Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: What happened to The Gungan Council???

TheHolo.Net Admin
    OG Forum Overlord

AKA
    Holly
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Lilaena Steam ID: jainhollie
    Hey Atreyu! Thanks for the information, that is really interesting.

oh what a tangled web I weave

TheHolo.Net Admin

DragonCon 09
    AKA
    Christin
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: W4BSY Steam ID: ApexLupine
    Oh man, it's great to see you again, Atreyu!

To add to what Jenny said about Meras, it's backed up, and pretty much in hibernation for now.

I still haven't gotten my confirmation email from TRF (and I can't even begin to remember my old lycos email p/w, so unless you get me in good with Omnae then my original s'Il account is gone ), but I did register on the new Epics board and said hello to folks.

Hi guys, good to see you all. I know I haven't posted in like forever but I do lurk around every so often.

Quote Originally Posted by Nikolai Drakken View Post
    A few of us were from swrpg and part of that departure referenced. It brought us here.
    Apologies if I've inadvertently dredged something up - it was late at night when I posted and was on a bit of a ramble there as I was trying to think about all the various boards and what was going on.

Quote Originally Posted by Dasquian Belargic View Post
    Yes, it was owned by Ogre. I think there was a group agreement that we would let the license on that one slip, as it was no longer being used anymore?
    Quote Originally Posted by Loklorien s'Ilancy View Post
    To add to what Jenny said about Meras, it's backed up, and pretty much in hibernation for now.
    It's nice to hear it was at least archived and the stuff saved for posterity (I never was a member there but did lurk once or twice and saw some RPs happening there).

Quote Originally Posted by Dasquian Belargic View Post
    It's interesting to look at that list though, and think about the 'family tree' of all of these boards... how most of them are in some way related to one another.
    Yes it is amazing seeing the list of all the various boards and remember how some of them came about. I remember SW-Fans offshooted CorustCity.Net, SW-RPG.Net ... and Aramir (I think?). We can also probably clain a link with the Marzullo Clan since it offshooted from The Sith Council which was founded here as well.

"A Jedi must remain focused. Mastery of the Force requires that all unnecessary activities be purged from daily life."

Oh no you are all good. We all go our own ways at times.

TheHolo.Net Admin

DragonCon 09
    AKA
    Christin
    Gamer IDs

I always love seeing old faces, even if it's a pop-in. To see the peeps that we used to spend so much time with in the past, and hear how they're doing these days is great.

Now I just need Jedieb to sneak back so I can talk about Star Wars toys with him ^_^

SW-Fans.Net Poster

Inappropriate for Public Consumption
    Has been a member for 5 years or longer

peaking of "old" faces......

Hey ya'll.

GG did I really start with this whole online Star Wars thing over 20 years ago????

Never really expected it to go as it did, never expected to make long time IRL friends out of it and I certainly never expected that one of those is going to become Mrs Turbogeek in August - aka Miriya Cailis and ummm... whatever dozens of id's she uses :-p

TheHolo.Net Admin
    OG Forum Overlord

AKA
    Holly
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Hey old timer

Congrats on the upcoming nuptials!

SW-Fans.Net Poster

I'm a doctor, not a Jedi, Jim! What you're asking for is impossible! Oh, wait, I am a Jedi.

AKA
    Kaman
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: MiriyaCailis Steam ID: Gyndar
    A little tidbit - SWRP: Chaos was started by people who split from TGC. TGC is a swear word over there and is as such altered by the board software when anyone has mentioned it by name.

Also, hey, soon-to-be Mr. Owl. Fancy seeing you post here.

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Turbogeek View Post
    peaking of "old" faces......

Hey ya'll.

GG did I really start with this whole online Star Wars thing over 20 years ago????

Never really expected it to go as it did, never expected to make long time IRL friends out of it and I certainly never expected that one of those is going to become Mrs Turbogeek in August - aka Miriya Cailis and ummm... whatever dozens of id's she uses :-p
    Hey Mr Turbogeek - long time no see. Congratulations as well on the upcoming marriage. I myself got married just last December.

Quote Originally Posted by Ilias Nytrau View Post
    A little tidbit - SWRP: Chaos was started by people who split from TGC. TGC is a swear word over there and is as such altered by the board software when anyone has mentioned it by name.
    Wow, never knew that. Thanks for that bit of info - out of curiosity is there anywhere that has a bit of detail of what happened and led to the formation of Chaos, or is it all a big unmentionable?

TheHolo.Net Admin
    OG Forum Overlord

AKA
    Holly
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Congrats on getting married, Atreyu!

TheHolo.Net Admin

DragonCon 09
    AKA
    Christin
    Gamer IDs

DT and Miriya <3 <3

Also, like Atreyu, I have to admit to some curiosity over the split between Chaos and TGC. For some reason I wasn't aware that Chaos came from there; or maybe I did know, but just forgot... there's no telling.

SW-Fans.Net Poster

Inappropriate for Public Consumption

a) Congrats on the marriage Mr A

b) Kaman and I are marrying in Canada so.......

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/62/df...bb46b3d2af.gif

I've lost count on the number of board meltdowns and splits TGC has had over the years..... always the reason is basically Ceel does something that riles people up.

It was kinda amusing to meet one of the Choas factional leaders and she finds out who Miriya's strange visitor from Australia was. And then spending the next few hours talking about the history of all this RP stuff going waaaaaaay back - and it's still going all these years later.

SW-Fans.Net Poster

I'm a doctor, not a Jedi, Jim! What you're asking for is impossible! Oh, wait, I am a Jedi.

AKA
    Kaman
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: MiriyaCailis Steam ID: Gyndar
    Yeah, one of the major faction leaders on Chaos is one of my best friends.

As for what caused Chaos to split from TGC, I cannot for the life of me recall, other than the unsurprising answer of drama and assholery. Y'all would have to ask Chaos' owner or whoever for more detail than that.

TheHolo.Net Admin

Baroness Scorpion #2
    Lesbian Overlord of SWFans

DragonCon 09
    AKA
    Jenny
    TGC is under new ownership, on a new board

Hello everybody!

I have some bittersweet news. General Ceel has decided to transfer ownership of TGC and have a happy retirement. Those of us who he entrusted to continue TGC have decided to try for a small reunion on a brand new site. We have launched a new TGC on it's very own server.

If you would like to stop by and say hello to some old TGC faces please stop by at thegungancouncil.com

We would love it if everybody could stop by and say hello!

TheHolo.Net Admin
    OG Forum Overlord

AKA
    Holly
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Good for them! Having their own server is a very good move.

Happy days are here again, LOL

Just paid a visit now, looks very nice (XenForo is a nice piece of sftware). Hope it goes well for them.

Very cool. It's always nice to hear old friends are doing well for themselves.

SW-Fans.Net Poster

The [original] Black Sheep of SW-Fans
    Mmm, cheap beer good!

Ha. You guys are like Star Wars RP Archeologists. And old. Ah crap, I'm old too...

Oh wow, now there's a name I haven't seen in a long time! Good to see you.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast