Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Shadows in the Stars (~8.329 ABY)

SW-Fans.Net Poster

AKA
    Holly
    Since Endor and the crippling losses of the Death Star II, half the fleet, the goddamn Emperor himself and his Executor, the Rebellion had been continuing to grow in power and presence in the galaxy. They called themselves a galactic government now, and while not many systems had defected completely to the “Alliance,” there were many more that teetered on the edge of outright treason to the Empire. At some unknown junction there could be a tipping point.

A tipping point like a mysterious new weapon developed in the Carshoulis Cluster.

Bette patted the bunk next to her. “We should get some more sleep while we can. There’s still a few more hours until we arrive at Task Group Centauri Delta and we’re going to need to be fresh, not...” She grinned, biting her lower lip a little as she surveyed the mess they’d made of the shuttle.

”Just get over here.”

yo ho yo ho a pilot's life for me

TheHolo.Net Poster

And so I'm back, from outer space. You just walked in to find me here with that sad look upon my face

Has been a member for 5 years or longer

AKA
    James
    Silus hopped up and started climbing over the small mountain of pillows and blankets that Bette had used to fashion her little nest with. As soon as he was able to get over next to the wall he gathered Bette up in his arms and pulled her to him.

He planted a few small pecks on her neck and wiggled around a bit, settling himself in the blankets before closing his eyes.

SW-Fans.Net Poster

AKA
    Holly
    Bette watched him settle in, his eyes closed and his body slowly relaxing. She moved a little, getting more comfortable, and considered putting her hand down his pants and waking him up again.

On the other hand, she would need to be sharp for the mission and so did he. She half-smiled at the thought of the long flight back to Bespin, and trailed a finger across his chest.

Silus stirred a little and Bette laid her palm flat on his chest, closing her eyes.

”There it is, Centauri Delta.”

Bette pointed the shuttle toward the task group of four Star Destroyers, an Interdictor, and various smaller support craft. After sleeping they had managed to restore some semblance of order to the shuttle and their personal effects, and were appropriately dressed in their uniforms as they approached their destination.

“Do we have a code word or something? I didn’t see one in the file I got.”

TheHolo.Net Poster

And so I'm back, from outer space. You just walked in to find me here with that sad look upon my face

AKA
    James
    “I didn’t see anything in the mission brief. They should know the shuttle.”

Silus was back in business mode now. Mostly. The fact that Bette was wearing a flight suit helped, those things weren’t as easy to remove as shorts and a tank top. It did look good on her though. He shook the thought out of his head.

“From the moment we step off this shuttle until we’re back on the shuttle home, everything we say and do is recorded.”

He said it to remind himself as much as he did to warn her. After she landed the shuttle, they got up and made their way to the exit. Right before he hit the button to drop the ramp, he turned to Bette and took her face in one hand and kissed her one last time.

SW-Fans.Net Poster

AKA
    Holly
    They broke apart right as the shuttle unsealed, and Bette bit the inside of her cheek to keep a grin off her face. Descending the ramp she presented the flight deck officer with a copy of their heavily edited orders, which he scanned quickly.

”The freighter’s this way, sir.” The officer looked from Silus to Bette and added, “Ma’am.”

She inclined her head frostily, hands clasped behind her back, and they followed the officer across the hangar to where a YT-2400 sat. It was nondescript except her trained eyes could pick out where additional armaments had been added and disguised against the hull plating.

”We’ll be back within a day, Lieutenant.” Bette stared at the officer until he awkwardly excused himself, and then she opened up the freighter with the code they’d been given.

TheHolo.Net Poster

AKA
    James
    As they stepped on to the ramp, there was a large bag sitting at the top of the ramp. He opened it slightly and peaked inside.

"Yep, this is me. It's going to be a short jump, so I'm going to head on in here and suit up. Excuse me.."

He brushed by Bette way closer than he had to, letting a hand drag across her hip 'accidentally' as he headed into the captain's suite to get suited up.

SW-Fans.Net Poster

AKA
    Holly
    “Sounds good, Agent.”

