There was something about how Yoko needed reassurance in unexpected times and for surprising reasons that Sebarek found particularly endearing; because it was how he used to be. It was ironic that he was the most sensitive soul compared to his sisters. Their mother considered that he took very much after his maternal grandmother, who had been as fierce as the quadruplets but with a highly empathetic soul. That was one of the reason that beyond the needed edge to be a good operative, Sebarek was as accomplished as he was among the ISB: he could get people and use their fears and hopes again them. And he could put such skills to a more nurturing and warmer use with the other edge of the sword that was his life: as a father to Yoko.

He beamed as much as if Yoko had already earned a doctorate when she talked about it. "I look forward to it, and every step of the way until then. You have a good heart, sweetie."

The Lorrdian smiled at his daughter's agreement about how to approach matters of the heart. "Good. I want you to know that it is also how I hope you approach marriage. I want you to be happy, however you choose to live your life."

He gave her funny look and barked in laughter at her words about makeup and hair. Wasn't it ironic that he was actually good at this given his line of work?

"Well good thing I grew up with four sisters who enlightened me on such crucial matters!"

He wondered how having a longterm female partner would be around the home. He had never thought much about gender when it came to whom he was attracted to; but he could tell that Yoko was yearning for a mother figure and he could understand that.

"A Lorrdian meal? This is a lovely idea! I will help you if you promise to make the aka-tahu macarons!"

These traditional finger cakes had been among her favorite since she was a little girl; and it was the first recipe his mother had ever taught Yoko. And the whole family agreed that Yoko made the best of the whole clan, which was one of the biggest compliments one could pay among them.