So here are my thoughts. Sorry for the formatting issues: I copied and pasted from where I just posted this somewhere else.

Not my favorite, but not my least favorite.Somewhere in the middle, maybe closer to the bottom.A lot of this has been said before.

I don't care too much for Rey.She was fine in TFA, but I lost interest in her in this movie.As others have repeatedly said, she is the epitome of a Mary Sue.She has all these powers with no training.She has all these lightsaber skills with no training.She seems to have more control over her emotions than even Luke Skywalker -- again, with no training.I don't like overpowered characters that shouldn't be overpowered.I like Palpatine because you need a big bad who is more powerful than your heroes.I like Yoda because he is small, humble, and funny.Both of those characters earned it.Rey hasn't.

But while we are on Rey, I like that her parents are nobodies, and I hope that sticks.I don't need her to be connected to everyone else.It is one of the more interesting aspects of her character to me.

I'm not upset about killing off Snoke.I thought it was handled well.Explain his backstory in a novel.I don't need it in TLJ, and I think Rian Johnson's choice to exclude it was perfectly reasonable if not preferable.I think his character became less interesting in TLJ, but it was a major twist that had luckily not been spoiled for me.Yes, I want to know more about Snoke, but this was not the place.

Canto Bight and Benicio Del Toro's DJ -- not interested.Canto Bight was visually appealing, but the entire side story was distracting and ultimately not interesting to me.I really like Benicio Del Toro as an actor, but his DJ character was a huge disappointment.Interesting plot twist in the end with him taking the money and selling them out, but not worth the payout.

Speaking of, I don't care for Rose.Again, she's not a very compelling character.Her decision to save Finn at the end was quite dumb.She almost died (I actually thought she did die at the time) and almost killed Finn without affecting the First Order, while Finn's sacrifice could have potentially saved more lives, including hers.

And again speaking of wasted characters, Gwendoline Christie's Phasma is probably the most disappointing of all.I had high hopes for her.Same as DJ -- I like the actress, but the character was a waste.

Holdo's plan was meh.Her sacrifice was great.The character annoyed me throughout, but her final scene came close to redeeming her.

Leia flying through space?Please just cut that entire scene from the movie and re-release it.

I get Star Wars has humor, but I thought the scenes with Hux went way too far to undermine an otherwise interesting and compelling character.Now he's just a walking joke.I had high hopes for Hux, especially since I read the Aftermath novels.Also, seeing him grab for his gun to finish off Kylo Ren came close to redeeming the earlier ridiculousness, but then they had to do the whole scene in the AT-AT to ruin it.

I wish Luke had been portrayed as more stoic and mystical.I was hoping for more of an Obi Wan type character.I think reading some of the EU tainted me as to how his character should be.The scenes with Yoda were a little silly, but I needed that.He completely redeemed himself in the end.Force projection is a little dumb, but it was implemented incredibly well for the story.

I'm interested to see where Kylo goes from here.I'm glad he lost the mask.The Force link was a little silly at times, but not over the top.I think he's inadequate to lead the First Order, and I would have preferred they not ruin Hux and have Hux still running things with Kylo as his enforcer for a bit.But whatever.

Poe is Poe.He's the most interesting character at this point.He has the Han Solo charisma.I enjoy scenes with him, and I enjoyed him learning his lesson here.

Finn is okay.I don't dislike him, but I don't like him.He's just there.

I didn't have the warm fuzzy feeling I had when I left TFA.It was definitely not as good as Rogue One.I'll watch it again because it's Star Wars, and I love Star Wars.