Thread: Character Evaluation/See/Want more of certain characters/Ask questions - Dani

TheHolo.Net Moderator

DragonCon 09
    AKA
    Dani

Request Character Evaluation/See/Want more of certain characters/Ask questions - Dani

I also want to add on if you also want to write more with a certain character or me in general please post here too. Or you can say what you would like to see more of too and help percolate some ideas. Please eval/ask questions as well and thank you for anything that can assist in me writing better as everyone here is high caliber writers and plotters

These are my most active characters right now or soon will be *eyes Christin and Nat*

Miranda Tarkin
    Navaria Tarkin
    Grace Van-Derveld
    Saricia Ask'lan
    Adraudia Basillie
    Nikole Nystrom
    Katja Nystrom
    Rachael Nystrom
    Lise Tarkin
    Dalethria
    Cearia Tserta
    Nikoletta Adrijana

Not active but will come out of hibernation sooner and or later:

Linnea Vandron
    Ad'ana Saersin
    Naomi Ardsul
    Marc Ardsul
    Kalail Rotas
    Vishan Korogoth

I think that's all @_@

TheHolo.Net Admin
    OG Forum Overlord

AKA
    Holly
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Lilaena Steam ID: jainhollie
    I would love to see more of Miranda - she runs the Empire and I want to see her flexing on all the uppity Grand Admirals and Grand Moffs. I know the Pride is allied with the Alliance but since there isn’t a war on we should do something between Miranda and the Pride Mother, something diplomatic. IDK what but it would be a lot of fun.

I’m enjoying Grace’s current storyline of reconnecting with Dasquian and trying to make sense of having a daughter hanging around that she hasn’t given birth to (and may never). It’s a big emotional story and I like how you’re tackling it.

And of course Navaria, coming to Ossus when she’d rather be anywhere else (like all the Jedi it seems ) I’m really interested to see where her story goes now she’s on one planet.

What I like most about all of your characters is that I always get the sense that they have a deep inner life - they’re not 2 dimensional in any way. Every action seems thought out and rooted in their individual character motivations.

oh what a tangled web I weave

I echo a lot of what Holly says, in terms of how your characters have a lot riding just beneath the surface that keeps you wanting more.

I can't wait to get Senni partnered up with Saricia, and hopefully maybe even a little bit of interaction between Senni and Grace! I'm wanting Senni to be Intel, so if we can get her in with Grace I'm super sweet on that notion!

Also! I'm insanely keen to see Vishan make his comeback, since I remember him from pre-reset and his antics with Jhyx

I definitely wanna see and write with Miranda and Navaria more. Miranda - I wanna see her "vision" of the Empire and how she enforces that among the extensive amount of imperial apparatchiks.

Navaria, I want to see her weighing in with Zem and Serena on Council matters and some of the big choices to steer the jedi in the future.

These are two characters who are opposites in many ways but so alike in many more. They both have the same problem of power dynamic and figuring out how to assert that power and also maintain a lot of personal relationships, and that kind of writing is soooo good when you get into the meat of it.

On a slightly more selfish note, I want to write with both of these characters through the lens of Vissica, because I feel like their story and her story have a strong connection and a lot of potential energy.

TheHolo.Net Moderator

DragonCon 09
    AKA
    Dani
    Quote Originally Posted by Lilaena De'Ville View Post
    I would love to see more of Miranda - she runs the Empire and I want to see her flexing on all the uppity Grand Admirals and Grand Moffs. I know the Pride is allied with the Alliance but since there isn’t a war on we should do something between Miranda and the Pride Mother, something diplomatic. IDK what but it would be a lot of fun.

I’m enjoying Grace’s current storyline of reconnecting with Dasquian and trying to make sense of having a daughter hanging around that she hasn’t given birth to (and may never). It’s a big emotional story and I like how you’re tackling it.

And of course Navaria, coming to Ossus when she’d rather be anywhere else (like all the Jedi it seems ) I’m really interested to see where her story goes now she’s on one planet.

What I like most about all of your characters is that I always get the sense that they have a deep inner life - they’re not 2 dimensional in any way. Every action seems thought out and rooted in their individual character motivations.
    There are plans with Miranda for the Proclamation thread but i do hear what you and Charley are saying. There needs to be more of her in that regard. Hm...with the Pride Mother, i know there is some moving and shaking with Charley's character and such? Be an interesting dynamic depending on how it goes with the Empire being involved with the Alliance politics

Quote Originally Posted by Charley View Post
    I definitely wanna see and write with Miranda and Navaria more. Miranda - I wanna see her "vision" of the Empire and how she enforces that among the extensive amount of imperial apparatchiks.

Navaria, I want to see her weighing in with Zem and Serena on Council matters and some of the big choices to steer the jedi in the future.

These are two characters who are opposites in many ways but so alike in many more. They both have the same problem of power dynamic and figuring out how to assert that power and also maintain a lot of personal relationships, and that kind of writing is soooo good when you get into the meat of it.

On a slightly more selfish note, I want to write with both of these characters through the lens of Vissica, because I feel like their story and her story have a strong connection and a lot of potential energy.
    Thank you for this insight and you're right. It would be really good to see how these characters tackle the daunting task of leadership! Also i forgot to add that it would be great to have Otter mom finally have a thread with either of them. I'm curious as to how a Navaria one would go down considering what Miranda's orders are and such!

Quote Originally Posted by Senni Cyer View Post
    I echo a lot of what Holly says, in terms of how your characters have a lot riding just beneath the surface that keeps you wanting more.

I can't wait to get Senni partnered up with Saricia, and hopefully maybe even a little bit of interaction between Senni and Grace! I'm wanting Senni to be Intel, so if we can get her in with Grace I'm super sweet on that notion!

Also! I'm insanely keen to see Vishan make his comeback, since I remember him from pre-reset and his antics with Jhyx
    Like we chatted about, it sounds like a good dynamic with Grace and Senni. I'm also happy we have plans to get Saricia back into the fold

With Vishan, I do want to get him back into things... just how is the question since i need to explain away Soolin

TheHolo.Net Poster

The Scorpion Queen

Has been a member for 5 years or longer
    AKA
    Natacha
    I'm very excited about seeing you active again, sissy!

You already know how happy I am that we're writing together so much again; but I find it fascinating to revisit old bonds and investigate new ones, whether professional, romantic, familial, or friendships.