AKA
    Jenny

Games Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order

Who's hype?

TheHolo.Net Moderator

DragonCon 09
    AKA
    Dani
    I saw the actor at Celebration and didnt realize this was coming out. Looks soooo good!

TheHolo.Net Admin

DragonCon 09
    AKA
    Christin
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: W4BSY Steam ID: ApexLupine
    I am SO ready

I'm so ready that I've already preordered.

It feels like the proper successor to Jedi Knight 2 / Outcast that we've needed for a while, and it's plying that in the very fertile ground between episodes 3 and 4

I like what I've seen! I know a lot of people are concerned it appears a bit "basic", but to be honest I'm just happy to be playing part of a what looks like a proper Star Wars game again. I very much enjoyed the Force Unleashed - despite it being one of the most buggy games ever made - and this looks pretty similar. Still holding out for a Jedi Knight style game, but don't believe this is it. That's ok too.

TheHolo.Net Admin

Baroness Scorpion #2
    Lesbian Overlord of SWFans

DragonCon 09
    AKA
    Jenny
    Aw heck I want this so bad

GIMME. *grabby hands*

TheHolo.Net Poster

Death to the enemies of the Empress is mandatory. Pants are optional.

Has been a member for 5 years or longer
    AKA
    Charley
    I'm really hype that they're using Second Sister and Ninth Sister - Ninth Sister in particular since she's already been fairly prominent in the second Darth Vader comic series.

TheHolo.Net Admin

Baroness Scorpion #2
    Lesbian Overlord of SWFans

DragonCon 09
    AKA
    Jenny
    So, I've completed this game now. On the whole, I enjoyed it a lot. The way that the game gradually introduces you to Cal's powers as a Jedi made being a Jedi feel all the more epic, by the end. The story is satisfying on the whole, and the supporting characters that you interact with are fairly well fleshed out. This isn't a KOTOR level set of companions that you travel and interact with, but they are all well-written and well-acted, so I can't really complain there.

A couple of times I found the game a little frustrating were when there were effectively some quicktime events. I won't spoil what any of these were, but once or twice something happened where I had to quickly do something that wasn't abundantly clear to me... and I died as a result. The game respawned/reloaded me into the same moment right away, but it really took me out of the tension of the scene.

I'm not sure that I'd want to replay it at this point, since there isn't a lot of variation in how the game can play out.. but it was a solid experience overall.