Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: What happened to The Gungan Council???

TheHolo.Net Admin

DragonCon 09
    AKA
    Christin
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: W4BSY Steam ID: ApexLupine
    Hey stranger!!!

TheHolo.Net Admin
    OG Forum Overlord

AKA
    Holly
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Lilaena Steam ID: jainhollie
    Quote Originally Posted by Liam Jinn View Post
    Ha. You guys are like Star Wars RP Archeologists. And old. Ah crap, I'm old too...
    We're all old here.

:

oh what a tangled web I weave

TheHolo.Net Poster

Has been a member for 5 years or longer
    AKA
    Geoffrey
    Quote Originally Posted by Lilaena De'Ville View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Liam Jinn View Post
    Ha. You guys are like Star Wars RP Archeologists. And old. Ah crap, I'm old too...
    We're all old here.

:
    Woah. Speak for yourself!

SW-Fans.Net Poster

The [original] Black Sheep of SW-Fans
    Mmm, cheap beer good!

Hi everyone! Hope you're doing well. I live in Vegas now so if anyone is in the area just let me know. Back to the Topic now...

TheHolo.Net Admin

Baroness Scorpion #2
    Lesbian Overlord of SWFans

DragonCon 09
    AKA
    Jenny
    Liam. Good to see you

Also if any one is interested to know a few years after swrpg: Chaos split the last big chunk of TGC split off before TGC was revived. That Group which was mostly the Witch of Dathomiri Faction formed Star Wars Unleashed on jcink.

The likes of Caltin Vanagor, Santeria Decuir, Various Marzullos, Ryori Holloway, Xander Starkiller, Blade Ice, and others you may know all reside there.

TheHolo.Net Admin

DragonCon 09
    AKA
    Christin
    Gamer IDs

Oh wow, Blade Ice is a name I've not heard uttered in a long while. Also, the Marzullo clan. How are those delightful jokers doing?

Fiera Marzullo Out of Character leads the clan these days with permission from Itala who is pretty much retired from the game. The few that are left are still up to there usual shenanigans.
    Last edited by Maze Maniaci; May 16th, 2020 at 11:52:17 PM.

TheHolo.Net Poster

I'm having no part in this!

Oh man, sorry to bring this topic up again, but all of these names are nostalgic. I used to be a Marzullo (Arpa), haha. I haven't heard Fiera in forever! Blade Ice either! Dang, we are old, aren't we?

TheHolo.Net Poster
    AKA
    Cameron
    Quote Originally Posted by Callista View Post
    Oh man, sorry to bring this topic up again, but all of these names are nostalgic. I used to be a Marzullo (Arpa), haha. I haven't heard Fiera in forever! Blade Ice either! Dang, we are old, aren't we?
    No, no. Not old. Vintage.

TheHolo.Net Admin
    OG Forum Overlord

AKA
    Holly
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Lilaena Steam ID: jainhollie
    Looks like they just moved again.

and I won’t knock them for being low content, we are very low content as well, just what happens when we all start pushing 40+. It’s a shame they lost all the old threads though!
    CB664CB2-CF14-453A-BF8E-872951DB3547.jpg

TheHolo.Net Admin

DragonCon 09
    AKA
    Christin
    Gamer IDs

From what I gathered, they had shifted to some sort of audio format? I can't recall correctly atm, but it seemed they were doing some sort of 'reading threads' and casting them or something of the like? It's been a while since I last visited, so my recollection may certainly be off -shrug-

TheHolo.Net Admin

Baroness Scorpion #2
    Lesbian Overlord of SWFans

DragonCon 09
    AKA
    Jenny
    Some of the staff had a fairly successful Star Wars podcast for a while, IIRC.

TheHolo.Net Admin

DragonCon 09
    AKA
    Christin
    Gamer IDs

I remember that. I'm not sure how long it lasted though. It seemed to be for a while, I think.

Quote Originally Posted by Lilaena De'Ville View Post
    Looks like they just moved again.

and I won’t knock them for being low content, we are very low content as well, just what happens when we all start pushing 40+. It’s a shame they lost all the old threads though!
    CB664CB2-CF14-453A-BF8E-872951DB3547.jpg
    They still have the same URL (thegungancouncil.com), but yeah they had to move. Unfortunately the attempt to rebuild TGC just didn't take off (I believe they were hoping for the whole 'old members will come back and rebuild' thing to happen) and with only 4-5 regulars now they couldn't keep the payments up without cutting costs somewhere so they had to ditch XenForo for cheaper software. The new message board they have appears to do the job but I won't lie that viewing it makes me feel like I've been transported back to 2007-ish and it lacks a lot of features we now take for granted.

Plus as Miss De'Ville says they lost all their old threads that had built up over the past year, not to mention all the other threads that had already been lost after leaving Tapatalk - admittedly nearly anything 2005 or earlier was already gone due to that hack of ezboard that happened back then but there were still thousands of posts that are no more. It's yet another thing that makes me grateful for everyone's work here (we have threads going back to 1999 still in our archives).

Quote Originally Posted by Loklorien s'Ilancy View Post
    From what I gathered, they had shifted to some sort of audio format? I can't recall correctly atm, but it seemed they were doing some sort of 'reading threads' and casting them or something of the like? It's been a while since I last visited, so my recollection may certainly be off -shrug-
    One of their admins set up a podcast called 'Bombad Radio', it originally focused on TGC roleplaying but later expanded to general SW news before eventually becoming a general entertainment podcast. It ended up being renamed to something but I can't remember it now, not sure if it's still active or not.

"A Jedi must remain focused. Mastery of the Force requires that all unnecessary activities be purged from daily life."

TheHolo.Net Admin

DragonCon 09
    AKA
    Christin
    Gamer IDs

I haven't peeked in in a long while, and about all I can remember from that peek was a thread a poster had started that seemed to question the choice to read threads and not focus on writing, and was answered with essentially 'this is how we do it now'. My memory could be lacking though.

I have to admit, I love your commentaries on the sites and offshoot sites, since you have this amazing ability to break everything down to brass tacks and knowing the pulse of all the sites. I still want to do that illustrated history I told you about, and I'm sorry that I fell off the grid in a way and let it stall.

Tis' fine if you ever want to get it going again feel free to hit me up (hopefully I'll still remember something!)

Oh man, I've been feeling a bit nostalgic as of late and have been look through all the old boards. Its good to see some of the old faces on them. I was wondering what happened to TGC myself.

TheHolo.Net Poster
    This thread was a nice read, triggered a lot of nostalgia.

TGC had a decent revival at the start of 2020 and sustained a decent level of activity for about 5 or 6 months but then it dwindled again. It's now basically me, Ceel and Admin Droid chatting crap.

Darth Phantom though, that's a name I've not heard for years. Great to see.

TheHolo.Net Poster

Looks like TGC is officially finished. Upsetting, but these things can't last forever.
    [[XXXXXX]]==================================>

Retired writer for Hwoarang, Ice Fox, Pal Vader, Jehovah

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast