Thread: Injah Bas

Jedi Injah Bas

injah Bas
    injah bes

[Injah Bas - in-jah Bes]
    59 GSY [Appears to be 20]:: Emerė/Alliance of Free Planets/Jedi Order :: Jedi Master
    [Padawan?]
    Currently in: Ossus

Character Background

• Survived Order 66 due to his mission being undercover on Muunilist and appearing underage. Continued to hide from the Great Jedi Purge by doing odd jobs in the Outer Rim, such as grocery clerk in Ports Town (Bepsin) Gunsmith/Blastersmith (Great Jovan) and by bedding an Inquisitor.
    • Achieved Jedi Master rank due to General needs in the Clone War, but only participated in one battle
    • As apart of his species special arrangement, was allowed to revisit his homeworld during his Jedi initiation.
    • One of possibly 2 to 3 Emerė who existed in the Jedi Order during the Post-Ruusan period, and 1 of 13 off-world at the formation of the Galactic Empire.
    • Developed a drinking and substance abuse problem after the fall of the Jedi Order
    • Wiki

Raw Material

• Apart of the Hawkbat Clan as a Jedi Initiate. Had a crush on Aayla Secura and several other girls in his group.
    • Inordinate amount of prowess in Jedi arts of Control, Ataru and Juyo.
    • Believes in the Unifying Force and would not have rejoined the Jedi Order if not for his clan's religious beliefs in pursuit of balance & purpose. Becoming more and more apathetic to the state of galaxy. Possibly depressed.
    • Never taught a Jedi, but his Jedi Master was the former Jedi battlemaster before Cin Drallig
    • Never learned to pilot a ship, however exceptionally skilled in all other machinery.
    • Uncovered a drinking problem after the fall of the Jedi and his wait to return on Jeddesh.

ENTP - Type 7w8
    Plot Ideas

• Explore his relationship with his homeworld's politics and clansmen; show how being a Jedi wasn't the means, but the means to an end for his people and himself. Lost of ambition.
    • Comes to the Jedi Order as supposedly a Padawan.
    • Explore why he believes in the Unifying Force and its corruption. Explore the "dark times" and detoxing on his home-planet.
    • Learn more of how he worked during the Clone Wars and his relationship with the Inquisitor is (or what happened to her)
    • Rattle his belief in the Unifying Force and his own visions of the future with unexpected results

Existing Relationships

• Aayla Secura - [Dead] He always would joke about leaving the Jedi Order and settling down with her. When she died, her death hit him hardest. Since, he has taken it upon himself to collect all information from the world's she aided whom have made her sacred and expunge her name of any Felucian crimes on the record.
    • Other Jedi who survived Order 66 - Probably has a vague memory of these individuals, especially if they were in his class. Back when he became a Jedi Knight, he was sort of infamous for being the "Boy Master" because how his race aged.

Current Plots

• Aftercare - The story of an old boy and his new tattoo. Oh, yeah, also about escaping the Empire, Je'daii Order ties and stuff like that.
    • Mankid [A-Z] - Look back on this surprisingly long life of a ex-Jedi on his way to be a now Jedi.
    • Rite of the Past: Pink & Blue - Relapsing on Zeltros. Its going down!
    Last edited by Injah Bas; May 8th, 2020 at 05:55:23 AM.

He'd probably benefit from hanging around Anbira, with his affinity for Aayla Secura, as he was a hermit on Felucia during his awakening.

As far as starting off as a master, I'm okay with it, but I think you've actually got a storytelling opportunity here. Any Order 66 survivor that's a Knight already has a wealth of knowledge and experience ahead of contemporary knights. Sort of like how Kaanan Jarrus was a padawan at the time of the purge but he's effectively a Knight (even if he doesn't cop to it) in rebels. It might be interesting if Injah doesn't see that change, but when he gets to Ossus, the other Jedi certainly do - and he gets recognized for that experience outright in short order.

That's just a suggestion. The net result is the same - with him ending up as a master, it just feels like a cool wrinkle that you'd have as an option.

I like that idea. I think I'll go with it. Sidenote, I added a few more problems to his life I forgot.

It would be interesting if he remembers Sejah Haversh, who was a padawan at the time of Order 66, though had disappeared about a month prior, as he was snagged and frozen. He was an adult at that time, about 25 or so, and was a mostly quiet, reserved, and seemingly meek individual, and would have been the only Nehantite there at the time. He's been recently thawed out and will be working his way toward Ossus, and would look almost exactly the same as the last time Injah would have seen him.

That would work. Injah would have looked like a little boy (due to the Emerė aging process) the last time he saw Sejah. Both are working their way to Ossus, so they should cross paths.

Along with the aforementioned, I've added a key element I'd forgotten.