Bette walked into the cockpit, taking her seat and running the preflight check. Within ten minutes she had the repulsors fired up and the freighter was ready to go.

”Everything okay back there?” She called over her shoulder. “We’ve got a short window.”

TheHolo.Net Poster

AKA
    James
    Bette heard him call from around the corner.

"I'm good, don't come in though, I'm not completely dressed!"

The gear he was trying to put on was fitting pretty tight on him, though luckily he'd burned off some calories on the way there. He didn't see a camera in the room when he came in, but if there was one it would be catching a hilarious sight as he struggled to get everything on.

"Go ahead and take us out, I'll be ready before we make the jump!"

He hoped.

As Bette fired up the repulsors, her comm screen lit up.

"Lieutenant Commander Davis, this is Agent Kyris. I'm getting all green lights on your ship here at HQ. I'm transmitting a readout of Telos IV now, it'll have all the vectors you can safely approach without being spotted. Local weather conditions are on there too, everything should be clear for Xilarian to make a high altitude jump."

She paused for a minute.

"Where is he anyway?"
    Last edited by Nelaa Kyris; May 8th, 2019 at 07:23:53 PM.

SW-Fans.Net Poster

AKA
    Holly
    “Agent.”

Bette pulled the yoke and the freighter lifted off the deck. “He’s in the back getting suited up. Should be here any minute.”

As the ship cleared the hangar Bette fired up the sublights, directing the freighter away from the looming capital ships.

“Almost ready to make the jump,” she called out, mostly for Silus but also for Agent Kyris.
    Last edited by Lilaena De'Ville; May 8th, 2019 at 11:09:31 AM.

TheHolo.Net Poster

AKA
    James
    Once Silus was suited up, he moved around a bit, testing the joints to make sure he had enough flexibility. As hard as it was to get on, it was surprisingly comfortable and allowed a full range of movement. The chestplate, utility belt, and hip holsters on the suit were linked together and functioned as a harness for the small jetpack that connected to the back. The helmet had a built in HUD that displayed information various information on his surroundings. He knew that the suit wasn't top of the line tech, but he was impressed with all the tools he had available to him.

Satisfied that everything was good to go, he removed two blasters from the bag and holstered them then pulled his helmet off. It was about that time when he heard Bette letting him know they were almost ready to make the short hyperspace jump.

"On my way..."

He took one last look through his gear to make sure he didn't forget anything then made his way to the cockpit.

SW-Fans.Net Poster

AKA
    Holly
    Intensely aware of Agent Kyris on the comm, Bette barely looked up as Silus sat in the cockpit next to her.

”Okay, entering hyperspace...now.” She reached for the lever, pulling it down to engage the hyperdrive. The freighter surged forward and then winked out of realspace, leaving the task group behind.

Inside the YT-2400 Bette loosened her crashwebbing.

“I’ll go over the plan again but it seems pretty straightforward. After I drop you off, I’ll stay in range of the signal from your gizmo. I don’t see any outer defenses on this layout, but is there something I’m missing?” Bette looked up at Silus and then quickly slid her eyes to the comm screen and Kyris’ face as her cheeks pinked up a little.

"This base doesn't have heavy outer defenses because they don't want to draw attention to. It's primary defense is us not knowing it's here. We've managed to quietly blind some of their scanners so as long as you keep above eight kilometers they shouldn't detect you. Once Silus is on the surface, he'll plant the data transmitter outside."

Nelaa paused for a moment, looking around the cockpit.

"Silus, where's the pack with the transmitter."

She saw him reach into his utility belt and pull a small device with data probe on the end.

"No, that's the breacher that's going to be plugged into the server array. It's max range is one kilometer, probably less. You'll need to place a transmitter outside to relay to the freighter. Where is the transmitter."

Silus shrugged. "It's in the bag. Didn't figure I'd need it."

Nelaa narrowed her eyes and scolded him through gritted teeth.

"You need everything in the bag..."

She spoke to Bette as Silus grumbled something about a fanny pack as he left the cockpit.

"Davis, once he gets the transmitter placed, it'll be able to beam to your freighter as long as it has line of sight. You could fly out and get into a synchronous orbit, but it'll be hard to get back quickly if Silus needs a rapid extraction. I'd suggest scouting to see if you can find a good spot to land. It's tough to board a ship in mid air with a jetpack, though he should be able to do it if he has to."

She saw Silus return with the pack containing the transmitter.

"Look familiar enough?" She asked. "Yeah, I've used one before." He replied.

She nodded, apparently satisfied.

"Ok good, use this channel if you need me. I'll notify you if anything happens."

Nelaa glanced between Silus and Bette and gave the very slightest hint of irritation.

"Silus, the suit looks good on you."

The transmission ended.

SW-Fans.Net Poster

AKA
    Holly
    Bette looked sideways at Silus. It did look good on him, but Agent Kyris who spent so much time with him didn’t need to say it.

”Exiting hyperspace in ten minutes.”

She kept her eyes on the console. “When you say we’re being recorded do we mean audio as well as visual?”

Bette fiddled with a readout, looking over at him finally, as casually as possible.

TheHolo.Net Poster

AKA
    James
    "Probably both. I know what you're feeling though, that little tingle on your neck like someone's watching you all the time. You get used to it after awhile."

He got up and stretched, moving himself casually in front of the commlink camera. He leaned back, completely obstructing its view and pointed at the door, mouthing the words 'Captain's Quarters'.

Bette nodded at him in a conspiratorial fashion then said, "Hopefully you're right. I'll be right back, I need to use the refresher."

Silus had to hold back a chuckle as she got up.

"No problem, I'll watch things up here."

As she left, he sat down in the pilot's seat. He started musing aloud on the conversation they'd had with Kyris just before. He scrunched his nose up a bit and stuck out his bottom lip, mocking Kyris.

"You need everything in the bag...mneh."

It was a pretty childish play on his part. Childish like a genius that is...

"Oh shit, I think I left something in the bag."

He jumped up and hauled every ounce of his genius and method acting ability back to the Captain's Quarters with him.

SW-Fans.Net Poster

AKA
    Holly
    She was sitting on the edge of the bed when Silus came into the private quarters.

“Could have used this a few hours ago,” Bette said, patting the mattress. She got to her feet and met him in the middle of the room, pulling down his head for a kiss.

“This could be my career if there’s a camera in here,” she said breathlessly when they separated for air. She spared a glance for the chrono on her wrist. “Eight and a half minutes left.”

TheHolo.Net Poster

AKA
    James
    Silus scooped his hands under her butt and picked her up to eye level with him, kissing her as he walked her over and sat her on the bed.

"It would take me all of that just to get this suit off..."

He reached down and tugged on the zipper of her flight suit. He was a bit disappointed that the only bare flesh he was able to get to was just below her collar bone, but he kissed his way there all the same.

SW-Fans.Net Poster

AKA
    Holly
    Bette reached up and slid her fingers under the seal on her flightsuit, grasping the industrial zipper and yanking it down further... a lot further. Silus followed it down and she curled her fingers in his hair, arching her back against the bed.

When he finally relented she managed to look at her chrono again, breathing heavily. “Two minutes!”

Silus helped her zip up again, and she laughed, trying to smooth down hair that had escaped her braid. “We’re super subtle. How did you get to be a secret agent, again?”

TheHolo.Net Poster

AKA
    James
    "Failing upward..." He winked. "You ready for this?"

"Ready." She said with a little wink of her own.

He had her pulled close and was straightening the edges of her collar, not so much because they needed it, but more just to keep her there for a few more seconds.

"When you go out, just bitch at me for leaving the cockpit."

He gave her one last kiss for good measure.

SW-Fans.Net Poster

AKA
    Holly
    “I think I can manage that.” Bette licked her lips, gave her flightsuit one more tug to make sure everything was in place, and stalked out of the room. Just before she opened the door Silus lightly smacked her ass.

”I can’t believe you left the cockpit,” she said loudly, jogging toward it. “What the hell is wrong with you, you said you’d watch it.”

Bette slid into her seat and pulled the crashwebbing into place. “One minute.”

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast