Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Sarcasm is the best Medicine (Palinsa)

Palinsa's head was pounding. Having never experienced a stun grenade before now, she could only imagine how much worse a real one would have felt, had she managed to live through it of course. As Alex beamed in front of her, her skin crawled. There was nothing innocent in his look and the concern was like a man about to ask how death had felt and would she share the experience. It wasn't in any way polite, but a masochistic pleasure.

Defiance welled up in her and she felt herself squirming. "Actually, unhooking me would be great. I'm awake now and appreciate you holding me up till I was conscious. I must have been really tired." She tried to mimic his ridiculously misplaced glee. It was more oozing with sarcasm than pleasure and she didn't care. Her mind reached for his to see what gut reactions and thoughts he was having. It wasn't overly invasive and she only hoped he would think her too amateur to do better.

Her eyes scanned his body and noticed the same Sith tatt the prisoner had been sporting. That made her wonder about Alexia and wondered if the woman had been harmed, or killed, in the ambush.

SW-Fans.Net Poster

Has been a member for 5 years or longer
    AKA
    Geoffrey
    There was no change in his facial expression as his hand came shooting up from his side and grabbed her by the throat. The pressure was just enough to make breathing difficult. He held this for a moment before shifting his grip from pushing to pulling, dragging her closer to him by her neck until their faces were touching. The chains overhead creaked with the shift. His breath was rancid and smelled of greasy food and... blood?

"What. Is. Your. Name? We can't be friends if I don't know your name."

Bright smile. Wide eyed wonder. It never faded from his face for even a moment.

She gasped as his hand shot out to grab her. Palinsa felt her throat being choked and tried to pull away. But with no way to plant her feet for purchase, she had no way of removing herself from his grip. When he pulled her closer, the sides tightened but her windpipe was given half a moment's reprieve.

Her arms were suddenly stretched not just up, because of the chains, but now back at an angle that was more than unpleasant. It hurt like hell and she bit her lip to keep from crying out. His face pulled closer and she turned her head to the side and whispered. "Pali... my name is Pali...." She tried to stabilize herself, but once more, because of her tip toes, she was balanced even more precariously now and her heart raced with the strain of not whimpering.

SW-Fans.Net Poster

AKA
    Geoffrey
    "It's nice to meet you, Pali." his grip softened and then released, letting her fall back to her place directly underneath the hang point of her chain. He dusted his hands against each other and then stuffed them back into the pockets of his designer pants, complete with intentional wear and stylish rips. The other men in the room, inconsequential scene decorations, stood still, leaning against walls, lodged in the corners of the small room, or standing in both of the doorways. One held a staircase that lead toward sunlight, and the other behind the Knight lead deeper into the basement.

"Don't be afraid. You're safe now. The bad woman is gone. That mother of sin, and lies, will never find you here."

When she was released, the pain as she swung back under the chain hook was nearly as painful as the pulling had been. His lack of any real emotion was a bit disturbing, to say the least.

As Alex mentioned that she was safe now, safe from the bad woman, Palinsa frowned. "The bad woman? Who do you mean, Alexa?" She was scared, though she dampened it as well as she was able. "Who did you save me from? Maybe I don't remember 'cause of the hit on my head." She tilted her head slightly and smiled to him sweetly. She noticed a couple men in the room, unaware who was still behind her. "And can we speak alone? Those other men don't seem very friendly." She knew she was released, she couldn't handle him, even slightly. But if given the chance, she didn't want to have to contend with anyone but him.

One psycho was enough. A psycho with fans was a bit out of her mind's reality as to a fair fight.

SW-Fans.Net Poster

AKA
    Geoffrey
    "No. They're cool. They're my friends. There's George, Hat, Franchie, Benneroo, Svart, and Mud. That one there doesn't have a name. He murdered his own name, and all the nicknames we gave him. Really nice guy. Does charity work down at the soup kitchen." He pointed a finger at each thug in turn as he called their names. They did little in response. One stuck his hand in his pants and gave himself a scratch and the name murderer spit on the filthy durocrete floor. They were all a grungy, dirty sort compared to the soft purity of Alex's mannerisms and clean demeanor.

