Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Grounded [2 BBY]

As Bette stormed down the hallway, she nearly ran right by Nelaa, who was walking toward the shuttle bay with a bag slung over her shoulder.

"Looks like Garrett got to you as well. Where are you heading?"

SW-Fans.Net Poster

AKA
    Holly
    "Nowhere fast," she growled, skidding to a halt.

"You off the ship?" Bette rearranged her face to something relatively pleasant as she took in Kyris' bag. Then she scowled. "Garrett's booting you, isn't he."

yo ho yo ho a pilot's life for me

Nelaa appeared calm, almost amused.

"I was scheduled to ship out soon as it was. He felt it best if I go ahead and report back to my superiors."

She looked over, saw the steam practically rising out of Bette's ears.

"If I would have put Lieutenant whoever he was on the ground without injuring him - which i could and should have done - this would be playing out much differently."

She gave Bette an almost sympathetic smile.

"What does he have you doing?"

SW-Fans.Net Poster

AKA
    Holly
    "Shuttle pool."

Bette turned to face the way Kyris was heading.

"Actually I'm heading this way as well. I'm supposed to report to whoever the commander is in charge of the pool on this ship. Terick?"

"Don't be too angry. I've known Garrett for a long time. He won't spare feelings, but he tries to do what's best for the people under his command."

She gave Bette a little pat on the arm.

"I need to go find my shuttle. I had fun tonight, all things considered. I'll see you around."

SW-Fans.Net Poster

AKA
    Holly
    "Thanks. Sure, see you around."

Bette separated from Kyris, looking around the flight deck for Commander Terick. He was a tall, no-nonsense type, like most Imperial officers, and he didn't have time for small talk.

"Davis? You have a flight right now, actually. Report to Lambda R dash 924." Terick pointed in the right direction and Bette nodded, jogging away until she was out of sight and could walk.

At least she wasn't going to be cooling her heels on board the ship. Locating the correct shuttle, Bette walked in and headed for the cockpit to find out what the destination was.

As Bette went through the pre flight checks, she heard footsteps behind her.

"Lieutenant Davis, it feels like I just saw you..."

Bette turned to find a wicked grin plastered across Nelaa's face.

"I hope you don't mind, but as it turns out I need to be back in a day or so when the Relentless moves to our next staging area. I've requested you be my pilot for the return trip."

She sat down in one of the passenger seats near the cockpit and started stowing her belongings.

"Looks like you're going to be stuck with me in Cloud City."

SW-Fans.Net Poster

AKA
    Holly
    Bette rolled her eyes, and laughed a little. "Why am I not surprised that you and Commander Xilarian make a habit of surprising people like this?"

She flipped through a few of her pre-flight checks. "I guess I'm your chauffeur then, Agent."

Nelaa winked.

"My curfew is eighteen hundred hours, but Dad says I can stay out later if you're the one driving me."

SW-Fans.Net Poster

AKA
    Holly
    "Sounds good." Bette chuckled, but she was starting to get irritated at how flippantly her career was being dangled over the fire by the actions of Agent Kyris, and her pet Commander Xilarian.

She pressed her lips together and completed pre-flight, piloting the shuttle out of the ISD and into space. She'd be making her own path forward - take every hand hold she could and drag herself up to where she belonged. Not in a shuttle, but in a TIE fighter.

She wouldn't stay grounded for long.

Bette turned and smiled at Kyris, and they jumped to hyperspace toward Bespin.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123