Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Solitary Ground

TheHolo.Net Poster

Has been a member for 5 years or longer
    AKA
    Natacha
    Serah listened to the Knight's recommendations, and could tell they were sound. Better be prepared than jump into things carelessly. She knew to trust her intuition; but her visual impairment had also taught her a lot about finding the right balance between preparedness and faith.

"I believe I've mostly met other padawans and a couple of Knighs besides you; but I have heard a couple of Masters' names. I'm not sure that they would see a newcomer like me; but it doesn't hurt to ask."

What Morgance offered next made the brunette smile. "This is very kind of you. I am not going to just jump on the next transport to wherever; so I will be around, all the more as you are willing to check the great library for some information on Rishi."

She bowed her head to the Knight. "Is there something I could do for you, Knight Morgance?"

Not only had she been told politeness; but the concept of trading had been instilled in her by her adopted parents on the farm.

Cordelia considered for a moment, Serah asking one of the Master's for a moment of their time only to be denied. Maybe they might considered the matter of a lost sibling too much of a distraction for someone seeking to be a padawan. Or maybe they might suggest the search for one person not a wise use of their esteemed time. There were a lot of lost people right now. She did not know these Jedi. Her own Master had only just reunited with them, and this was a new situation for them all. She did not want to give Serah false hope, but she felt confident in one thing at least.

"They will see you." There was assurance in her words, the kind of certainty that accompanied something felt in the Force. "I cannot promise they they will agree to anything though."

"Yeah, please don't do that.", Cordelia smirked, about Serah taking off to Rishi. "I would have to explain it was all my fault."

"I'll go today. To the Great Library, and yes you can do something actually.."

This was perfect. She could not be denied permission to go look, if she just had someone tell Master S, where she had gone. Cordelia smiled, turning back to Serah with a calculated look.

"You can deliver a message to my master for me. Tell her I'm off to look for information on Rishi. I won't be more than two days, and... I'll make her proud."

Translation: I won't do anything stupid. Please, please trust me?

"Do we have a deal Padawan Kleor?"

TheHolo.Net Poster

AKA
    Natacha
    Serah tilted her head at Knight Morgance's reassuring words that Jedi Masters would see her. While she had had a mostly positive experience since coming to Ossus, everything both felt at odds, and yet she could feel a flow to how things had unfold. It was pretty much in part with life in general, she guessed. It was simply a lot of significant changes in the past months; but nothing she wouldn't be able to go through. She had faith, even when patience proved a challenge.

"Thank you,"
    she said with a nod. She offered a little smile, almost a mischievous grin, to what the other Jedi said next. "Well, if they agreed to anything or everything, I doubt they'd be Jedi Masters." While it sounded like a quip, she understood that they were likely stretching themselves out, and also that they likely saw the bigger picture at greater length.

She perked up when Morgance said she could help her. It pleased the brunette. She liked to be of service for the most part, and being able to do something also quenched her strong yearning to go and find her twin already. She listened to what the Knight needed, hands folding before her, and then bowed her head.

"We have a deal, Knight Morgance,"
    she responded with no hesitation. "Your Master's name is Beltrak, correct?" She wanted to make sure she recalled correctly as she knew the other Jedi had mentioned it when they had first introduced themselves and explained how they happened to be on Ossus.

Pleased to have acquired the agreement of the padawan, Cordelia considered how best to send Serah to find her master. Anyone else she'd direct to seek out her bright red hair, but with someone who was blind, she would have to consider an alternate description.

"Yes. Master Satkia Beltrak. Her presence in the Force will be different from the other masters, she will stand out from them." Because we don't quite feel part of this community yet. Cordelia left that unsaid and continued. Her aura is full of confidence and energy. I'm sorry, I do not know exactly how you perceive things through the Force... but if you are able to detect color, would recommend looking for the flaming orange-red beacon. That'll be my master."

Cordelia's expression managed to be both a wince, and a grin. She hoped she was not being offensive about Serah's sight. She did have a habit of being too blunt, to the point of awkwardness on occasion..

TheHolo.Net Poster

AKA
    Natacha
    Serah listened to Knight Morgance's description of her master. She appreciated the details offered, and took mental note of everything. She was instinctively building an imaginary impression of Master Beltrak, based on the Knight's explanation.

She grinned at the mention of flaming orange-red beacon.

"So... Your Master is the bonfire and you are the seaside wave."

She realized it might have come across a little weirdly to the Knight, so she chose to explain herself.

"I don't see colors as you do; but it is more of a sensory and elemental impression I have. I've associated you with water, and it seems that your Master is one I'd naturally do with fire."

There was calm and yet something stirring beneath the surface about Morgance, and that was why she had associated her with water, not just because of where they had met.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12