"I hope you aren't too rattled, otherwise you won't be of any use to me. I don't like broken friends. Friends help friends. That's why I rescued you from the bad woman. You call her Alexia, but I remember her as my Pontifex. We called her the unholy Trinity. She's not like that anymore. No sirree. She's a liar who hides her darkness from the galaxy and plays pretend. Pretends to be a Knight when she's always been a Witch. She's a very. Bad. Woman."

Seven thugs plus him. She mentally sighed and bit her lip. She had guessed maybe two behind her to mirror the two she could see. The fact there were so many, and they weren't leaving, wasn't a good thing.

"I..." she was going to tell him she was fine, but then something made her change her mind. "I am kind of rattled. I mean, you did set off a stun grenade in my face." She smiled sweetly. "And I am hurting up here. Perhaps you could let me sit down?" She was hoping to find out more. What did he mean about Alexia being a liar?

"You said the woman is a liar? What kinds of lies would she tell me?" She bit her lip and smiled at him slightly. "So I know what was real and what wasn't. If she was that good, I may not know." If he could play happy go lucky psycho, she could play innocent child being led around by a professional liar.

SW-Fans.Net Poster

AKA
    Geoffrey
    "Sorry Pali. I can't let you down. You bad woman may have brainwashed you." He took a step back, distancing himself from her as if suddenly realized that she could be a threat. A quick mind changed and he moved back in, getting close to her face again with his. His smile was gone and in it's place an image of concern.

"Do you really want to see what she is? I can show you." With one hand pressed on the back of her head, pushing it to look down, his other grabbed the hem of his shirt and began lifting it to reveal an equally pale stomach and showing just how low his pants were riding. He then stepped back, continuing to lift his shirt until it was up and over his head. The front of his body had more poor quality tattoos. Most looked like he had drawn them himself. Some were facing the wrong way, or upside down. Lifting his arms he slowly turned around to show his back, where in stark contrast, was tattooed very well the words of the Sith Code.

"Peace is a lie, there is only passion.Through passion, I gain strength.
    Through strength, I gain power.
    Through power, I gain victory.
    Through victory, my chains are broken.
    The Force shall set me free."

"Ta-da! Do you see? Do. You. See? The bad woman wrote these words on me. It is the Code of the Sith. Once upon a time she was my Goddess. She began this so called Cult of the Dark Ascension"

"Oh, no!" She tried to reassure him. "I wasn't with her long. You took me from her before I had been with her a few hours. I am not brainwashed." She tried to think of how to convince him when he suddenly came back to her and gripped her neck. The forced look down prompted a small gasp from her before she bit it back into silence. She felt her body respond to him and quickly refocused on the ink, rather than the flesh it was drawn on. She set to memory as many of the items and pictograms as she could. Especially their relationship to one another. Perhaps Alexia would want to know.

As Palinsa realized he was lifting his shirt, she let a small exhale of held breath release itself from her lungs. She didn't realize she had been holding her breath. How could she be thinking he was a sexy when she was chained up and treated like this? The words on his back made her read them under her breath. The Sith Code? She had no idea they had a Code, much less what it was. "Please, Alex... will you let me down? I can see she did so wrong to you. Let me touch you..." She swallowed and tried to relax. This wasn't going to be easy, but the sincerity was there, she just directed it over the words. "You lift your shirt and think hate... let me run a hand over it and when you lift your hand you can think of that instead." She had no idea where the idea came from. "Then you can tell me about her. Warn me so I can decide lie from fact from what she's told me."

Once more she knew she needed her arms released. She couldn't see her weapons, but she didn't need them. At least, she hoped she wasn't going to need them.

SW-Fans.Net Poster

AKA
    Geoffrey
    There was silence between them for a moment. It was uncomfortable. Down here there was little sound. The occassional sound of a speeder passing by on the street above, or breathing from one of the many people in the room, but beyond that there was little to hear. A sound bubbled up through the silence. It started low, almost a whisper. It was impossible to tell what it was until it grew louder. It was laughter. Alex turned around slowly, his mouth moving in time with the laugh. It was his own. It grew louder, shaking his entire body with it's growing ferocity. It was full of mischievous joy.

Hah. Hah. Hah. Hoo. Ha!

"Did, did you really think that was what this was all about? Did you, did you think that you could warm up to me and buy your freedom?" The curious, happy child was gone. Now he stalked toward her, his body hunched ever so slightly, his head cocked, one eye narrowed. It was a mask of confusion and insult. "What were you going to offer me next? Promises, allegiance, your body?" His hand shot out and grabbed the sides of her jaw, silencing her. "I can take that whenever I want. You have no power here. No leverage. There is not a thing I want from you. All of this." He let go and gestured around the cell. "All of this was an act for you. A performance to show you before you die the kind of monster you called your superior.

Alexia Sturkov..." he turned his head and spit. "...is a charlatan. A wolf in sheep's clothing. She started this. All this. This cult was her creation. She didn't hurt me. She empowered me. I am the High Priest. All of these men are my servants. They worship the Dark just like I do, just like Pontifex Sturkov taught us. She abandoned us and became one of you. A slave to the Empire. She calls herself a Knight but I can feel the darkness inside her. She denies what she is in order to live. She is a coward and a liar, and you trusted her with your life. This is my gift to you blasphemer. A gift of truth before you die.

All. Heretics. Will. Burn."

Palinsa's own smile died as his did. She had gone too far, too fast, too soon to help her. His approach this time made her skin crawl, not just shudder. Whatever childlike glee had been in his eyes and voice before, was certainly gone. When he stalked her she thought he would strike her hard enough to knock her out again, and she was bracing her body trying to make sure she remained conscious. But when he snaked out to grab her jaw, this time the whimper wasn't bitten back, wasn't swallowed. It rolled up her throat full of fear and pain, unhindered.

It scared her, the idea that went through her mind. But this was her only shot. She looked into his eyes, which suddenly struck her as being vibrant and beautiful, and reached for his mind as she had the prisoner earlier. She wasn't exactly sure what she was looking for, but she tried to whisper to his mind as if it was his own thought. *Don't hurt her... she could be of use...* She tried to keep her own eyes glazed with fear, which wasn't overly hard, as she whispered to his mind. She had never tried to plant a thought before, and she could only hope it was working. *The witch will come for her... use her...* She whimpered once more as she felt her own head begin to hurt from the force of trying to plant the subtle hint. Her own voice whimpered once more, realizing she was too silent. "Please... don't.... What do you want from me?"

SW-Fans.Net Poster

AKA
    Geoffrey
    He felt it, the influence. The intrusion. A violation of his very mind as words not his own filtered through, mingled among his own thoughts. The only reward for her efforts was a solid jab to her stomach. It sent her off her feet and rolling about at the whim of the chain she hung from. When she bounced back he grabbed her throat again. Not squeezing, not pulling, just holding it. "You've met Sturkov. She was my master. I've had my mind fucked by her more times than I can remember. Don't even try. Or do. Yes. Do try. Get in there, wiggle around, and tell me what you can see. I'm going to think of all the fun times I've had. See if you can find what I want from you in there? Yes. Tell me what I want."

His hand lowered from her throat and grabbed the collar of her robe and bunched it up between his fingers. His other hand came into view. It was holding a chef knife.

She was so busy concentrating that she missed the swing of his fist into her gut. She broke the connection and tried to double over. But the chains and lack of ability made it worse. She cried out in pain and fought to bite her lip through the pain and find her toes on solid ground once more. Stretching back out made the pain worse, but lifting her knees, to scrunch against the bruise she knew was now near her ribs, was worse on her shoulders.

As he told her to stay away, her murmurs were all he'd hear as she fought the tears. "I.. won't..." But then as he invited her in, the thought scared her even more. Alexia had warned her of becoming trapped in someone's mind. Of dragging yourself into the madness. This was something she didn't want to experience. "Noooo...." She gasped and tried to hold very still as the knife joined his balled up fist on her collar. "Don't... please..." Seduction hadn't worked, nor had subtlety. All she could do now was try and cooperate. But delving into his mind wasn't something she wanted to do. The very idea actually terrified her more than dying at the moment.

