Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345

Thread: First Comes Marriage, Then Comes Love

TheHolo.Net Poster

Has been a member for 5 years or longer
    AKA
    Charley
    Quote Originally Posted by Taataani Meorrrei View Post
    <Your Myomarian slut has caused his fair share of problems for us, now hasn't he? What a disgrace. He's disgraced you, and in turn, disgraced us all!>
    In that moment, anger overrode decorum or reason, and T'yeellaa's balled fists couldn't sit still. She wanted to punch her mother in her poisoned mouth, to stop all of the cruel things she was saying at once. But as she drew up a hand, reluctance stilled it so that when she lashed out, she instead seized a curly lock of her mother's hair.

"Don't jyou darre call hjim that!"

Her feeble defiance did no damage, but it did dislodge her mother's wig, knocking it to the ground.

SW-Fans.Net Poster

A larrrge penjisss jisss alwajysss welcome!

AKA
    Charley
    Bothawui, or one of her many villas in the Carshoulis Cluster
    Taataani's eyes widened in shock at the act. Cut short as it had been, T'yeellaa's insurrection was nonetheless unforgivable defiance. The Senator's roughly-cut, thin grey hair she always kept well-hidden was now on full view. And for that, she lashed her eldest daughter across the face with a full force, open-handed slap, sending T'yeellaa sprawling to the ground.

<I dare, because I'm still the First Woman of this house, you foolish miscegenator! Don't you dare say what I can and cannot do to protect this family!>

SW-Fans.Net Poster

RAAAAUURRR!!!

AKA
    Holly
    <“Fearful,”> whispered Daani, eyes wide as T’ye knocked their mother’s wig loose.

When Taa sent T’yeellaa stumbling to the ground, Daani abandoned her quest for clothes and leapt between the two oldest women. <“Don’t touch her!”> she yelled, instincts honed by a childhood aboard a smuggler’s ship flaring into righteous anger. <“If you hit any of us again,”> Daani added coldly, <“I will tell the Pride Mother you are... you are trying to usurp her authority!”>

If she’d thought for more than the time it had taken the words to form on her tongue, Daani might have said something else. It was too late, the words were said, and they hung between her and her mother in the resulting shocked silence.
    Last edited by Daanarri Meorrrei; Sep 29th, 2019 at 03:29:42 PM.

TheHolo.Net Poster

AKA
    Charley
    Now it was Rai's turn to intercede, this time on her younger sister's behalf.

<Mother no, please! She didn't mean it!>

Standing between Taataani and Daanarri, Rai pleaded with upturned hands, trying not to let the fear her baby sister had professed to from overwhelming her. What had been surprise and an argument a moment before was now a full-throated row the likes of which she'd never.

<Please.>

SW-Fans.Net Poster

AKA
    Charley
    The hand that had struck her oldest daughter now drew in to a single admonishing finger. This too retreated into a clenched fist, which the Senator reluctantly lowered. How had it come to this? Sailla trying to dam up eyes welling with hot, grieving tears. Au'laana standing her ground with anger and defiance lighting her own eyes. Then there was Netaali, pleading on her sisters' behalf and showing the kind of concern she'd never given a soul before.

Taataani relaxed the fingers at her side, noting that she'd held her fist so tight that they now ached upon release.

<Au'laana,> she began, her voice low, <You are going to find there are many things that I do for my daughters that don't seem to be a kindness at first glance. I am hard on you all because the galaxy is a crueler mother by far - indifferent at best and actively working against you at the worst.>

T'yeellaa had risen to her feet, but not before quickly swiping a thumb beneath each eye to prevent any formative tears from undoing her.

<I ask so much from each of you, because those that hate us, fear us, or simply covet us, they won't hesitate to lash out at our family at any sign of weakness. We are safe because we are strong, and we are strong because we are prosperous. That's how your grandmother ruled this house. That's how her grandmother ruled this house.>

Taa then looked to Rai'faani, and eased her hands down.

<One day, one of you may very well become Rrou'fai. You'll have the power, yes, but you'll also have its unenviable weight when you can't simply kiss your daughter and make a problem better. You may then understand how what may seem cruel at the time is done not for cruelty's sake, but for a love that can't be broken.>

Without her wig, the Rrou'fai seemed older, infinitely more vulnerable. She didn't shrink from the exposure. Her daughters were some of the only people in the galaxy who were permitted to see Taataani Meorrrei for who she truly was.

SW-Fans.Net Poster

RAAAAUURRR!!!

AKA
    Holly
    Daani put her fists on her hips, inwardly shocked at her mother’s appearance but too angry to let it show.

<“So hitting us falls under ‘things I do because I must?’”> The fifteen year old stalked back to the piles of clothes and started pulling hers on.

TheHolo.Net Poster

AKA
    Charley
    T'yeellaa had staunched the bleeding as she'd been taught before many times as a cub. Meorrrei women do not cry. The tears had only welled, they hadn't spilled down her cheeks. But the hurt was still there, lashing her raw from the inside out. Heartache and shame shook her and looked for a weak spot to explode from, but the K'ohta'rrou wouldn't give in.

SW-Fans.Net Poster

AKA
    Charley
    <No.>

Taataani shook her head at Daani's query.

<I acted in the heat of emotion, and I was wrong for it.>

The Rrou'fai took two steps to her eldest daughter.

<I'm sorry, Sailla. Please forgive me.>

TheHolo.Net Poster

AKA
    Charley
    T'yeellaa kept emotion out of her expression, though she did sniff sharply to keep a running nose from betraying her.

"Mjy cub wjill be borrn a half brreed and a basstarrd, and that'ss whetherr jI gjive Ssamuss mjy ka'arri orr not. jI wjill djissgrrace jyou and the famjiljy frrom thjiss dajy forrwarrd, no matterr how harrd jI sstrrjive and how well jI perrforrm mjy dutjiess. jI learrned a long tjime ago that jI wjill alwajyss fall sshorrt of the expectatjionss jyou've held forr me mjy entjirre ljife, and that the ssum of mjy everrjythjing wjill neverr be enough.

But even forr all of that, jyou'rre sstjill mjy motherr. jI love jyou...and jI forrgjive jyou."

TheHolo.Net Poster

AKA
    Charley
    Rai caught movement from the corner of her eye, and turned to see Daani hurriedly cleaning and putting her clothes back on. She quickly intercepted her little sister.

<Au'laana, please stay. Please. I need you. Sailla needs you.>

SW-Fans.Net Poster

AKA
    Charley
    Taataani embraced her oldest daughter tightly.

<The light will fade from my eyes the moment I ever stop loving you, Sailla. You never ever have to earn that.>

SW-Fans.Net Poster

RAAAAUURRR!!!

AKA
    Holly
    <“Stay?”> Daani viewed the embrace between T’yeellaa and their mother with a skeptical eye, speaking for Rai’s ears only. <“Sailla’s position in the family makes more sense now that I have seen you all together.”>

Daani pulled her off-the-shoulder shirt on over her bra and raised her voice so everyone could hear it. <“If you keep forgiving her she will keep treating you how she pleases!”>

TheHolo.Net Poster

AKA
    Charley
    T'yeellaa eventually separated her embrace, looking back at Daani with a troubled, introspective expression. There wasn't anything that she could say for or against it, but inside it was hard to indict the kind of wisdom youth possessed. She looked back to her mother, and froze suddenly. She recognized that look; thought that she'd seen it in the mirror before.

"Congrratulatjionss on jyourr nomjinatjion, motherr. jI'm cerrtajin jyou'll ssoon be Fjirrst Mjinjissterr."

She too returned to the rack to retrieve her clothes.

"Pleasse tell Ssamuss jyou enjojyed hjiss fatherr'ss offerrjing."

SW-Fans.Net Poster

AKA
    Charley
    Taataani watched her oldest and youngest go. She didn't dare stop them, and force them further away with a demand or an ultimatum. There would have to be amends made, but it would be for another time.

Her eyes drew back to the remains of their dinner, and how very little of it was had. Not that it mattered now. Everyone's appetite was ruined, as was the rest of the evening. The only relief was that her discarded wig hadn't got any blood on it. Sighing, the Rrou'fai retrieved the covering, and began to carefully reapply it to her head.

"What wass the name of thjiss?"

She gestured to the half-butchered remains in the feeding pit.

TheHolo.Net Poster

AKA
    Charley
    Rai had already begun to dress, but paused at her mother's question, looking where she gestured.

"jI don't rrecall Sailla telljing uss what jit wass, otherr than jit wass frrom Mjyomarr."

SW-Fans.Net Poster

AKA
    Charley
    Taataani arched a brow, then returned to her grizzly vigil.

"A sshame. A beautjiful crreaturre ljike thjiss, cut down forr nothjing."

TheHolo.Net Poster

AKA
    Charley
    Rai took a few paces to get a better vantage without returning to the scene of the slaughter and the risk of staining her clothes.

"Motherr..."

Rai sighed.

"...jI know that cjirrcumsstances forrced jyourr hand jin choossjing. jI alsso know that jI wassn't jyourr fjirrsst chojice to be Barronesss."

There was no need to explain who the first choice would have been.

SW-Fans.Net Poster

AKA
    Charley
    Taataani turned away from the kill, looking up at her daughter in her moment of insecurity.

"Then jyou underrsstand prrecjisseljy how much worrk jyou have ahead of jyou."

It was spoken as an endorsement as much as it was a warning. Taataani cleaned the residual blood from her hands, then stepped up the dais to meet Rai'faani. She embraced her at the shoulders, and gave each cheek a purposeful kiss.

"Congrratulatjionss Barronesss."

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345