Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Catch a Tiger by the Tail

Mr. Tawky Tawny's golden eyes narrowed to dangerous slits as a rumble, while a biting reply poised itself upon the tip of his sandpapery tongue. But all that came out was, "Racist."

With that he cast the mugger back to the grimy floor, then crossed his arms over bis broad chest, and that hideous polka-dot tie. "Fine. Summon this ambulance of yours. But be it upon you if this man goes free and brings harm to another." Behind him his tail lashed like a striped bullwhip, scarcely able to contain the rage he felt boiling in his heart.

TheHolo.Net Poster
    AKA
    Holly
    This was definitely going into the mission logs (okay, there weren't any yet, but she was definitely starting a notebook tonight) as 'the most surreal experience of my life.' Barbara ripped her phone from her arm, the Velcro tearing loudly as she hit three buttons through the waterproof plastic. "Yeah, there's a guy here, he's been attacked by some kind of animal I think?" She pitched her voice a bit higher and poured on the vocal fry as she talked.

"He snatched my friend's purse and then when I ran after him he was on the ground bleeding. He doesn't look good? I got the purse back though." Barbara gave the operator the cross streets and then hung up. She slapped the phone back onto her arm, glaring at the enormous tiger man. "Now you just leave. Vigilante 101. Well, we could tie him up, but he's not going anywhere."

In the distance a siren faintly began to wail.

"Captain Marvel would not leave," Mr. Tawny chuffed. "He would remain until the authorities arrived." A glance down at the mugger made his chest rise and fall with a deep sigh. "And I am not 'some kind of animal.' I am a Bengal tiger. Panthera tigris tigris. Do they not teach the order, genus, and families of mammals in schools any longer?"

No, he presumed not. Apparently they didn't teach manners, either, or this masked woman would have surely known that one should not pass judgment upon another purely because of their race. This world had much to be taught, he decided, and it would begin with a final lesson to the mugger.

Uncrossing his arms, Mr. Tawky Tawny crouched down and lifted the mugger's chin, forcing him to look the tiger in the eyes. "Be this a warning unto you. Continue down the path of wickedness and you shall not know my mercy a second time." Rising, he glanced to the masked woman.

"That will have to suffice. Now, upon your insistence, we must be off, homo sapien," he grunted, making sure to brush her aside with his shoulder as he passed, making slowly to the other end of the alleyway.

TheHolo.Net Poster
    AKA
    Holly
    Captain Marvel? Barbara sidestepped the tiger as he brushed past her, biting her tongue to keep back a retort about how Bengal tigers don't wear suits and stand on two legs. Just let him go. No one would believe the thug that he'd been assaulted by a humanoid tiger person, so if he was smart he just wouldn't bring it up.

But then, if he was smart he wouldn't have been yanking purses in alleys in the first place. "See ya around," she said to the tiger's back, darting down the alley in the opposite direction. Actually hope I never see you again!

Batman she could understand - Tigerman was something else entirely.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12