SW-Fans.Net Poster

AKA
    Geoffrey
    "Take a look. I want you to see what your mentor created. All the things I've done, all the things I've become, are all because of her. I was rightfully rotting away in a cell for countless charges of murder and rape. My own father wouldn't even come to my cell anymore. I would have either been executed or spent the rest of my life there, and what did she do? She broke me out. She set me free. Aha, ha, haha! It's such a strange irony that the creator of so much wrong is pretending to be a champion of the right.

Now I'm thinking of a particularly juicy memory, and you are going to look or I'm going to start cutting..." His knife bit into the fabric of her robe and began cutting downward. "...and when I reach the bottom that's when this chapter takes a darker turn. For you. I'll be just fine. In fact." He leaned his head forward the small distance between them and ran his tongue up the side of her face. He smacked his lips a little like he was contemplating the flavor. Judging it. "Hmm, yes. I think you'll do just fine. Tell me what you see?"

He didn't have a particular memory. He left his mind bare with all the many lives he had taken; each knife stab, close and personal the way he liked it, and every soul he had tortured and violated. Sometimes death was not even enough to save his victims. Sometimes the punishment continued after their light was extinguished. Until the very dust of their bodies was beyond recognition or salvation.

Palinsa shivered. The man was mad. Beyond crazy, beyond psychotic, he was mad! As he came closer and licked her cheek she turned her head, squeezed her eyes closed and bit her lip. The closeness of him invading her space left her with a desire to shower till her top layers of skin were removed. Something told her it would be a long time before she allowed someone to kiss her again.

The sound of tearing fabric as he cut down the front of her robe made her shake. "Pleeaseee.... nooooo...." But with the threat of him hurting her worse than cutting her up, she looked at him, eyes wide in obvious stress and anxiety. When her eyes looked at his, she was trapped. Unable to look away as if he held her there, though she knew he wasn't.

Images flooded her mind. She saw through his eyes several scenes that at first made no sense to her. Blood, gaping mouths screaming, bodies... then it began to make sense.

Her eyes widened as tears fell down her cheeks. She closed her eyes but it was too late. That simple measure did nothing to stop the macabre massacre playing out before her. There was no reprieve as one body after another was tormented, tortured, killed and in some cases, tormented more. She heard screaming and crying and never realized it was her own voice she was hearing, superimposed over the scenes. Between cries of dismay, whimpers of helplessness and pleads to make it stop, she tried to pull her mind away, to backpedal from what she was seeing, to try and stop it.

Palinsa opened bloodshot sea green eyes, now looking more ill than lovely, and tried to focus on Alex's face. Because she was looking in his mind, through his eyes, she knew if she could back out enough to focus on him, she would be back in her own head.

SW-Fans.Net Poster

AKA
    Geoffrey
    "It's... beautiful." He said, his eyes unblinking as he looked back into her's. The smile was creeping back on his face. "Can you see it? The art I have created? I should have been an artist. Mother used to say that. I never believed her then. How could I? Ha. She would be really surprised if she knew I was using blood and sinew, souls and flesh as my tapestry. I should make her something nice. Do you think she would like that? I might send her your body, but it's not right yet. We have a lot of work to do first before you're ready."

With that said he dragged his knife down, cutting neatly through her entire robe and let it fall from around her body; leaving her in nothing but her Imperial issue undergarments; compression shorts and athletic support. The smile disappeared from his face and a look of disgust registered. "The robes make you look so much... thicker. I can't do anything with this. Oh no, no, no. My art can only be as good as the tapestry, and you fail to meet my standards. However, you'll meet their standards just fine." he said, pointing around the room at the collection of assembled men. Grabbing his shirt from the floor he slipped it back on.

"Do what you want, just make sure she's dead when you're done. Oh, little Knight. When you reach hell say hello to the real Alexia Sturkov. I'm sure she's there. Can't say for sure. I never met her. Ta!" And with that he headed up the stairs and out of sight.

The men began to amble forward, finally leaving their stationary positions to form a tight knit circle around the Imperial Knight. There was plenty of chuckling and fist bumping as their hands reached out tentatively, stroking the exposed flesh found on legs and arms of the chained woman. The name killer assumed Alex's position in front of the Knight and grabbed her by the sides of her mouth and spoke three words. "Scream for me."

Palinsa could feel her head pounding. The images she was still trying to forget were etched in her mind like acid had been spilled on her skin. When the words sank in that he was leaving her at the mercy of the other men, real fear set in. Till then, she had lied to herself she could take anything he could dish out to her. But this... this wasn't something she was prepared for. She was no virgin, but the idea of what was about to transpire scared her to the core. "No..." she whispered softly as he left as if the simple half breathy pleas would make everything better.

Her first thought, without even realizing she was doing it, was to mentally scream for Alexia. She tried to focus on the woman's face and where she had seen her last. She had no idea how long ago that had been. And with the debris caused by the exploding wall and the stun grenade, it was even possible the mentor had already written off her student and moved on. But she hollered none the less. *AAAAALLLLEEEXXXIIAAAAAAAA!!!*

The other thing she realized, as the hands on her flesh brought her back to the moment, was that no name was in front of her begging her to scream. It was certainly not going to happen voluntarily so she did the only thing she could think of. She opened her mind, thought of the worst image she had seen in Alex's head and thought it hard, fast, and sharp into the man's head before her. It would, in her opinion, be like a scream and horror holovid all at once. She knew what her head felt like and she tried to force that on him. A mental scream and the view of Alex's eyes going down on the woman who was already dead but still at his mercy. She tried to make it seem like he was the girl on the ground, but all she could do was hope she was doing it right. Otherwise, placing him in Alex's shoes, as she had been, might be worse for her if he enjoyed such things.

SW-Fans.Net Poster

AKA
    Geoffrey
    All around the room the thugs stopped, something doubling over while others merely held the sides of their heads. Some grumbled and some growled. The images were not overly disturbing to them, they had already been desensitized under the rule of the dark prophet Alexander Bane. It was the intensity and the flood of images that overran their minds, threatening to break the capacity of the human brain. All except for the name killer. He stood defiant, his hand still holding her mouth. A smug little grin tugged at the corner of his mouth. The images, in their terrible depravity, only served to excite him more.

His little eyes looked around the room at his stunned companions. "I'll go first." He pushed his way through the others to get behind the Cadet. His breath was warm on her neck as his hands seized her hips on either side.

There was a sound. A commotion of footsteps and voices raining down from the ground floor above. The Name Killer paused, his eyes looking up, one finger hooked in the hem of the Cadet's shorts. The rest snapped out of their stupor and followed suit looking heavenward. The blap of blaster fire was unmistakable as it filtered down through the floorboards. One of them called out in alarm and began looking around for a weapon while others drew what they had, but no sooner had they drawn than the door metal door down into the basement creaked loudly and then blew off it's hingers, traveling down the stairwell while remaining upright. The thugs opened fire, but their blaster pistols could not penetrate the door.

The door gained speed and shot through the room, slamming into several of the thugs and sending them out of Palinsa's sight and revealed Alexia in it's place, her silver lightsabre blazing in the dim light. There was a furiousity in her eyes, a focus that was not just in her eyes but in her stance. Shoulders hunched, head down, knees bend, and the fingers on her free hand bent like twisting daggers. Blasters ripped out of hands, men were thrown like ragdolls, and the Name Killer, who charged the Imperial Knight, was thrown into the ceiling, his upper body punching through the floor boards were it became lodged. One by one the remaining thugs met the same fate as they were thrown into walls and the floor, their bodies breaking loudly and their heads smashed open. Several times the thugs tried to strike out at the defenseless Cadet, and each time the door lifted up and moved in between them and the Cadet, protecting her from harm.

