Thread: Charley’s characters AMA (ask me anything)

Question Charley’s characters AMA (ask me anything)

Did these a long time ago and they were super useful to me, so I’m bringing it back.

Ask me anything regarding my characters and get out of character information. This helps you by answering the questions you might have. This helps me by forcing me to consider questions I may not have asked myself. Win-win.

Not gonna post the super long list of characters I write, but y’all probably know which ones are me. If not, ask. It’s a 50/50 chance it’s either me or Jace after all.

TheHolo.Net Poster Has been a member for 5 years or longer Muridaemus-musculus's Avatar
    AKA
    Jace
    It has been two years (ish) since Vanguards and the Treaty now. Valkyrie One is definitely going to tweak some things... but aside from that, how is Cirr feeling about the Alliance of Free Planets so far? How do you think he is coping and adapting to his leg, PTSD, etc? How do you think he is going to react when news of a Ruuk invasion hits?

TheHolo.Net Poster

Sssmoke me a kjipperrr, jI'll be back forrr brrreakfassst!

Has been a member for 5 years or longer

AKA
    Charley
    Cirr feels that the AFP is the best of a lot of bad options. After Starkiller, he's disenchanted with this notion that the revolution can happen the way that maybe they all believed in a while earlier. This is still peace to some degree, and I think he's generally bruised enough to realize that sometimes your ideals get burned in some small way on the path to getting things right.

His leg is getting there. He can walk without a limp, and run if its an emergency, but he's never not aware of his situation. He had a problem for a while with painkillers, but he's weaned himself back. Definitely has trouble sleeping. Nightmares and the like. There's been some strain on his relationship with Lyanie, but its more of the stormy seas kind than the existential sort. He's had a hard time rating himself as the man he feels she deserves, and for a while it was him suffering quietly about it.

As far as the coming Ruuk war, he wants in. He'd say it's not for something as simple as revenge, that its his combat experience and first-hand knowledge of the enemy, but you probably can't push a guy like the way Cirr got pushed and not expect some extreme actions.