Thread: New Anthology Movies - Obi Wan, Yoda, Boba Fett

TheHolo.Net Poster
    Has been a member for 5 years or longer

New Anthology Movies - Obi Wan, Yoda, Boba Fett

I am assuming everyone here saw the announcement.

The Obi Wan Kenobi movie is going forward. Very exciting news.

I loved Ewan McGregor as Obi Wan Kenobi. He's one of my favorite characters in Star Wars, and I'm sure I'm not the only one who thinks that. I don't see any reason why he would not get cast for the role here.

Also Yoda and Boba Fett films are being considered. I would enjoy a Yoda film. But a Boba Fett film sounds like a winner. I would love to see a Boba Fett film that picks up between the Clone Wars and ANH after seeing an adolescent Fett in TCW. I also wouldn't mind seeing a post-ROTJ story where he escapes from the Sarlacc Pit, and they can take that in any direction they want with the EU being wiped out of canon.
    [[XXXXXX]]==================================>

Retired writer for Hwoarang, Ice Fox, Pal Vader, Jehovah

Saw the news. Not yet offically confirmed (news articles refer to 'unnamed sources'), but certainly interesting:

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/hea...-talks-1030505

I'd definitely be up for Ewan returning. I just checked his Wikipedia details - he's currently 46; Guinness was 62/63 when they shot the original so wouldn't really need to age him much up at all if they went for a pre-ANH film.

"A Jedi must remain focused. Mastery of the Force requires that all unnecessary activities be purged from daily life."

TheHolo.Net Admin

DragonCon 09
    AKA
    Christin
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: W4BSY Steam ID: ApexLupine
    I'm incredibly excited about this announcement. Obi-Wan is - to me - a hugely engaging character that I always want to know more about. His story was so well told in TCW, and heartbreaking as well. I'm very curious to see how things go for this film.

As for a Yoda film, I would honestly love to see it as a thoughtful, more deliberate sort of movie that deals with personal ideologies and self-awareness. I would love to see a film about Yoda that has the sort of trappings that liken it to Siddharta, by Hermann Hesse. I'm probably the only one that would watch something like that though, heh.

For me, a Yoda film could present an excellent opportunity to really open up the SW universe if they decided to go down the 'young Jedi Yoda' route, taking place centuries before the current films/stories.

TheHolo.Net Admin

DragonCon 09
    AKA
    Christin
    Gamer IDs

Better yet:

Yoda

A Film By Wes Anderson

Not gonna lie, I'd watch the shit out of that.

TheHolo.Net Poster

Quote Originally Posted by Loklorien s'Ilancy View Post
    Better yet:

Yoda

A Film By Wes Anderson

Not gonna lie, I'd watch the shit out of that.
    Haha that would be an interesting idea. My wife loves Wes Anderson. I enjoyed Grand Budapest Hotel and Moonrise Kingdom a lot, but I don't care too much for his others.

I hope they can explain how Obi-Wan aged 45 years between the prequels and the OT, while only 19 or 20 years passed. =P

Also, I can't wait for Lobot to get his own spin-off movie, too!

TheHolo.Net Admin

DragonCon 09
    AKA
    Christin
    Gamer IDs

IIRC the reason given for him aging so much had to do with the stress of the war and his own personal guilt catching up with him in a large fashion while on Tatooine. Lot's of folks age fast when stressed or carrying regret, and while Jedi are directly connected to the Force, they're still beholden to some universal constants. Could also be that genes helped things along as well.

Obi Wan's age gets overthought way too much. Guinness was 61/62, playing a character who was 58: that's just how old he looks at about that age. Mark Hamill is a similar age now, playing a similarly aged Luke, and he looks about the same. The transformation from ANH Luke to TFA Luke covers about the same amount of in-story time as the transformation from TPM Obi Wan to ANH Obi Wan (30-35 years), so that still adds up. Aging hit my dad fast, too. It hit Jonathan Frakes hard. It hit Richard Dean Anderson hard. Some folks just get old quicker, and that's all the explanation there needs to be.

TheHolo.Net Poster
    AKA
    Madeleia
    Boba Fett and Yoda movies would be very interesting, as would Obi Wan. He could've been up to so many things while also keeping an eye on Luke and researching/learning that technique that allowed him to become a Force ghost.

I would also like to see movies about characters just in the galaxy. Introduce a whole new cast like they did with Rogue One and take them on an adventure.

TheHolo.Net Poster

Quote Originally Posted by Sianna View Post
    Boba Fett and Yoda movies would be very interesting, as would Obi Wan. He could've been up to so many things while also keeping an eye on Luke and researching/learning that technique that allowed him to become a Force ghost.

I would also like to see movies about characters just in the galaxy. Introduce a whole new cast like they did with Rogue One and take them on an adventure.
    Yeah, it's a shame that live action television show about the underworld never happened. I was looking forward to that.

TheHolo.Net Admin

DragonCon 09
    AKA
    Christin
    Gamer IDs

Oh goodness, I'd completely forgotten about that! That would've been marvelous.

If they could pull off separate shows about different folks in the galaxy like Marvel has done with Luke Cage, Jessica Jones, and others, that would be pretty awesome.

TheHolo.Net Poster

I was always a fan of Dash Rendar. I know he was basically a slightly more invincible Han Solo, but I love Han Solo, too. Dash Rendar being one of the folks in the show would be cool.

But I don't know when the best time would be to set the show. We've got Rebels leading up to ANH, we've got the Aftermath novels leading up to TFA, we've got Han Solo anthology somewhere between ROTS and ANH. If they could guarantee multiple seasons, it would be cool for the show to start just before ANH and run through the early years after ROTJ. But it would be hard to properly age the characters season to season given the years between ANH and ROTJ.

TheHolo.Net Poster

AKA
    Madeleia
    Wonder what happened to the show. I forgot about that too.

TheHolo.Net Poster

I think it got scrapped whenever Lucas Films and Disney began negotiations.