearing as a Garou pinpointed the noise and confirmed that it was a cat's mewl. A constantly, loud, one at that! She recognized it as the same one that she heard when Roxane greeted them in cat form. What didn't make sense was why it was muffled.

"I'll be right back," she started to say when getting up.

Vicki raised a brow. "Something wrong?"

"I don't think so but ... let me just go and see what's up with her."

"I bet it's meow code for a quickie ..." Paul muttered and got a pen thrown at him, the clicker impacting right between the eyes. "OW! HEY!"

"You did kinda deserve that," said Ethan with a shrug as Nara disappeared down the hallway to investigate.

Ignoring the band scolding Paul, Nara narrowed her gaze and followed the persistent meows. She passed several doors until the meowing sound was at its loudest and stopped. Judging by the cat door at the bottom, this had to be Roxane's office.

"Hey Roxane?" She cautiously approached the door and knocked. Which felt odd, because Roxane was a cat now and could hear her just fine, but she wanted to be polite and knocking was a human custom after all. "You okay?"

Another meow came, this one rather whiny over the sound of scratching. Nara's eyes widened with realization as to what probably happened, but at the same time how could she have gotten stuck in her own office?

She reached out to take a hold of the doorknob to test it, giving it a hard tug and turned it without issue. Since Roxane was just behind the door, Nara slowly opened it without incident and peeked inside ...

TheHolo.Net Poster
    AKA
    Natacha
    Having no idea of the banter that preceded Nara's wandering into the hallway, Roxane felt her senses tingle as the Garou approached. She felt both horribly embarrassed for having her tormented soul get the best of her as she had stupidly locked the cat door by accident; and also exhilarated that the Galliard had heard her meows.

She meowed back at Nara when the brunette stopped behind her office's door. She scratched as well for emphasis, hopeful the other woman would understand what was going on.

She was so grateful she was in her feline form, so she could more easily conceal her shame.

The moment Nara opened the door, she had stepped back into the room as not to risk getting smacked by the door, even though the musician was careful.

She walked straight up to Nara as soon as the musician peeked inside and rubbed her head against her calf, before wrapping herself around Nara's leg, purring loudly in thanks.

Although she basked in the moment for a few instants, she forced herself to remember business and that a contract needed to be signed!

She reluctantly removed herself from the Garou and promptly jumped onto her desk and carefully retrieved the rolled up paper. Damn, the rubber band was tempting; but she was a good kitty and she sauntered her way back to the Garou. She sat down next to her and gently rested her front paws against her pant leg so she would retrieve the documents.

SW-Fans.Net Poster

"Oh good," she beamed down at Roxane as the feline approached her. "You're okay."

As Garou, she understood that some found it difficult to shift so quickly back and forth. There were many who could do it so fluidly that you barely saw their bodies conform to their chosen form, but some it was painful and difficult. Some even had to stay in a current form for hours until enough strength was summoned to revert back. It was possible that Roxane's Bastet tribe was like that, or it was an issue that was hers alone. Otherwise, why not shift back to human form to open the door?

"HEY NARA! SHE OKAY?!"

She sighed as Paul's shrill voice cut through the pleasant moment of Roxane gently nuzzling and rubbing against her, even feeling the purr vibrate through her boot. A deep scowl lined her face as she watched Roxane trot off towards her desk. She slightly leaned back so her voice would carry down the hall.

"She's FINE! Door was just stuck!"

"HOW DOES THAT HAPPEN?"

She narrowed her eyes and summoned patience. "Remember the car window?"

"WHAT?!"

A moments pause and Paul chimed back in with understanding.

"OH! THAT WAS SO FUNNY! YOU WE- ERK!"

She grinned, knowing Vicki did the silencing on her brother and looked down when there was pressure on her leg. Nara crouched and plucked the contract from Roxane's mouth and gently stroked her head. Perhaps she shouldn't have done that but technically the Bastet initiated contact with the rubbing and nuzzling. Hopefully she didn't mind and swiveled on her heels to take a look at the cat door, knocking it a few times.

"You got that stuck pretty good. Here ..." With a grunt, she pounded against the stubborn door and loosened it. After a few test runs of gently pushing at it, she nodded at how easily it swung back and forth with minimal effort. "There ya go."

TheHolo.Net Poster
    AKA
    Natacha
    Roxane still felt bad for displaying potential weakness, for she would be able to shift back and forth with greater ease, if it wasn't for that fucking looming pryio change that decided to make her life miserable once again at the wrongest time possible. She wished Nara had barged into her life at a better moment; but life had decided otherwise.

She was relieved when Nara beamed at her though. It made her purr louder, at least until Paul had to interrupt even from afar. Oh she wanted to sink her teeth into the bastard! She swatted the air with her tail for a brief moment, relaxing thanks to Nara's proximity. At least, he had inquired whether she was okay, but still, she felt double embarrassed for having got trapped in her own office.

Also, she wanted to thank Vicki, because she guessed that whoever had smacked Paul was his sister, based on her recent observations, at least whenever her attention wasn't solely upon the Galliard. Alright, Vicki had shut him up, so she'd be a good kitty this time.

She was happy when Nara stroked her head after retrieving the contract. She waited as the Garou made sure the cat door worked properly again.

She gave an appreciative meow and went through it a couple of times as a way to thank the musician for her help.

As she saw Nara ready to get back to her feet, Roxane instinctively rushed back to her. She rested her front paws on the brunette's thigh and nuzzled her arm, hoping she'd get picked up. She felt a bit weird for displaying and requesting affection as such; but she always felt a bit bolder when in more difficult times, when in feline form.

Hopefully Nara wouldn't mind.

SW-Fans.Net Poster

Nara understood what Roxane was saying without speaking cat and shrugged with a half smile. "It's not big deal, but you're welcome. Not like I can be here all night if you get stuck in your office again, right?"

They both could agree on that and when she started to get up, Nara's ascent was halted by a pair of kitty paws on her leg and firm nuzzles on her arm. Her lips thinned tightly because what Roxane was doing was no different then Lupus pups going around the cairn looking for affection and play. With a contract in hand, Nara was quite certain the Bastet wasn't looking for play.

"You want up?" she asked, unable to hide the uncertain tremble in her voice.

The affirmation was another solid headbutt and loud purr, which made the Garou practically beam that Roxane trusted her. She did promise the Bastet she would assist her however she could to alleviate the stress and anxiety she felt during this strange time in her tribe's cycle.

"Okay then." Just like taking care of a pup, Nara reached under Roxane's belly and picked her off the floor. With a little finagling, she briefly cradled Roxane with the other arm before guiding the Bastet's belly securely against the left side of her chest. Then she stood up with a sigh and gave Roxane a poignant look. "You got my permission to hiss at Paul for all the fucking pussy jokes he's about to make right now."

TheHolo.Net Poster
    AKA
    Natacha
    It was amusing that Roxane was being such a friendly kitty to a Galliard, even though the Bastet had never been one to have general issues with Garous. To her it had always been about the individuals. She guessed that having had her tribe decimated after years of persecution made her more likely to have an open mind, instead of simply following rules and prejudices.

She felt happier than she had expected - or wanted to - when Nara picked her up and settled her in her arm. She purred even more loudly, nestling herself so it was comfortable to her and practical for the musician. She appreciated the attention and care.

Part of her felt guilty that maybe she was using Nara's blooming interest and oath; but as much as she felt like an idiot for being drawn that much to the Galliard, she knew it came from a sincere heart. All of this was a bad idea, but she couldn't deny that she appreciated Nara's company already and that she found solace in her presence. Yet the last thing she wanted to do was hurting her, and she knew that she could leave desolation behind her.

When Nara gave her permission to hiss at Paul for the imminent pussy jokes, she nuzzled the musician and meowed in agreement.

As they made their way towards the back area where the rest of the group was gathered, she caught the look on Paul's face and hissed at him preemptively.

SW-Fans.Net Poster

Nara was a curious Garou, especially to her band. There were so many parallels happening right now that it was disturbing, even if her kin weren't aware of all the details. She could easily take away the names Fiona and Brigid and insert it with Roxane.

Roxane knew Cormac, like Fiona.

Roxane may not be Immortal, but she lived centuries like Brigid.

She felt an instant pull towards the Bastet, similar to when Nara first met Brigid.

The were big differences in how Roxane reacted to her. It was clear that she was struggling with her auspices, as the Garou would say. Her longevity and solitude, uncertain if she were the last of her species was a burden to bear. Tonight was one of those nights and Nara respected that, hence escorting kitty Roxane around in her arms. The other point of difference was when she was with the Immortals, her ancestor's klaive never felt so alive then in the presence of the Bastet. Cormac's spirit called to her and urged the oath, not even a murmur of energy when she presented the blade before Fiona and Brigid.

Which is why she needed to keep her mind focused and be Roxane's friend as much as she was inwardly preening at the offered nuzzles and purrs.

She barked with laughter at the immediate hissing. Paul's chair shot back as if he was physically slap. "What did I do?!"

"Think it was about what you were going to do," offered Vicki.

"Or whatever verbal garbage you were gonna say," said Ethan.

"Bwah?" Paul sputtered and looked at his band mates, utterly offended. "I wasn't!"

Nara raised a brow on approach and gently set Roxane on the table. "Really?" she objected but not quite as loud as Paul. "More like our new boss made sure you wouldn't."

Paul crossed his arms and hrmped. "So ... what I'm hearing is that I need to behave right now, or I get hissed at. Maybe worse."

"Got it in one, Paul. Honestly... there's a time and place for the jokes. It ain't now." Nara's voice was sharp with no room for back talk as she sat down and looked to her band. "So ... there was time to look over things while I was helping Roxane."

She cast a glance at Paul who was red face and behaving, but he so wanted to say something.

Ethan decided to lead the discussion. "Sure did, Nara. Here." He turned the contract around and slid it to her. "Take a look at the back page."

She pursed her lips while tapping fingers over the first page before scooting closer to the table to get a good view of the last page. Nara flipped to the last page and was equally surprised and entertained.

"Y'all decided to sign this without me?" She chuckled, giving them all an accusatory look. "That's a first."

"So was the generous offer," Vicki said, smiling towards Roxane as the others murmured there agreement.

"Just one thing left to do." Paul presented the pen to Nara.

She briefly closed her eyes and lightly shook her head. Her band kept surprising her. They all decided to come to London to start a new life even rebranded themselves with a new name. This was to wash away the past and be themselves once again before Chicago happened.

"Well ..." she began and opened her eyes, taking a long look at her kin and then Roxane, "all right then."

Half smiling, she looked down and added her name without hesitation.

TheHolo.Net Poster
    AKA
    Natacha
    Part of Roxane was chiding her for being as affectionate as she was in her cat form, taking advantage of being snuggled in Nara's arms. She hated that part of her wanted to experience that in her human form. It was all a folly, given they had barely met, and that there was the oath between them. Also, Roxane was wary of falling hard for someone for she knew she was a challenging lover; and for what she had gathered, with how the Garou had worn her heart on her sleeve through hints and especially the obvious song choice earlier that day, the blonde refused to bring heartache to the Galliard.

She would be a friend, nothing more. Fighting her longings was something she had done many times in her life, and Nara was worth struggling to make sure she wouldn't harm her. Hell, if anyone was to hurt the Garou, Roxane would likely claw their eyes out and have no regret doing so.

The Bastet was a protective and kindhearted individual; but it didn't mean she had issue with her violent side. One wasn't a survivor as she was with burdening one's self with pink-colored goggles. She knew better that that. It wasn't easy; but she trusted her moral compass.

She made a noise as close to a human snort as possible, when Paul reacted to her hissing. His reaction deeply amused her and she made gentle biscuits into Nara's sleeves. She was so happy to hear Nara laugh at her hissing. She gave a stern look at Paul, which eventually softened a little bit as the group chided him about why she had done what she had.

At the same time, she was relieved and very grateful when Nara made it clear that now wasn't a good time for certain jokes. She softly headbutted the Galliard in thanks.

She adjusted her position to make it easier for Nara to look at the last page when invited to do so. As much as she appreciated the Garou's care, she didn't want to be a burden either, a long story that rattled Roxane's lonely mind in the past centuries.

Roxane was shocked and meowed accordingly, before carefully jumping from Nara's arms onto the table. She actually went and made the round so to speak. She walked up to Vicki and nuzzled her hand, before going to stop before Ethan and purring loud at him, and then stopped before Paul. She intentionally kept the suspense going on for a second before actually nodding and giving a slight bite at his hand giving the pen to Nara, before purring a bit to show she was good with him.

She stopped and looked up at the Garou, before letting her breath out when Nara added her name. Once it was done, Roxane didn't think twice, and sat down, reaching up to wrap her front legs around Nara's arm before nuzzling her hand, purring louder than before.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123