Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Vissica

TheHolo.Net Poster

No, Mister Belargic. I expect you to... die.

Has been a member for 5 years or longer
    AKA
    Vince
    Within the darkness just beyond the horizon; behind the shroud that blinds your sight
    Gamer IDs

Steam ID: vinceisgreat

Imperial - Closed Vissica

​VISSICA

It is a time of unrest in the Empire. The new GALACTIC EMPRESS, MIRANDA TARKIN, wishes for the galaxy to be under her sole control. To that end, the IMPERIAL KNIGHTS, an organization of Force users loyal to the Empire, has been established, with the chilling Lord ROSSOS ATRAPES instated as its leader.

Not all in the Empire have taken to their new ruler. Dissidents and malcontents present an obstacle for the total domination of the EMPRESS over the Galaxy. The IMPERIAL KNIGHTS hunt them down ruthlessly, allowing nothing to stand in their way.

Lord ROSSOS ATRAPES, KNIGHT-GENERAL of the IMPERIAL KNIGHTS, has followed the trail of one group of dissidents to the planet of SELONIA...

Last edited by Rossos Atrapes; Oct 9th, 2017 at 09:13:59 PM.

TheHolo.Net Poster

AKA
    Vince
    Within the darkness just beyond the horizon; behind the shroud that blinds your sight
    Gamer IDs

Selonia, 1.5 years standard before Present Day

With a push of the button, the doors opened to the Knight-General's quarters.

The interior was pitch black, and a gust of freezing cold rushed out from within.

The Captain of Arbalest paused, discomfited, until a deep voice echoed from the darkness:

"Enter, Captain."

The Captain did so, and with slow, cautious steps, made his way deeper into the seeming abyss. The doors slid shut behind him with a loud and reverberating clack, as the locks engaged. After a few moments of silence and complete darkness, some lights powered on, slowly and dimly illuminating a dais in the centre of the room. In the middle of the dais was a seat, something like a throne, but bare of adornment or pomp.

Upon that throne sat Knight-General Atrapes. He was leaning forward, his hands gripping the armrests of the throne tightly and visibly white with strain. His head was bowed.

Captain Miel looked on this sight with silent fear, until once more Atrapes's voice echoed in the room:

"Speak."

"We are now in orbit over the planet of Selonia, milord," Captain Miel stated, gathering himself and bowing. "We are contacting the planetary government presently to gather information. Our scans indicate no further signs of hyperspace travel, and they haven't the time to calculate new coordinates for another jump. They are surely hiding on the planet."

A hologram was projected in the space between the Knight-General and the Captain. The planet flickered and spun.

"They have not fled to any of the other planets in this system?"

Captain Miel shook his head.

"Our scans are definitive, milord. Selonia and its warrens were their destination."

"Ready my shuttle and prepare the Stormtroopers. We will find them and destroy them."

"Of course, milord. At once." The Captain bowed and left the room, the lights dimming as he exited. When the doors slid shut behind him, he stopped and sighed, rubbing the cold from his fingers and shaking vigorously in an attempt to bring some warmth back to his blood.

TheHolo.Net Poster

AKA
    Vince
    Gamer IDs

"So, we get to meet the new Imperial Knights, hm? I wonder what they're on about here," Governor Bren Tallis stood at the landing pad to the Governor's Palace, situated on an island which was known for its particularly tropical and pleasant climate. He was flanked by his aides and guards. While the Stormtrooper guards' faces were hidden by their helmets, the looks of disinterested apathy on the faces of the Governor and his aides were universal. "After that show with the Empress's speech and all those arrests and deaths... ah, here it is. About time."

The shuttle descended from the clear blue sky, gleaming but also visibly marked by battle. The Governor and his aides walked up as the ramp dropped with hiss of hydraulics and clouds of vented air mixtures.

From within the shuttle exited a bearded man, dressed in white plastoid armour plates affixed over a black uniform, and a blue cloak with a stylised Imperial Gear emblazoned on it. While not short, he was not imposing either. His hair was dark brown but was beginning to show flecks of grey. He was flanked by two officers and a full company of Stormtroopers, who marched in their customary impeccable order behind him.

"Knight-General, ah, Atrapes, was it? Welcome to Selonia. What brings you to our quiet little corner of the Galaxy?" Governor Tallis smiled in welcome to the new enforcer of the Supreme Galactic Authority. He met the man's eyes and was immediately struck by a sense of emptiness and nakedness.

"Imperial dissidents and traitors to Her Imperial Majesty were spotted fleeing to this planet. Where are they?"

"Dissidents and traitors? Lord Atrapes, there must be some mistake. There are no —" Governor Tallis stopped speaking and fell to his knees as he felt his throat constrict.

"Do not lie to me, Governor," Atrapes said, looking unruffled. He let his attention drift over the aides, even as the Governor's face turned purple. "I will not suffer fools."

The invisible pressure on the Governor's throat disappeared, leaving him coughing and hacking up spittle and phlegm.

"Go and search through all recent logged arrivals," the Knight-General commanded, turning to the officer on his left. "Do not treat anything as inconsequential."

The officer bowed and gestured, leading a group of Stormtroopers away.

"Search through the Governor and his subordinates' communications. Bring anything of note back to me," was the command given to the officer on his right. The officer bowed and left with his own group of Stormtroopers.

"Now, Governor." Tallis, still gasping and short of breath, his neck becoming visibly bruised, looked up into the cold eyes of Atrapes. "I will be questioning you and your aides personally. Do not lie to me."

A chill, like freezing cold air, enveloped the Governor.

"I will know if you do."

"We've completed our search through the communications database, milord. Several discrepancies and anomalies were found."

Atrapes let his attention drift from the kneeling forms of the Governor and his subordinates, to their visible relief. The officer in front of him pushed himself back quickly and fearfully, shaking and almost hiding behind his comrades. Atrapes said nothing, but being the focus of his attention, the officer quickly continued:

"Several messages and datastreams containing information about garrison rotations, codes for arrival and departure clearance, and locations around the planet for local garrison deployment."

As he spoke, the other of Atrapes's officers marched up and bowed.

"Our search of recent arrivals is complete. Within the last week, there have been several unscheduled rotations. The most recent unscheduled arrival was yesterday, approximately 0350. Major Dell was the officer in command during the rotations, and authorised the arrivals."

All eyes turned to look at the officer in question, whose face was pale and eyes wide with fear.

"Lies!" he gasped. "I don't know anything about this! Ah!"

The Major screeched as he was lifted off the ground and floated to a spot just in front of Atrapes.

"Please," he gasped. "Please, I don't — I don't know anythin—"

The Major's words cut off and his eyes rolled back into his head. He spasmed and jerked while Atrapes simply stared at him, and everyone else stared in horrified fascination. Finally, after a few long moments, the Major fell to the ground limply.

"Lieutenant Yulito. You will stay here. Continue your searches, and arrest anyone involved with the Major's treason. The Major will not present any trouble for you. You are authorised to deal with any obstruction of your mission with lethal force."

"Lieutenant Gion. You will come with me. I know where they are hiding."

TheHolo.Net Poster

AKA
    Vince
    Gamer IDs

The shuttle landed on an island alone in the midst of the great oceans of Selonia, with a large factory situated on it. In the distance, the Cloudland Peaks stretched into the sky, barely visible but even at this distance their summits were obscured.

The Selonians working in the factory stepped aside as Atrapes passed through their number, staring at him and his troops with inscrutable eyes. Atrapes ignored them, making his way through the factory to a huge turbolift within. They took the turbolift down, to the city carved into the crust of the planet itself.

The paths and corridors from the turbolift were winding and dim, lit only by softly glowing spheres set some distance apart.

"Milord," Lieutenant Gion said nervously, looking around. "There are... things... in the recesses beyond the light."

"They are Selonians," Atrapes answered, as blank and empty as usual.

Glittering black eyes, and shapes hid just beyond the light, watching the Imperials as they passed through the winding passages to the Selonian den.

Queen Matatek
    Beyond the lightless veil, a horde of eyes watched the imperial approach. They prudently kept their distance from the sparce sconces illuminating the main vault of the warren corridor, so to not betray themselves completely. The watchful throng moved with the intruders. The occasional sound of their passing echoed through the burrowed and reinforced earth, creating ghostly apparitions of sound that appeared greater than their source.

"KNIGHT GENERAL ATRAPES!"

The voice that shouted was feminine, with near-perfectly inflected Corellian basic. It painted the walls with its richness of tone, washing over the uninvited guests as it coursed through an echo.

"YOU ARE ENCROACHING UPON THE DOMAIN OF THE OVERDEN. WHY HAVE YOU COME TO THIS PLACE?"

TheHolo.Net Poster

AKA
    Vince
    Gamer IDs

Atrapes and the Stormtroopers continued marching forward, silent and ignoring the reverberating call.

"Milord?" Lieutenant Gion asked, stepping up to a position just to Atrapes's left. "Are we not going to answer?"

"We will be face to face soon enough," Atrapes answered shortly. "Someone is coming."

Queen Matatek
    "That is far enough!"

The same voice spoke, though now closer and without a crescendo of an echo to ride upon. On a ledge above, one pinprick or red light flashed. Then another. Then three more. A moment passed, and thirty red lasers could be seen alight, generated from gunsights on marksman slugthrowers. The ominous crimson spots didn't paint the Knight General, or any of his entourage. Rather, they illuminated the earthen ground two meters in front of them in a straight line. The line served as a warning.

Footsteps could now be heard, along with the sound of something light dragging the ground. In the shadowed corridor ahead, a single figure emerged. A female Selonian wearing a plain blue robe and a belt and matching headcrest of matte alloys emerged to greet the Imperials. Her inkwell eyes filled their small sockets to betray no sclera as she cast them with an alien, inscrutable expression. Her tapered, blunt muzzle and it's flanking array of whiskers likewise showed neither a smile or a frown or anything that might be so distinguished.

"My name is Matatek Kai Teless. I speak for the Queen of the Overden. You will remain in place until given permission to pass. I will speak with the Knight General."

TheHolo.Net Poster

AKA
    Vince
    Gamer IDs

"As subjects of Her Majesty the Empress Tarkin, you do not have the authority to command me," Atrapes responded, his voice echoing like the Queen's speaker. "Unless the Empress herself commands it. My mission will not be delayed without cause. Speak quickly, or I will go through you to complete it."

Everyone who heard the Knight-General could feel a chill running through them, not just physically, but emotionally. His certainty and will hummed from his words through the Force into all, even the Stormtroopers behind him, and the listening, quiet Selonians that had shadowed them beyond the lights that illuminated the grand tunnel.

Queen Matatek
    Some of the glittering eyes in the recesses seemed to shrink back at the Knight General's voice, as if their resolve had been shaken. They ultimately remained, however.

Teless stooped slightly, taking a respectful step back.

"The Overden has no quarrel with the Empire, Knight General. We wish to continue to maintain a respectful relationship."

The Queen's Hand half-blinked, a milky nictating membrane partially obscuring her dark eyes for a moment.

"My Queen wishes an audience with you, and you only. This is the rarest of honors for an outsider, and she hopes you will honor her in accepting."

She glanced to the rest of the entourage.

"The others may remain at the outer warren periphery as our guests. We will be hospitable, but with respect, no further outsiders may be admitted any farther. This is the arrangement which has been honored by your governor in the past."

TheHolo.Net Poster

AKA
    Vince
    Gamer IDs

"I will go," Atrapes answered. Lieutenant Gion turned to him, shock on his face. Atrapes merely turned his eyes to his subordinate and asked, "Do you have a question, Lieutenant?"

"N-no, milord." Gion bowed.

"Then go and prepare for my return. They have gone this way, Lieutenant."

"Of course," Gion answered and stepped back, motioning to the Stormtroopers. Atrapes nodded, and the Stormtroopers filed off behind the officer in good order.

Before they had even left sight, Atrapes was already moving in the opposite direction.

"Take me to your queen."

Queen Matatek
    Teless gestured with a paw. The line in the sand of red laser extinguished in unison. From the shadows, a half dozen Selonians emerged, gesturing to Atrapes entourage.

"This way please, gentlemen. May we offer you refreshments?"

The Hand of the Queen turned in the other direction. She waited for Atrapes to advance to her before walking alongside. They traveled down a long corridor that descended into the depths of the planet. Sconces gently glowed to life at their approach, keeping their relative surroundings warmly illuminated. Unlike before, it seemed that there was no host of watching Selonians in the dark. The two appeared to be alone.

"My Queen is confused, Knight General. Have the people of the Overden not accorded themselves as honest subjects? She is concerned by the directness of Imperial involvement in our domestic sanctuary."

TheHolo.Net Poster

AKA
    Vince
    Gamer IDs

"My mission here does not involve you or your Queen," Atrapes answered, "unless you, or others within your den have been cooperating with a group of dissidents who are unhappy at the thought of Tarkin as the Empress. I have followed their trail here. If this audience allows them to escape, there will be consequences."

Queen Matatek
    "I understand." Teless paused, a quiver in her whiskers. Her gait slowed as she considered the words he spoke. Of course, she could see the veiled threat for what it was. For anyone else to speak to the Overden in such a way it would be a serious insult. Of course, the reality of the Galactic Empire meant that one had to find the stomach for a certain level of injury.

Ever the hostess, Teless resumed her pace.

"We are not far now."

The descending corridor opened up ten minutes later into a vaulted antichamber. In this section of the warren, there was much more lighting. Floating repulsor lamps hung suspended, casting light around a beautiful network of controlled waterfalls. Beyond these, a great metal door stood, flanked by two gaily-dressed honor guardswomen. At the sight of the Queen's handmaiden, the guards silently parted, giving a signal for the heavy doors to be thrown open. They slowly parted, revealing a chamber beyond even more richly adorned than the first. The disposition of the throneroom drew all eyes to it's namesake. At the center of the room, resting upon a terraced dais sat a great upholstered throne. And resting atop that sat a very large Selonian. Unlike the lithe and nearly-identical drones around them, this Selonian was rotund and amply proportioned. A silken mantle draped across her girth, giving modest cover to her six milk-swolen bosoms that rested atop her pregnant belly.

A team of four nursemaidens retreated from the throne, each of them carrying a parcel of a selonian kit wrapped in swaddling. Four guardswomen stood in a row, a last line separating Queen Matatek from her honored guest.

Teless gestured to the appropriate spot for Atrapes to stand. She carefully positioned herself between her Queen and the human.

"Xha ekk nauzhak wruzk kaxhaal Ahtraapez xhaak essek."

The back-throated sound of the Selonian language of Mandaba was a harsh change from Teless's previously pitch-perfect Corellian basic. The Queen listened intently, shifting her bulk as her wet nose wrinkled.

"Nazhk aak xeh. Maahakh azha xeh krazhaal khaa rraxh."

Teless turned back to Atrapes, returning to basic for the translation.

"She of the Overden, the Great Queen Matatek bids you welcome to her court, Knight General Atrapes."

Beyond, the Queen awaited his response. Her pink tongue pressed momentarily between her flews before retreating.

TheHolo.Net Poster

AKA
    Vince
    Gamer IDs

"I do not have time for meaningless trivialities. Every moment wasted here is another granted to the traitors' escape." Atrapes paused. "Your Highness."

Queen Matatek
    The Queen didn't have to wait for the translation to understand the sentiment behind Atrapes' pointed and terse alien words. She drew in a deep breath, letting it out in a slow release as Teless translated. When the Queen spoke, she drew her forepaws together across her belly, steepling the thick fingers together.

Dutifully, Teless translated, "The Knight General is a guest of these warrens. He finds his way because the Queen wishes it so. The Queen does not suffer those who trespass against her children lightly.

The handmaiden paused, making sure that the last words of her Queen were heard correctly. Queen Matatek sat forward slightly, gesturing with an open paw.

"In the interests of our cooperation, I will assign my best warrior to guide you. She will lead you and my handmaiden to hunt and destroy your enemies, and rid my Overden of their intrusive presence."
    Last edited by Queen Matatek; Oct 16th, 2017 at 07:44:21 PM.

TheHolo.Net Poster

AKA
    Vince
    Gamer IDs

"Very well," Atrapes answered. "Your cooperation does you credit. The Empire remembers its loyal subjects."
    Last edited by Rossos Atrapes; Oct 16th, 2017 at 07:54:16 PM.

Queen Matatek
    The Queen gave Atrapes a single nod. She then raised her right paw, making a slight beckoning gesture.

TheHolo.Net Poster

Death to the enemies of the Empress is mandatory. Pants are optional.

AKA
    Charley
    From a shadowed alcove at the periphery of the throne room, a single figure stepped forward. She was yet another Selonian drone, and looked similar to most of the musteloid sentients that stood in the Queen's court. This one, however, carried herself differently. Built far more sturdy than the handmaiden Teless, she resembled the athletic warrior caste sisters that stood guard around the Queen's throne, but still she differentiated herself by standing nearly a head taller than those already-impressive specimens.

Without a sound, the Queen's champion stood by Atrapes side where she dwarfed the human. For now, she ignored him, facing her Queen only.

Queen Matatek
    Queen Matatek gestured to her arrived warrior, and made her introduction. Dutifully, Teless resumed her duties as Voice.

"Knight General Atrapes, this is Vissica, of the Sel sept, daughter of Matatek. She will show you the way and keep you safe."

TheHolo.Net Poster

AKA
    Vince
    Gamer IDs

"Your Majesty," Atrapes nodded once, and without another word spun on his foot.

"Come," he said to Vissica. "There is not a moment to lose."

They exited the the Throne room, and with the Selonians trailing him, he made his way to where the Lieutenant and his Stormtroopers were waiting.

"Milord," Gion bowed. He glanced at the Selonian beside Atrapes, but made no comment aside from a slight curl of his lip.

"We have wasted enough time. They draw further away."

As abruptly as he had entered, he turned and left, leaving his soldiers to scurry after him into the depth of the winding caverns riddling the Selonian crust.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast