Thread: Put your security in my hands

Closed Put your security in my hands

Green eyes lifted to survey the neon sign marking the establishment before him as the Cloud 9 Bar & Grill. Some kind of private club was attached, telling the Kiffar that he was in the right place. Two fully loaded duffel bags, one slung on each shoulder, weighed his steps as he made his way forward; using one hand to push open the door to the building. He surveyed his new surroundings and sidestepped to offload his baggage where someone wouldn't step on it, pulling his gloves tighter into his fingers as he meandered up to the bar.

How long had it been since he and Molly had run the heist on Empress Teta? His concealed fingers drummed on the bar top and then skimmed along as he walked, his gaze catching the piano on a platform off center of the room he stood in. He approached it and then slid back the fall from the keys. All shiny and new, just like a great many things in this place. Running security installations was a side job that filled the time when bounties couldn't hold his attention, or were so morally backwards he couldn't accept the job. For Molly, he offered a steep discount.

A few notes shyly yielded beneath his fingertips. Then, his other hand joined the keys and a melody began to form.

TheHolo.Net Poster

Has been a member for 5 years or longer
    AKA
    Erin
    She waited until the last note was still hanging on the air before disturbing the otherwise perfectly lovely serenity he had created in the room. "I didn't know you could play the piano.."

There was always something a little extra about Molly Black, but today even her extra was extra. In place of one of her standard little black dresses, today she had on a little red dress. A sleeveless halter-cut one that suited her quite perfectly, if she were to say so herself, and she had several times when she'd bought it. Red heels perfected her upgraded look for the occasion.

Staying quite strategically on the opposite side of the instrument, Molly leaned forward to smile, palm in her cheek. "Long time, no see.. Mr. Torres."

The melody drew to a close and his forest-green eyes traced a slow path to Molly, one corner of his mouth tugging up into a faint grin. His gloved hands withdrew from the keys and he coaxed the instrument's fall back into place, turning his body and leaning casually against the glossy black string cover. He was dressed more casually today than his usual weather-proof leathers, they had been exchanged for a dark grey duster and other, less worn bits of ensemble. His signature hat, of course, was still propped atop his head and his buttery soft leather gloves still encased his hands.

"I take to most instruments easily." He confessed, his eyes taking an almost shy dip across her form; clad in red that accentuated every curve. Molly wasn't pulling any punches today, that was for sure. His eyes darted away quickly and he moved away from the piano in a few natural strides. "Long time, yeah. Seems you've been doing well for yourself, Molly."

He stopped directly in front of her, slipping one hand into his pocket and peering at her from beneath his unruly forelock with that same grin. "You look good."

TheHolo.Net Poster

AKA
    Erin
    If it seemed to Diego like she was doing well, Molly was happy to take that as a good sign. Even she was not sure just how much footing she had right now before the figurative floor dropped out from under her again, it seemed to do that a lot. One thing at a time though, and having him here helped loads.

"It was a bit sticky for a while, but you know me Mr. Torres. I like to be on top of things.", she smiled, but also backed up a step. There was nothing quite like a tall man to make Molly feel small, even in her heels Diego stood well above her.

"You look good too..", she admitted. If looking but not touching was a thing, they were making it an art form.

Edging back another step, Molly smiled. "So... Cloud 9! What do you think? It's the perfect balance of tasty things, bad ideas and ways to make huge piles of credits. Sounds like my kind of place, right?"

An eyebrow arched up beneath the brim of his hat at her words, dripping with innuendo that she seemed to notice not at all. She stepped back and his own stance relaxed, one foot shifting forward and his shoulders rolling back. She returned his compliment and he shrugged his divergence from her opinion. The pull of his 'gift' lessened as she took yet another step back from him, his clenched fingers relaxing in his pocket and then removing themselves from it completely.

He watched her expression as she described the establishment, his forest-green eyes wandering the interior again as the details bolstered its future. "Indeed it does. Sounds like the kind of place a lot of people will be drawn to. The kind of place that needs some major security upgrades before those doors open." He strode past her, delving deeper into the featured rooms of the Cloud 9. "I've brought some basics today but this will definitely take some work." He stopped, looking over his shoulder at her. "What kind of time frame are we looking at, Miss Black?"

TheHolo.Net Poster

AKA
    Erin
    Yes, he had the scope of it. Molly smiled, knowing she had, of course, chosen wisely in calling Diego.

"Well... the sooner the better.", she winced hating to rush anything. Molly did understand the importance of time.

"You tell me. Give me an estimate and don't be shy, Mr, Torres. I want the best. My investor wants the best.", she shrugged. "The best takes longer, and I can use the time to... I don't know, hire more staff."

She had a few people in mind, but it was a pressing issue.

"I have some personal requests. For the office, and for Bliss..." Molly angled her head in the direction of the adjoining, private club. "..but that can wait."