The last of the goons were pulled through the door, dragged before Alexia, and she asked one thing. "Where is Bane?" When the man did not squeak out an immediate answer his head was severed from his shoulders. Kicking the bodies aside Alexia stepped up to Palinsa and cut her chains and caught her body as she came down, wrapping a hand around her waist to steady her descent. Alexia gave her a quick look over. She looked unhurt beyond some bruising to her stomach. Words failed her. She was not the type to reassure someone with lies about how it will all be okay. She fell back on her training instead.

"Report, Cadet."

Pali watched helplessly as bodies went from attackers to targets, then to nothing but so much debris as Alexia powered through the room as if nothing but children stood before her. The door constantly seemed to block her as a pistol, blade or even a body came at her. When the fighting stopped, bodies, if that's what you could call them, were strewn around the room like party poppers gone awry.

Next thing she knew, her arms went slack and she fell into Alexia's embrace. Unable to move, and barely able to keep her feet flat, she managed to find her voice. "Alexander... Alexander Bane... This was him." She tried to stand but her legs wouldn't hold her. It angered her more than the abuse. It was set in her mind, if she could stand on her own, walk out of there, straighten her cloak, she would be fine. "He said you weren't what you seemed. Said you were a liar, and would see me in hell." She tried to lift her arm but they wouldn't respond either. All she could think to say was, "I'm sorry. I should have been better against him." Her mind flashed a moment with what she had seen, what he had flooded her mind with, and she bit her lip to keep from gasping, her head shaking a moment to try and shake the images from her mind. "He... He wanted me to scream." Her voice was shaking and her body shuddered as well.

SW-Fans.Net Poster

AKA
    Geoffrey
    "Forgive me." Alexia raised her hand, pressed her fingertip to the Cadet's forehead and put her to sleep. The process was not difficult on an unshielded mind, and more so on one so frazzled. While she was in there, in that brief moment, she revisited the horrors Palinsa had endured, and the images she had pulled from Alexander's mind. Everything was jumbled and a mess. There was no order, no direction. Just flashes, hot and blinding until it suddenly went dark as her mind was persuaded to take a break. It took to the suggested like one would expect an exhausted mind. Her's was frayed thin and in far worse condition than her physical form.

Alex had gone from being the puppet to being the puppet master.

Dragging her unconscious body from the basement, Alexia carried the Cadet to the surface and into the waiting speeder. All around bodies littered the home and the Raven Guard stood watch. Every cupboard and room had been ripped open and rummaged through until every conspirator was detained or destroyed. Chain gangs of survivors were escorted to meat wagons. Any shred of information, bits of flimsi, datapads, even scribbles on the walls were photographed. Alexander had been here. Alexia could feel his stain on this place. It was imperative that they found him. Every moment he was free was time for him to pull another string. He had been alone with his machinations in the underworld of this planet for so long. It would seem that he was more the ruler than the Empire or the Resistance.

The speeder took them straight back to Headquarters. During the ride Alexia kept an eye on her ward, and wondered just what direction the following conversation between them was going to go. Alex had evidently revealed secrets best left buried and Alexia was not mentally equipped to deal with that. Not now. Perhaps never. It would seem that she did not have that option anymore. She had hid what she was from the others, from Vissica, but her past was coming knocking now. Perhaps it would be best to head it off now, reduce the damage, and swallow the bitter pill presented.

Back inside Headquarters, Alexia personally escorted Palinsa's unconscious form to the medical ward, where they were promptly left alone; much to the complains of the physicians. Laid down in a bed in a sterile room, she almost looked at peace. Pity that would soon disappear. Repeating her motion from before, Alexia placed finger to forehead again and looked inside the mind. This was not sleep. There were no dreams to feel. Nothing. It was almost like reading a corpse, only there was the faintest something deep within. Like a slumbering presence waiting to wake. And awaken it she did. The Cadet woke immediately, panicked and confused. Alexia, sitting on the edge of the bed, grabbed her by the shoulders and held her down.

"Calm yourself Cadet. You are safe."

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast