Thread: SC 38 Reimagined

SW-Fans.Net Poster

I might return to RPing if those scrumptious Gue twins would come back. Figrin Sandwich, am I right?
    Has been a member for 5 years or longer

You Tube SC 38 Reimagined

For those who don't keep up with fan made content, there's a video on YouTube that was posted last week that's garnering a fair amount of attention.
    It's a re-imagined version of Scene 38 from A New Hope, ie. the Death Star duel between Obi-Wan and Vader. It splices together cuts from the film and newly generated content to create a version of the duel that would be more in line with the lightsaber choreography from the rest of the saga. It also adds in some of the emotional kick based on what we now know took place between the two characters 20 years prior to this in the timeline.

It's quite well done. There have only been a few fan films over the years that have actually impressed me, and this makes the cut. It's not with flaws, but neither are the films themselves (yeah yeah, sacrilege... )

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=to2SMng4u1k

Yes Fig, I saw this a few days ago and was pretty impressed. Good stuff. The original will always be near and dear to me, but this is a neat "what-if" kind of thing.

TheHolo.Net Admin

DragonCon 09
    AKA
    Christin
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: W4BSY Steam ID: ApexLupine
    Watched it for the first time the other night from your link. I really liked how Vader used his saber essentially like an angry hammer. It drove home the fact for me that smooth twirls and fluid saber techniques weren't easy to do with cybernetics, and so he used the machine's abilities to his advantage.

TheHolo.Net Admin

Baroness Scorpion #2
    Lesbian Overlord of SWFans

DragonCon 09
    AKA
    Jenny
    Such a cool clip!