Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: The Foundling [Dathomir]

“They say if you’re not hunting something, then you’re the one being hunted.” Mesh’la shifted and turned over, sunning her backside as she leaned on her elbows and looked into the jungle. Already the heat of the day was warming her pleasantly, the water drying off her skin.

”But, I don't sense anything nearby," she added.

AKA
    Jenny
    “If we are being hunted, then our hunter has had plenty of opportunity to catch us unawares.”

Cariad’s eyes fluttered open, a knowing smile curving her lips. When she looked over to Mesh’la, her gaze drifted down the curve of her bare back.

“They’ll.. probably get us in our sleep. When we accidentally make camp tonight on top of a giant spider's nest.”

Mesh’la shuddered, twisting to make a face at Cariad. “Can you imagine? Not noticing an entire nest of giant spiders? I better be in charge of finding a place to camp if you’re going to be so careless!”

She grinned, pushing up to her feet and giving Cariad a friendly shove off-balance as she moved to get up as well. “I suppose we can’t just lay around all afternoon. Those spiders aren’t going to find themselves!”

AKA
    Jenny
    Cariad’s smile became a grin as she reached out for her bundle of clothing. In a matter of minutes, the two young witches were dressed once again and ready to continue their expedition into the unknown. Cariad shouldered her pack and took a moment to glance around the edge of the pool.

“Do you remember which direction we entered this clearing from?” she asked, feigning forgetfulness.

Ready to give a glib answer Mesh’la opened her mouth, then closed it again and took a look around. Just to be sure. "I walked over those rocks," she pointed. "So definitely that way. But we have to continue west to find the path north around the caldera."

She narrowed her eyes at her friend. "Which you know already of course. You are far better at directions than I am."

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123