Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Sloshy Summations

TheHolo.Net Poster

Has been a member for 5 years or longer
    AKA
    Erin
    Molly's head thudded backward against the closed bedroom door while she spoke. "It's been a rather eventful couple of days. I've met with some of my former bosses, pretty sure I'm sorted out with them, yeah."

On the other side of the door, her music continued to play, only now there was also a fair amount of rustling that Molly did not seem at all disturbed by.

"But more importantly, I got some assistance throwing some local squatters, posing as staff, out of the Cloud 9. That's a restaurant in case you weren't aware..", she continued.

"Why is this important? It's how I keep my my information clean, if you take my meaning. The better the place does, the more I have to offer. I know the place like the back of my hand, and I know the owner. If she comes back, trust me. It'll be far better if she finds a familiar face."

TheHolo.Net Poster

AKA
    Jenny
    The rustling might not have bothered Molly, but it didn’t escape Vilen’s notice. His red eyes flicked between her face and the door she leant against, his senses suddenly alert to the possibility that there was more to Molly’s evasiveness than trying to avoid his questions.

Cloud 9. A legitimate front for Molly Black’s less than legitimate endeavours. “We should go there together sometime,” he said, taking a step toward her.

TheHolo.Net Poster

AKA
    Erin
    "Don't worry. It's not an ambush of Black Sun thugs.", Molly looked devilish. It was nice, watching him try to figure it all out. "The truth is, I'm an enchantress from a far away world. Even now my powers are at work in the other room."

He wanted to check out the Cloud 9, or her?

"We can go. You might want to let me have the place sanitized first.", she frowned a little at the memory of just how much work she was going to have to do..

Vilen was approaching. It reminded Molly that her back was literally already to the door, and there was no further retreat, should she want it.. She was still not at all sure, but it was giving her a hell of a lot of pleasure toying with him.

TheHolo.Net Poster

AKA
    Jenny
    An enchantress. That elicited a rare smile, his head canting just a touch to one side. Whatever she, or anyone else, was doing beyond the bedroom door, Vilen had to resist the urge to bite.

“I don’t mind a bit of mess.”

TheHolo.Net Poster

AKA
    Erin
    "Really?", she sounded skeptical, having pegged him for the tidy sort.

Behind her there was another curious scratching, this time at the bedroom door. She made no move to open it, but lifted her knuckles and knocked twice to the side of her head. One knock came back, followed by a scurrying of feet.

"I don't mind messes, as long as fun was had in their making."

TheHolo.Net Poster

AKA
    Jenny
    There was that noise again. Vilen turned away, gesturing with his glass in a motion that encompassed the bedroom before them.

“So. Was there some plan behind bringing me in here?”

TheHolo.Net Poster

AKA
    Erin
    "Well, I was not under the impression you were sleepy.." There was a laugh hidden in Molly's dry commentary. There was also a look of serious speculation. She was definitely considering all possibilities.

Stepping away from the door, Molly gave him a theatrical invitation to pass. She knew what they would find on the other side. The room put back to rights. Every speck of food that had been left out would be either consumed, or outright missing.

She should have put the cake away...

"I suppose you're free to go. So are we negotiating or what?" Vilen was given a rather exaggerated sigh, as though it was all his doing that they had gotten nowhere.

TheHolo.Net Poster

AKA
    Jenny
    Vilen made no attempt to leave. For the first time since he had arrived, Molly didn’t seem intent on escaping into another room when posed a question. He had to capitalise on that.

“This seems like the ideal place to negotiate."

TheHolo.Net Poster

AKA
    Erin
    Molly peeked around the tall Chiss in front of her, just to clarify that they were in her bedroom. What kind of negotiations were they about to have? She grinned. "I like it.

"My answer is no."

TheHolo.Net Poster

AKA
    Jenny
    It had taken some time, but at last they were coming back to the real matter at hand. Vilen dashed off the last of the whiskey in the tumbler. In the face of Molly’s refusal, the Chiss actually smiled.

“Do you have a counter offer?”

TheHolo.Net Poster

AKA
    Erin
    "I'm working on it." Molly promised. The trouble was she'd had an awful lot to drink tonight. Good thing too. If she hadn't she might not have gotten this far.

"For starters, you're never going to get what you want blackmailing me. I'm too much of a pain in the ass.", she nodded, agreeing with her own sage advice. She was a pain in the ass. She'd find a way to use any information she did acquire, against him.

Since Vilen seemed determined to stay put, she went back to leaning against the door, ankles crossed. "You'll definitely want to rethink that bit."

"Oh! And I am not ratting on the Black Sun. They'll just have me killed, or tortured, and that's no good either. I don't do pain. I'm a lover not a fighter.", she smiled sweetly.

TheHolo.Net Poster

AKA
    Jenny
    “I see.”

She was honest about herself, at least. That was more than could be said for Vilen himself. Red eyes looked Molly over. Perhaps he could turn her self-directed honesty that to his advantage.

“If you were in my position, how would you win over Molly Black?”

TheHolo.Net Poster

AKA
    Erin
    You should have eaten the damn cake. Molly thought, but kept it to herself.

"Like if we started over?" She tapped one glossy red fingernail against her lips thoughtfully. "Well, I suppose it could be that I was extremely grateful that you saved me from getting busted at customs. Not sure that quite sells it, I might've been alright on my own. Probably not.", she admitted.

"If I liked you, it would be much better. I'd be persuaded to be all kinds of helpful then."

TheHolo.Net Poster

AKA
    Jenny
    Now that was a novel idea, and not a tactic that Vilen had a vast amount of experience with. His career history being what it was, the cudgel of fear and intimidation had always been his weapon of choice and the best way towards a swift resolution. Then again, those metaphorical blows had always been delivered with the weight of a higher power, of the Ascendancy and latterly the Galactic Empire. Without their overt endorsement of his actions, and with the evidently powerful counterbalance of the Black Sun, twisting Molly’s arm was apparently going to be impossible.

“Hm. That might be… challenging. You’ve no doubt noticed I’m not especially... likeable,” the Chiss concluded, with a wry smile.

TheHolo.Net Poster

AKA
    Erin
    "No way..", she replied with mock astonishment. "Well, you are the most charming, scary blackmailer I've had, if that helps at all?"

Crossing her arms before her, Molly continued. "It's not all bad though. I mean, you obviously have excellent taste." Her arms uncrossed, just briefly enough to indicate herself.

Probably not Molly. You were the just the easiest pickings..

TheHolo.Net Poster

AKA
    Jenny
    The most charming, scary blackmailer. Some of his former associates would laugh Vilen out of the room at that description, but if that was what he had to work with, that was it. If he was honest, Molly Black was the most charming woman he’d ever tried to blackmail.

“I do. Is it too much to hope that you have poor taste?” he asked, gesturing towards himself with his empty glass.

TheHolo.Net Poster

AKA
    Erin
    Now it was Molly's turn to smile. Not a contrived one either, she actually smiled. "Mmm, 'fraid not. I like the finer things in life. Things that sparkle. Fancy shoes that no one but me is crazy enough to wear. Room service..that sort of thing."

Her head tilted, still trying to figure him out. "I'm not sure where you rank just yet, but I'm working on that too."

His glass was empty. Blue eyes narrowed as though she had just remembered something. "What do you eat? If you're going to be around me you'll have to tell me at some point. I can't not feed people, it's kind of a thing."

TheHolo.Net Poster

AKA
    Jenny
    “Mm, I thought as much, based on all of this,” Vilen gestured to the bedroom around them. If there was one thing in the room that did not fit, it was the Chiss. The word ‘sparkle’ was about as far from being a suitable way to describe him as ‘fancy’ was. Vilen’s entire aesthetic was functional, nondescript even, or at least as nondescript as a blue-skinned, red-eyed alien could be.

Noticing the glance at his empty glass, Vilen lifted an eyebrow.

“Are you inviting me to dinner? I’d happily take a Firaxan shark fillet.”

TheHolo.Net Poster

AKA
    Erin
    "Maybe.. I haven't decided yet." It was an honest answer.

Molly herself was unsure of what the hell she was up to at this point. She could only blame so much of it on the champagne and drinks with her friends. While she enjoyed flirting with a handsome face, the truth was that she probably had some malfunction in her head that attracted her to the wrong sort. She'd had exactly one lover, and while Hadrian had never harmed her, he had definitely been a homicidal madman, to frame it kindly. Even that had been a while ago. Since then she had either been too busy, too selective, or just plain on the run.

Then there was Vilen. At worst he had tried to blackmail her, but they were working through that . What truly alarmed Molly about him was what she didn't know. He seemed well connected, capable and probably way too smart for her. Thus far he hadn't smacked her around or anything, so he had that going for him at least. He could just decide she wasn't worth all of her eccentricities and toss her at a storm trooper, as she had claimed, or worse right off the city, but he hadn't. Still something about him gave her a fair amount of trepidation to tread carefully. It didn't stop her from having the most annoying compulsion to find out if she liked the taste of blue.

"Shark, right.. I can do shark. I thought you wanted to go to the Cloud 9? I had it closed for now, but maybe.. before it reopens?"

TheHolo.Net Poster

AKA
    Jenny
    “Here, or there.”

After everything Vilen had observed, it was difficult to say with certainty whether Molly was being sincere. Still, there was something almost softening in her attitude. The evasive woman who had lead him on a baffling, evasive tour of her home was replaced with someone else, someone who seemed to be looking at Vilen through a more trusting lens. Unexpected, surprisingly even, but not a bad thing. She was certainly keeping him on his toes.

“I should probably put this away,” he said, holding up the empty glass, “And let you get some rest.”

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast